Is this loan unenforcible?

beyondhope
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear sir/madam

I wish to draw your attention to the following issues I have regarding the above account number.

• On checking my credit report the above account is registered as being 37 months not 36 months as stated on the agreement signed by myself.
  • On checking my credit report the above account is registered as having a monthly payment of £110 when in fact the signed agreement stated £109.74

I wish for you to amend this information to show the correct length of loan and payments due monthly.

I received the requested subject access request but find it to be incomplete, I respectfully request the further information be sent to me at your earliest convenience.

A point I noticed on reading through the subject access request was a charge for £25 for a home visit. The only visit I have received from yourselves is to deliver direct debit forms. I in no way asked for these forms to be hand delivered and as such find this charge highly unnecessary. I wish for this charge to be removed from my account, this outside call was registered as 27/04/2009.

I wish to remind you that this account is in dispute and as such no collection activity should be made including the adding of charges to my account, despite this fact I am still receiving letters regarding this account from my local branch.

Earnestly awaiting your response

Me, Myself and I

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

comments/advice please :)

are we still sending all coreespondance to notts?

Thanks in advance

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Only point i would of done differant is

these forms to be hand delivered and as such find this charge highly unnecessary and unlawfull

Please seek further advise and im sure somone else will advise. But good letter, I also advise to send recorded delivery.

Thank you will add that in...

Will wait for confirmation of where to send it before doing it but thanks yes I will send recorded even if royal mail are rubbish and havent delivered a letter that was sent first recorded on weds (according to track and trace) :rolleyes:

To be honest I can`t see any reason why they would close the Compliance Centre/ Head Office of this once great and all encompassing business. :rolleyes:

Unless of course, it would just be very much easier and cheaper for the **** if all their mail went straight to FOS.:p

Cheers, MARK

Thank God for that!!! I was having withdrawal symptoms. Two hours with out anything new to read on CAG. I nearly forgot about CAGBOT then !!! Careful now.... LOL.

Should be a British Institution like, News at 10 or Stephen Fry. still running in 40 years. The Consumer version of the Antiques Road Show.

Mind you that must be some Data Base to lose?????

Welcome back everybody.:D Missed you all. lol;)

To be honest I can`t see any reason why they would close the Compliance Centre/ Head Office of this once great and all encompassing business. :rolleyes:

Unless of course, it would just be very much easier and cheaper for the **** if all their mail went straight to FOS.:p

Cheers, MARK

Aaannndddd Mark and his sense of humour are back lol :cool:

Notts it is then :)

I hope the 4 guests that were reading this when i posted the letter enjoy their xmas wondering if they still have jobs and how long for :p

Thank God for that!!! I was having withdrawal symptoms. Two hours with out anything new to read on CAG. I nearly forgot about CAGBOT then !!! Careful now.... LOL.

Should be a British Institution like, News at 10 or Stephen Fry. still running in 40 years. The Consumer version of the Antiques Road Show.

Mind you that must be some Data Base to lose?????

Welcome back everybody.:D Missed you all. lol;)

Steady now sailor lol Mine crashed totally I couldnt even get on CAG I was actually very nearly at the shakes stage of withdrawal lol :-o Still not getting notifications but at least I can read and post :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

1b says:

we may from time to time increase or reduce the Rate of Interest after giving you 14 days' written notice. We may give effect to any such increase or reduction by increasing or decreasing the length of the duration of the agreement or the size of monthly payments or both.

so basically they can make the loan longer whenever they feel like it and charge more a month whenever they feel like it :mad:

on looking now i can see the apr (variable) is 65.1%

and

rate of interest per annum (in accordance with 1b) is 60.1%

so im guessing if its a fixed amount you are borrowing then the apr should also be fixed??

thanks for looking at this for me post :)

Loan calculator : FSA money made clear this may be of use to some?? although mine doesnt seem to add up which realllly doesnt surprise me :rolleyes:

1b says:

we may from time to time increase or reduce the Rate of Interest after giving you 14 days' written notice. We may give effect to any such increase or reduction by increasing or decreasing the length of the duration of the agreement or the size of monthly payments or both.

so basically they can make the loan longer whenever they feel like it and charge more a month whenever they feel like it :mad:

on looking now i can see the apr (variable) is 65.1%

and

rate of interest per annum (in accordance with 1b) is 60.1%

so im guessing if its a fixed amount you are borrowing then the apr should also be fixed??

thanks for looking at this for me post :)

hi post can you explain the significance of this in idiot speak for me please hehe :)

They Cant Quote This

Its A Fixed Sum Loan Agreement

Thats Says It All

Fixed Repayments

Fixed Apr

That Clause 1 (b) Is Pure Rollocks Its For Secured Loans/ Mortgage

The Only Way This Could Be Poss Is If You Sign A New Agreement To Vary The First

so basically yet another toilet paper agreement??

marvellous :D

shall i keep this to myself for now or use it to keep account in dispute?

ill give them til closer to the end of the month coz they still in dispute from cca request received sar but not cca they didnt even acknowledge that i also queried home visit i never asked for and was unnecessary and they havent acknowleged that either so will give them a couple of wks to sort that out and then before they are expecting another payment they can chew on this ;) ill post a letter up for the ok before i send it if thats ok? thanks for your help once again :)

Hi dawn ive been watching yours too ;) any ideas when you will break the 'good' news?

I LOVE the fact you have trashed BOTH mine lol I wish they would stop dragging it out though Id love to know what will happen on the other one coz this is a baby agreement in comparasion lol

They have said we will have a final response re our complaints about the ppi by January 8th....so will see what happens then.

I am a bit frightened to put the account in dispute yet....I don't want to get my daughters boyfriend in a mess that he cant get out of.....at the moment he is paying a weekly amount and they are leaving him alone.

I dont really know enough about all this to just jump in.

Hopefully I will be able to decide by the end of the week what to do next with the help of other caggrers.

I'll keep watching you and keep my own thread updated.

Dawnx

We Will Move Onto That

Slowly Slowly

Catchy Monkey

Ive actually got more patience with it all than i had initially but i think thats because they have actually stuck to the no calls letter when they were calling all the time it was making me want to rush it through intimidating whatsits! :mad:

Im just waiting for the knock on the door now ;)

They have said we will have a final response re our complaints about the ppi by January 8th....so will see what happens then.

I am a bit frightened to put the account in dispute yet....I don't want to get my daughters boyfriend in a mess that he cant get out of.....at the moment he is paying a weekly amount and they are leaving him alone.

I dont really know enough about all this to just jump in.

Hopefully I will be able to decide by the end of the week what to do next with the help of other caggrers.

I'll keep watching you and keep my own thread updated.

Dawnx

Dawn dont be afraid to dispute it because although he wont pay whilst its in dispute you can always put the £ away for him and then he will have a nice little cushion when its all over plus they arent allowed to enforce the missed payments as far as im aware it would then be up to you whether you pay a little extra or add it onto then end....im sure someone will correct me if im wrong:confused:

Now I Have This Straight From The Horses Mouth

Welcome Are Leaving Alone Delinquent Accounts

They Are Only Interested In Hastling The Reg Payers

Thats Less Than 3 Months In Arrears

So If Welcome Are Leaving You Alone, You Leave Alone

I Give Cattles A Max Of Three Months