charges appeal goes with the banks!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh, wait a second!!!!! Here we go.....

"Seconds away, round 1" ding, ding........

Banks could be forced by Government to offer fairer bank charges - Telegraph

Gordon to the rescue !!!

Call me a cynic. Whats the betting that Gormless Gordon will come up with a nice package for the bankers victims on the eve of his election campaign.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He will do what he always does... get people repaid and then tax the ****e out of it... then allow banks to charge for running accounts / cash withdrawals etc

One way or another someone will pay for it... no guesses who

Yes, and what's the betting he'll have forgotten about it the day after election, assuming he gets in, which I don't think he will.

Still, if he does, he can at least call himself a democratically elected leader this time.

I thought no one could possibly be worse than Tony Bliar. I was wrong. Surely its time for Gormless Gordon to admit defeat and go. Even if he were to go tomorrow we will be left with his and Bliars legacy for years to come

Greedy Bankers ruining the Country

Our Soldiers being murdered in Afghanistan

Immigration policy in tatters

Now under the full control of Europe (Praise the Lord that Bliar wasnt made president)

Winter of Discontent approaching with the Unions

Elf and Dafety a joke ruining peoples livelyhood

A few years ago I made the comment that this PM, chancellor and H/Sec will go down in history has the worst ever but old gordy has even supassed his own levels of stupidity and incompetance.

If like after the last election the PM retires (yes there is still a chance they will get back in, where I live the saying goes; post up a pig with a labour rosett on and it will get voted in, I like living here because it make me feel so superior LOL) But back to what I was saying: If like after the last election the pm retires? then who do you want Messitupalson or tell me what to do Darling?

The choice is yours

there's only one thing that'll sort this country and the **** running it

but unfortunately they're fighting in Afghanistan at the minute

Come the revolution eh:cool:

DCAs first followed by the bankers and their government pimps

SERIOUSLY what would happen if we all took our money out of the banks,:confused:or on a monthly basis moved it all from one to another and watch every one of them squirm in toil!!! hah! hah! hah! much laughter.

Edited by themagcian

Can you blame people who try and find any loophole to get out of paying their debts after this recent victory for the banks. I am not one to escape paying what I owe but this really has changed my mind, what a a wait for nothing.

You get Martin Lewis who hypes people up on T.V and his website and as soon as consumers think they are going to get somewhere they have the rug pulled out from under them. I think this whole reclaiming bank charges game was just to put peoples minds focused on other things as the recession.

Well it's over now we just have to live with it

Well it's over now we just have to live with it
It's not over at all, the Supreme Court has more or less given the OFT a way out to start a new case and that is Section 5 of the UTCCR 1999.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

It's not over at all, the Supreme Court has more or less given the OFT a way out to start a new case and that is Section 5 of the UTCCR 1999.

Finally... some rationality :)

Too many people are getting in a tizz over this. In my opinion the OFT had it wrong in the first place.

:eek:

Hold on a mo, but UTCCR 1999 stems from an EU directive which was dropped on the UK unexpectedly, and in most quarters was unwelcome. It effectively changed UK laws in favour of the consumer, and yet the press are always howling about how useless and counter productive the EU is (are?).

Are you trying to tell me the EU has actually done something useful for ordinary peasants??? :razz:

It's nice to see the UK has a Supreme Court at last instead of just relying on a bunch of Lords a'Leaping, who only have an interest in common folk when they need their potties emptied.

Vive la revolution, freedom for Tooting!!! ;)

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

The British Electorate are sick of the corruption...

We have witnessed;

the ludicrous Bank Bail Out;

the MP's expenses scandal;

the Bank of England cover up re: Covert Funding for Banks and;

the judiciary scandal:

Now the expenses spotlight falls on Britain's judiciary - Home News, UK - The Independent

Enough, is enough, I say!

Not the worst of all though. That probably goes to our currency being technically worth nothing, that's right, nada zilch, zero.

Once the backing of precious metals was removed sterling became backed by a promise.... and we all know how much we trust bankers promises..... at that same time the Bank Of England could expand and contract the money supply at will. If confidence goes in sterling then you could have a situation where hyper inflation develops and your talking needing a wheel barrow full of the stuff to purchase a bag of rice.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

The most critical new Sections of the UTCCR read:

"A contractual term which has not been individually negotiated shall be regarded as unfair if, contrary to the requirement of good faith, it causes a significant imbalance in the parties’ rights and obligations arising under the contract, to the detriment of the consumer.

A term shall always be regarded as not having been individually negotiated where it has been drafted in advance and the consumer has therefore not been able to influence the substance of the term.

Notwithstanding that a specific term or certain aspects of it in a contract has been individually negotiated, these Regulations shall apply to the rest of a contract if an overall assessment of it indicates that it is a pre-formulated standard contract.”

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Personally I love the idea of the EU...

The only problem with it is that it is run by corrupt politicians; but tell me that isn't the case with every democracy :|

:eek:

Hold on a mo, but UTCCR 1999 stems from an EU directive which was dropped on the UK unexpectedly, and in most quarters was unwelcome. It effectively changed UK laws in favour of the consumer, and yet the press are always howling about how useless and counter productive the EU is (are?).

Are you trying to tell me the EU has actually done something useful for ordinary peasants??? :razz:

It's nice to see the UK has a Supreme Court at last instead of just relying on a bunch of Lords a'Leaping, who only have an interest in common folk when they need their potties emptied.

Vive la revolution, freedom for Tooting!!! ;)

Does anyone else remember the banker sketch from John Bird and John Fortune, when the banker is trying to explain how the crash happened, that they knew it was coming but did nothing to stop it because ordinary folk pick up the bill, and if bankers are forced to move away from London City through taxes and capped bonuses they will go elsewhere and ruin someone elses economy??

Look whats happening in Dubai now, and bear that in mind when you watch this (again) YouTube - A blast from Bloom!

Is life just one big (expensive) comedy show for the overwhelming majority??

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

Finally... some rationality :)

Too many people are getting in a tizz over this. In my opinion the OFT had it wrong in the first place.

But the point is what is there to convince people they'd do a better job if they try again under clause 5.. another 2 years of staying court action?

Far better if they just recommend that individual cases are brought and settled in county court imvho.

S.

But the point is what is there to convince people they'd do a better job if they try again under clause 5.. another 2 years of staying court action?

Far better if they just recommend that individual cases are brought and settled in county court imvho.

S.

I agree completely. It was always the best route for individuals rather than relying on the organisations and legislators who all seem in cahoot with in another.