False accusations after complaining - ** WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am resigning, have decided that it is the best option. I need to get back to normaility and put this behind me.

Can anyone advise me as to what I should include in my resignation letter? I have tried to draft a few copies but I keep rambling on.

Thanks.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about -

Dear (insert MD's name, or just pillock)

I am resigning on (insert date resignation).

Yours sincerely

Ms J.

Straight and to the point. Don't flatter them with anything more.

You could always wrap it round a brick and post it through their window.:D

My Manager has resigned and received a letter accepting her resignation but also stating that she was still to attend a greivance and disciplinary hearing. Is this correct? I will no doubt get the same letter minus the greivance part as my greivance letter has never been aknowledged.

He should think himself so damn lucky that you and the manager have merely decided to resign!

If I was in your position, I'd take this guy to bits!

There are quite a lot of small business owners like this about.

The Basil Fawltey/Alan Partridges of this world. The reason they have their own business is because they just don't get on with anyone and can't hold down a job themselves.

The guy is a joke. I hope that I don't encounter another like him!

I can't see how he can force anyone to do anything once they have resigned and also have a sick line to cover them for the notice period. It is worrying though, these damn letter that keep arriving are driving us mad!

Ms J. From reading other threads on this forum, I thought that harrassing someone who's on sick leave was a no no?

Trying to start a grievance by the employer doesn't seem logical to me.

Nail him if you can!

I thought so too, Honeybee.

My Manager raised a grievance when she first went off sick, so this is what he is referring too! The grievance meeting was to take place an hour before disciplinary hearing and he has stated that this is still to happen.

I thought so too, Honeybee.

My Manager raised a grievance when she first went off sick, so this is what he is referring too! The grievance meeting was to take place an hour before disciplinary hearing and he has stated that this is still to happen.

And he's intending on hearing both?:confused:

And he's intending on hearing both?:confused:

Yes. The disciplinary will be minuted by a colleague, we are 99.9% sure that it would be the so called "consultant" who does the minutes.

Forgive me if you've said this before, but is there a written grievance procedure for the company?

There is, we have no access to it now though. I can remember that greivances should be aknowledged with within either 5 or 7 working days and should be dealt with by someone other than the person the grievance is against but in this situation there is nobody higher than him.

Hello,

Sorry - when I posted on your other thread I didn't then realise that it was you on this thread.

Incase it helps here's an example letter that might hopefully help you compose yours.

It's a combined resignation/grievance letter and when resigning without notice. I've heavily edited it but left enough in to maybe provide some inspiration for composing your own.

Joe Bloggs Ltd

xxxxx Road

AB1 ABC

xx January 2010

FAO: xxxxxxxx

Resignation / Grievance

With immediate effect and without notice I am resigning from the position of xxxxxx with Joe Bloggs Ltd.

This letter of resignation is also to be treated as a grievance. My reasons for resigning are as follows:

1) My grievance dated xx December 2009 set out events, which I considered to be a fundamental breach of the trust and confidence I held in you as my employer. However, I wanted to give you the chance to deal with these issues in the hope that this trust and confidence returned and I would be able to return to work.

However, your actions towards me since that date clearly evidence that you have no interest in dealing with my grievance seriously and this act is the final straw in a long line of events.

I no longer hold any trust and confidence in you as my employer. It cannot be restored and this is the main reason for my resignation.

2) Furthermore (go on to describe about your wage deductions ...............the attempts you made to discuss the matter which were ignored) . I believe these actions were purposely taken by Joe Bloggs Ltd to cause me detriment and distress.

3) Also, I have been on sick leave with work related stress since xxx December 2009 and I feel Joe Bloggs has done nothing to assist my return to work and has instead continuously harassed me so as to cause me additional distress.

I believe I am owed xxx days accrued holiday from xxxx 2009 to date. I believe I am also owed £xxxx for December's deductions from my pay and wages due to me up to last day of my employment. I therefore expect to receive payment of my accrued and outstanding holiday and wages due to me within 14 days of today’s date.

Yours Sincerely

xxxx xxxxx

If you want to resign WITH notice change the first sentence to reflect that - you're giving the requred xxxx notice of your resignation from the company. Your sick note covers your notice period until and including your last day of employment.

