Blackheath loans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is a bit of a long story so here goes, December 2006 we took out a £1000 loan with Blackheath loans of which we only received £840 as they took the rest for admin fees. We were to repay a total of £1912 over 24 months. We were late a couple of times over the 2 years but always caught up. The last payment was made in jan 09 or so we thought, for the next couple of months they kept ringing asking for the payment and we tried to explain that the loan had now been paid in full. they kept telling us different amounts of how much we still supposedly owed.

When I asked for an explanation they kept changing their minds as to why we still owed the money, first they said we should have been paying £121 a month instead of £79 which was on the agreement , then they said there were certain payments not received , I told them i had statements to prove payments , this was in march 2009 , we didint hear anything the following month so I assumed it was sorted. Then is August 2010 our guarentor got a letter from northampton court saying they were being chased for the money £564 which they were very angry about . I couldnt do much for the next couple of days as i went into labour with my 4th child, but when I came home from hospital we tried to sort it out , Blackheath told our guarentor that they were being taken to court as we were refusing to pay. They refused to speak to us on the phone or to reply to any letters , the reply from the court form where we could dispute the amount was sent back to blackheath by mistake so we missed to deadline. Recently our guarentor applied for a remortgage and realised that a ccj had been put on their clean credit file, this has caused so much trouble, the financial ombudsman wont help as it has already been to court. We have been advised to fill in form n244 to get the judgement set aside but we will have to pay the £75 fee as our guarentor is very annoyed as it is. what are our chances of getting this removed from our guarentors credit file .

Blackheath at no point sent a default notice, they had no right going to our guarentor as at no point did we refuse to pay them, we had paid the loan but when we asked for an explanation when they asked for more money they refused to give one, we tried to speak to them on the phone and sent letters but they just refuse to co-operate so surely we have grounds for getting this ccj set aside and make a big complaint against these people .

I would be grateful for any help

thanks

I dont understand why they were entitled to chase the guarentor, the loan had been paid off and if the extra amount was for charges they should have given us an explanation for this, we didnt at any point refuse to pay we just asked for an explanation of why they were asking us for more money which is perfectly reasonable but they just went behind our backs , they told the guarentor we had missed lots of payments and were refusing to speak to them when in fact it was the other way around and they even told the guarentor that they were concerned as we were planning to move from our current address which was a outright lie .

Ok... well they still needed to send a Default Notice to terminate the contract and apply for enforcement.

You need to send a £10 Subject Access Request to the original creditor to get hold of all of the details.

Are you on any income related benefits??? You can apply for the £75 to be waived. If you are on a limited income or have exceptional circumstances you can apply for the fee to be reduced. You need to fill out an EX160 form for this purpose.

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/EX160_web_0709.pdf

• 1 month later...

I'd just like to say that I've had a lucky escape with this company. I was due to take a £4000 guarantor loan out with them. I've never known a company like it. If their "underwriters" don't like what you are telling them they hang up on you (oh but apparently I got cut off!, yeah a likely story). When you call them back, even in the middle of the day it says their offices are closed. I found another number for them not the 0871 number and when someone answered they knew who I was straightaway. I asked them how they did this, they said they had "voice recognition software".

They don't want to help, they keep you hanging on for ages with a decision only to be told that all they needed from you was last months' bank statement and a new DD form, they stick to a script, they are very rude and sarcastic. I spoke, I think it was to the owner, a guy called "Ryan" who I have to say I wouldn't spit on him if he were on fire, a very rude company, so glad I didn't go with them!