Am I being sexually harassed?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I second ell-enn. The final decision is not going to be in the hands of this one man. Its more likely going to be in the hands of a selected senior group of managers that will be scoring you and the others on your performance, capability and a few other things. So really this man has no control over your employment with the company when it comes to redundancy. Even if he was part of the selected group he will have no direct control of the outcomes of your scores.

Perosonally.. hes just after a bit of crumpet while he can still get a bite.

Also once you put in a grievance it may make them feel alot more uneasy at making you redundant, so getting that recording and reporting him could well be your saving grace.

I know i myself would certainly not be making someone redundant when its come to light that they had been sexually harrassed like you have been as a result of someone trying to take advantage of your situation.

P.s Ericka's advise on benefits is top notch, so you know you'll get everything your entitled to by taking her advice.

Edited by teaboy2
added extra sentence to paragraph one

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I've asked around a bit and the other girls haven't said anything about him. So either they're lying or he hasn't tried this with anyone else and he targeting me as I'm the most valnurable. Unless he just fancies me.

Char, I think you should consider that colleagues don't make the best witnesses, as others on this forum will tell you, because they are also worried about losing their jobs.

Forgive me, and I mean this with the best will in the world, but your boss may think you're a soft target and so what if he fancies you? Several people have pointed out that you can't take his word for what he says he can do to help you. If you are special, you shouldn't be feeding this creep's ego.

Have you got any further with calculating your financial position if redundancy should happen? It seems to me that there is quite a lot of help available.

Please keep in touch, HB

Edited by honeybee13
clarification

Illegitimi non carborundum

Char, I do think it's important that you report him asap. If you wait until you are made redundant, your complaint could be viewed as sour grapes.

I agree, might as well try and make this event work to your benefit, if you tell someone senior it may well not have to go any further but it would of been noted.

Andy

I agree, might as well try and make this event work to your benefit, if you tell someone senior it may well not have to go any further but it would of been noted.

Andy

Agreed, regardless of the redundancy outcome you must escalate this - whether sexually motivated or joking (although it seems a pretty p*** poor judgement on his part to be making such suggestions if he implies that was the intent).

Escalate the complaint but use your time wisely seeking alternative employment (if needed) and/or checking what is or isnt available to you with regard to benefits and training/learning opportunities to further yourself.

They'll be a protocol for complaints but personally I'd ignore the lot and request a meeting with the HR manager and the CEO (if possible) if not his/her subordinate, take an independent witness and record or note all details discussed.

You must look after yourself, you may not be made redundant but you may still end up with a gimp as a line manager so look at all options open to you.

Take care

Gez

Hi there.....

Correct me if im wrong, but on application to a tribunal, can a claimant not request a "maintenance" payment within 7 days when cases of this nature arise???

Im a big fan of gathering fool proof evidence, as my previous case shows - a dictaphone in a pocket will record just about anything thats said. And, regardless of what people tell you, a transcript of it IS permissible in court.

PLEASE take care though, i don't know you, but for all i know this guy is a monster - its very clear he is sexually motivated, and willing to risk his job for it.

If, and when, you record him, THINK before you speak - be carefull not to make it sound like entrapment - the court might take a dim view of this.

In the mean time, make a diary of all events - I dont care if he winks at you, write it down, date+time. try to remember and write down previous events too. If he buys you a coffee, if he calls you, if he asks you do work late.....WRITE IT ALL DOWN.

I know someone who had a very similar problem, which got very complicated - but she kept her job, and was paid a rather large sum of money by the company, in a "compromise" agreement some time later.

The manager was arrested, and later charged on 3 counts of rape.

• 2 weeks later...