Edited by pippadeee

fixed

Joe Bloggs Ltd

xxx

xxx

xx January 2010

FAO: xxxxxxxx

Dear Sirs

Resignation / Grievance

With immediate effect and without notice I am resigning from the position of xxxxxx with Joe Bloggs Ltd.

This letter of resignation is also to be treated as a grievance. My reasons for resigning are as follows:

1) My grievance dated xx December 2009 set out events, which I considered to be a fundamental breach of the trust and confidence I held in you as my employer. However, I wanted to give you the chance to deal with these issues in the hope that this trust and confidence returned and I would be able to return to work.

However, your actions towards me since that date clearly evidence that you have no interest in dealing with my grievance seriously and this act is the final straw in a long line of events.

I no longer hold any trust and confidence in you as my employer. It cannot be restored and this is the main reason for my resignation.

2) Furthermore (go on to describe about your wage deductions ...............the attempts you made to discuss the matter which were ignored) . I believe these actions were purposely taken by Joe Bloggs Ltd to cause me detriment and distress.

3) Also, I have been on sick leave with work related stress since xxx December 2009 and I feel Joe Bloggs has done nothing to assist my return to work and has instead continuously harassed me so as to cause me additional distress..

I believe I am owed xxx days accrued holiday from xxxx 2009 to date. I believe I am also owed £xxxx for December's deductions from my pay and wages due to me up to last day of my employment. I therefore expect to receive payment of my accrued and outstanding holiday and wages due to me within 14 days of today’s date.

Yours Sincerely

xxxx xxxxx

If you want to resign WITH notice change the first sentence to reflect that - you're giving the requred xxxx notice of your resignation from the company. Your sick note covers your notice period until and including your last day of employment.

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

I have a supplementary question please.

If Ms J sends in this excellent letter, how will she stand with a future employer if the grievance is ongoing with the old firm? And would it impact on her reference?

Ms J, I think you mentioned continuing in the same business at some point. I think you should set up in competition and take all the business. If he's like that with staff, I wonder how he is with customers or clients?

Illegitimi non carborundum

I have a supplementary question please.

If Ms J sends in this excellent letter, how will she stand with a future employer if the grievance is ongoing with the old firm? And would it impact on her reference?

Ms J, I think you mentioned continuing in the same business at some point. I think you should set up in competition and take all the business. If he's like that with staff, I wonder how he is with customers or clients?

Considering what's gone on leading up to it I'd say, if anything, the impact could be a positive one.

As things stand the primary worry is what might be said in any reference given. If there's a strong possibility that the ex employer will be vindictive then it's no bad thing to have some bargaining power to minimise or eradicate the chances of a negative reference. She wants her money and at least a neutral reference. I'm sure if she can get both with the least amount of fuss and stress she'll be glad to get away from the swines and start afresh somewhere else. Put diplomatically to the employer that it will also be saving THEM a lot of unecessary time, money and fuss is the negotiating/bargaining power part of it.

If her manager who is in a similar position is also of a mind to seek redress then that's two aggrieved ex-employees the empoyer has to deal with, and two ex-employees in contact with one another with the same tale to tell may be twice the incentive the employer needs to start acting reasonably and responsibly for once.

The fact that her manager was in the same position and now gone, whilst not great for that manager, it may help Ms J where a reference is concerned if her ex-manager is prepared to give her a personal reference as her former manager.

Future employer and reference worries wise a statement on the lines of "the company owes me unpaid wages. This dispute is still ongoing as, obviously, I want my money. Unfortunately I fear this may influence any reference from them, however the manager I reported directly to for several years there, and who knows me and my work well, will (or also will) provide you with a reference too".

My situation has just got a whole lot worse. The accusations made against me have resulted in a letter stating that I have to attend court. If only I had not raised a grievance!

That's a horrible thing to do. Did the police investigate then? Have they told you what you've done to be summoned to court?

I can't comment on the court part of it, but I'm sure we can get you some help. Is there any helpful information in the police letter?

My best.

Illegitimi non carborundum