**Urgent help required-legal action for repossesion by Halifax**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all, i am looking for some urgent urgent help as i have been threatened with legal action to repossess my house by HLI interactive solicitors, which i believe unfairly.

Cut a long story short my partner was quite ill in pregnancy before she was due to leave so we lost out financially. When we did have our our son who was premature, my partner had to stay in hospital and i had to come home with our little boy and that meant 6 weeks no pay. Halifax at the time were great to help us out

When she returned home and less than the pay she usually gets anyway and the fact that the CSA makes me pay some money to my ex and he kids i had i agreed with Halifax we could pay £450 a month instead of £668. That agreement was in place until march this year and i must admit i broke the agreement twice due to unfortunate circumstances etc.

I thought that from dec to march we would have caaght up on all outstanding bills like gas, electric council tax etc and get straight which i have :-o BUT i now have a letter threatening action from haliffax last week.

I spoke to Halifax who said well what could you pay, which i explained as i have an even better job etc. They said fine but you will have to tell the solicitors. The solicitors text me by phone due the fact i hadnt replied to their letter and upon calling i explained that i hadn't recieved one-when they did send a copy it was for the next door neighbour:mad:

Ive made my offer to the solicitors who then called Halifax and they have said no!!! I feel really let down and i havnt slept in 3 days now through this worry. Amyone got any ideas at all please? Please find copy of letter from solicitors

DO NOT IGNORE THIS LETTER

BANK OF SCOTLAND PLC IS BRINGING PROCEEDINGS FOR THE POSSESSION OF YOUR HOME

THIS LETTER PROVIDES YOU WITH AN OPPORTUNITY TO DO SOMETHING TO PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING

Dear Mr xxxxx and Miss xxxxx

Mortgage Account No: Axxxxxxxxxxx

Mortgaged Property: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Terms of Mortgage breached: Arrears in mortgage payments

Current Arrears: £5,716.06 Current Monthly Payment: £668.85

This firm has been instructed to commence possession proceedings on behalf of Bank of Scotland plc - Halifax Division, because:

· In the past several months the Bank of Scotland plc has made a number of attempts to come to a satisfactory arrangement to clear the arrears of payments in respect of the above mortgage loan.

· Agreements have not been maintained or forthcoming and the decision to commence proceedings has therefore been taken.

It is not too late to stop your home being repossessed. Please contact the Mortgage Repossession Department on 0845 365 3852 if you wish to make a proposal for payment of the arrears. Alternatively, please forward your written proposals quoting our reference number. You can fax your written proposals on fax number 0161 831 1926. All reasonable proposals will be considered by our client. Our opening hours are Monday to Friday, 8.00 am to 7.00 pm.

If you require further debt advice, we recommend that you contact a Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB), Shelter, Community Legal or ring the National Debtline. Alternatively contact a debt advice agency such as the Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS). All these debt agency services are normally free of charge. We also recommend that you make contact with the housing department of your Local Authority.

We enclose an income and expenditure form which should be returned to this office in the pre-paid envelope provided so that our client can consider any payment proposal made by you.

Hi there, sorry to hear you're in this situation. You need to write to them as advised in their letter. If you are now able to pay the normal monthly instalment and something towards the arrears each month then you will not lose your home. Even if they do take further action, judges do not take away people's homes when they have an income and can make payments going forward.

If you need help with the letter please let me know and I'll happily draft one for you, although it will be tomorrow before I can do that.

Try not to worry too much, I'm sure there is something we can do to help.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Simple question: Have you gone onto interest only?

Have you got a copy of the new, better job offer?

Ell-enn is very good at this type of thing, but I thought I would add my bit!

Have you used the CAG I&E schedule? That is more likely to be a true reflection of your circumstances than one provided by a creditor.

Hope you can get this sorted, quickly!

If you need help with the letter please let me know and I'll happily draft one for you, although it will be tomorrow before I can do that.

Try not to worry too much, I'm sure there is something we can do to help.

that would be very good of you-thanks

• 2 weeks later...