DVLA Failure to notify new keeper fine court case dropped

snooplotty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Although s.7 Interpretation Act covers documents sent by post to DVLA , the Crown Court case I mentioned just hinged on the fact that the document was not delivered to the Secretary of State for Transport.

According to the OP of that case, that is the only thing that the judge considered, apparently he didn't consider that as DVLA are an executive agency of the Department for Transport, sending it by post to them was in effect delivering it to the Secreary of State, and as it was by post, s.7 Interpretation Act applies.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

Layla

As above I sent the DVLA a letter basically stating they had no case. In October last year they replied stating I still owed them £30. I wrote back stating that I would attend any court hearing. I have not heard anything back since October last year. If your circumstances are the same as mine. Stick to your guns. Buxtongooner

• 4 weeks later...

hi all ..

i got a letter from DVLA saying failure to notify change of keeper in sept 2013. i sent dvla a letter stating i did send the v5 form to them but havent heard anything back from them and i am due to go to court on the 1/10/2013 (tomorrow).

i have decided to go to court and dispute this in person as i havent heard back from DVLA. is this the right thing to do ? and is there anything i need to know before i go to court ?

regards

iain