equifax score 288 experian score 808! How?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have a default from a lloyds TSB overdraft and Loan from 2006. In 2006 Allied Finance took over the handling of the debt on behalf of lloyds, I pay £40 per month towards the debt. I had a number of disputes with lloyds regarding my loan and overdraft which I refered to an ombudsman, during this time I stopped paying my loan and overdraft, the ombudsman dismissed most of my disputes apart from the misselling of loan insurance which lloyds payed back, whilst the case was with the ombudsman and still in dispute lloyds passed my debt on to allied. I havent had any correspondence with lloyds for years.

can any one please tell me:

Will the default ever come off my report if there is still an outstanding balance?

Were Lloyds right to pass on the debt even though it was in dispute?

can the add another default whenever they want?

my score with equifax is 288 because of this, Is it worth going bankrupt?

thankyou

From what i understand you can only remove Defaults by applying to the OC and asking them to remove if the debt is satisfied, unlike a CCJ which drops off after 6 years.

Hope this link helps,

http://www.learnmoney.co.uk/credit-file/remove_default_notice.html

If I have been helpful please tickle my scales or better still contribute to CAG.

Don't get this - my score on equifax is 288 'very Poor' yet experian is 808 'fair' how can they be so different??

do they really read things differently or has one of them got it wrong?

I have two defaults dating from 2006 a lloyds bank overdraft and a lloyds loan, both now being handled by allied finance on behalf of lloyds. I pay £40 per month. the two defaults are my only negatives on my credit check.

does 288 (equifax score) seem very low? for these defaults?

thankyou for looking and your help.

Don't get this - my score on equifax is 288 'very Poor' yet experian is 808 'fair' how can they be so different??

do they really read things differently or has one of them got it wrong?

Strange, i thought they all had the same info but thats a big diff.

If I have been helpful please tickle my scales or better still contribute to CAG.

Mind you, i dont know what the score would be to be considered OK for Credit.

Very Poor - 288.

Fair - 808

Good - ???, anyones guess, i suppose its how they read it as well.

do these default show up on the both the CRA's files?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

threads merged

please stick to the one thread for the same question :)

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 2 weeks later...

It is important to note that the Scores the Credit Reference Agencies Provide are only an indication. When a lender performs a credit check they will build their own score based on the information on your file along with their own risk assesment and prior experience.

In terms of your files, if Equifax is showing missed payments rather than say an arrangement to pay flag then I would look to get this corrected.

Equifax will have most likely contacted the person responsible for the data and this can take a little time. I am assuming you are using their dispute service online? If so I have used it previously and it can take a little while for things to happen.

Just out of interest is there any other adverse data on the Equifax File that might not be on the Experian File?

Completed:

Woolwich: Received £30

Intelligent Finance: Received £1100 after two years and approximately 20 letters, 6 pieces of hair and an eyeball.

Barclaycard: Received £90

HFC: Received £170