First Garden Thread!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Okay, here goes:

Mum was diagnosed with a very serious illness last year. She's now had 3 courses of chemotherapy and is a lot better than last year. I don't dare say much about it, because none of us know what might happen - except we (family) do - but maybe not, so I can't talk about it. I daren't. I'm not being deliberately mysterious, it's just that we're living on hope.

She's had brilliant care and support. She was admitted to hospital last year and everything was suddenly very final - they pulled her through and she's battled, so she's still here! :) I could just weep with the stress of it. Every day.

People keep saying to her "You've kept all your hair!" How is anyone supposed to react to that? She's kept her hair and her heart and her spirit.

I'm reaching the point where I'm too tired to fight DCAs anymore. Part of the fight is to read, understand and use the knowledge that everyone here shares, but I'm all done in. I can't read much before I get a migraine. I don't think I make much sense sometimes. I can't see very well. My mood is swinging wildly. I'm menopausal and keep forgetting to take tablets - including HRT and antidepressants.

I have to keep well for the people I love.

I gave up smoking last April!! I still can't believe I finally quit. I think I'm addicted to the nicotine gum though.

So, that's it. I suppose it should be in the Effects of Debt on Health and Lifestyle Forum - but I'm more concerned about my Mum, and Mum isn't a lifestyle effect - she's Mum.

I'm writing this so if anyone wonders why I'm not posting very much... this is why.

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Sending you my best wishes. Have gone through all of the emotions that you are going through right now. Except the menopause bit of course.

Sometimes people say the daftest of things, like the hair bit, but im sure they mean well. Sometimes the right words are hard to come by.

I hope putting it down here has helped. I wish i could do more.

P.S. Dosent the nicotine gum melt when you light it.

Thanks DG :) I've just been reading about Babybear - didn't even know she was so ill. :eek:

I'm not very good at keeping up with things, and don't come around the Bear Garden usually, as I'm not good at generally chatting. (huge understatement!!) I'm struggling to keep up with life, wish I could hide away from it most of the time.

Irony is, I used to light a cigarette before I left the house - I suppose it always gave me confidence. Trashed my health, devastated our finances, but it was something I'd depended on for well over thirty years. We've got box files full of letters collected over the last three years - from banks/DCAs - so many I swear they've taken over our house... When I open them the smell of stale fags hits me - I was chain-smoking all the time. But even now I don't dislike cigarettes. Something about them - maybe it's an addiction you never really get over.

Visiting Mum in hospital last year, so many people standing outside the main entrance having a smoke. Part of me knows it's madness, another part thinks I'd like a fag - right NOW (as in right then, after visiting Mum), another part thinks I couldn't have sat with Mum in hospital as long as I did if I'd still been smoking.

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Love & hugs to you Sosumi. I really do empathise. I'm in a similar position in quite a few ways. Mum very ill,my need for psychotropic medication, age related hormonal changes (no HRT as I have mini strokes).

My memory is awful too, and medication has become a trial, I now use a box with the days on each chamber. I also have sight problems...I've been told that some anti-depressants can affect your eye sight, but the opticians just put it down to age.

Good for you stopping smoking....b*gger I started last year.

I know the feeling where you are too tired to fight the DCAs, I feel like that too most of the time, but hey Sosumi we are strong enough to fight them. We have support. Don't let them grind you down.

Once a fighter always a fighter.

My thoughts are with you Sosumi, Zim. x

sosumi, having been thrugh something similar, I can pass this little bit of info on to you... "Don't worry for 1 second about DCA's" there are much more important things in life. They are purly self appointed, they have no real power. I can sort of decipher your cryptic message in the beggining, my father (who lost his battle with cancer 5 years ago) said to me "When all life gives you is straws you still have to clutch at them." He faught 2 years longer than the doctors gave him, and in that time had some weeks that he could still do the things he loved, and even met the queen!

There is no magic wand that makes DCA's disapear I'm afraid, just don't let them get to you, and maybe try "primal scream" therapy over the phone at them?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar