wonga paid money into wrong account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all ,applied for loan with wonga this mrng for 110.00, it was approved and got email to say funds have been sent , but to my horror had been sent to a bank account i no longer use and is overdrawn .have emailed wonga several times hoping they can recall the money but have not replied .i have no phone number or nothing.so deeply disstressed as this money was going to help me with food,gas/electric till my benefits on monday ,can anyone advise please :)

Hi Lucy.c40,

I am afriad there will probably be little that Wonga can do about this. If you have quoted that account and sort code number they will be unwilling to change this.

You can try but I doubt they will be very helpful

Hi Lucy

Perhaps you can appeal to your banks better nature. Explain that this was a pay day loan and following advice you had changed your mind (say you read bad things on this forum.) They may send it back for you. They may want some commitment on the overdraft.

They can only say no at worst.

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

i think the best you can do get them to track down where it went to from their bank as you refuse to pay.

once they have traced and got back the payment then simply offer them the capital lent with no interest...... if you go overdue for around two months they will offer this as a settlement usually anyway.

cancel your card too, they will go for this on payday even if the probelm isnt sorted, you can bet on it