Is this loan unenforcible?

beyondhope
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5012 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks dawn :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Advice please.....received this today from local office

We refer to previous correspondence regarding your above numbered account, which for one reason or another gone unanswered.

Your account has now been reconmended for legal action, which could dramatically increase the balance owing due to legal fees that will be applied.

In order to avoid this action, we are writing to give you an opportunity to resolve matters in a way that is satisfactory to all parties concerned.

Could you please call me on the above number or alternatively write to me at the above address where we can discuss your account, and hopefully an amicable arrangement in more detail.

We look forward to hearing from you within the next 7 days.

sorry the scanner is having a fit so typed it up instead of scanning - do i respond basically saying incomplete sar, no cca please stop collection activity or do i ignore? or any other suggestions most welcome thanks in advance :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Beyondhope they are Trying To Get A Bite! All they Want Is You to Call Them So they Can Attempt To Coerce You Into Signing A New Agreement Or Something Like.:mad:

Only My Opinion But I would Edit The Letter You Have Already Sent (Post 28 I think), And Reiterate The Things They Are Not Allowed To Do While The Account Is In Dispute (CPUTR 2008).

At Least Then You Are Keeping It In Dispute Even If They Don`t Agree That It Is. If You See What I Mean. LOL. :cool:

They Are Saying You Have Not Replied To Their Letters. Is this Because Of the Letter You Found In the Glove Compartment? lol.:lol: Edit That And Send It As Well. Just Play The Dummy Has To Why They Haven`t Received All Other Correspondence, Or Remind Them Of When They Did Receive Things.:wink:

Cheers, MARK

Thanks Mark I did think as much but wanted someone else to say it for reassurance the problem we seem to be having is im sending to compliance and local office are saying theres nothing on file (for both accounts) of course I have the signatures to prove they were received so thats there problem really ill throw a letter together tomorrow and put in a copy of the one in post #124 thanks for your reply :)

Hi Beyondhope,

As Mark says I think they are trying to get you to ring to start making payments again.

I wondered about sending the letter to local office as well as compliance when I sent ours this week.

Perhaps it would be worth sending your local office a copy of the last letters that you have sent and explain that you are now dealing with Compliance and in writing only.

I think its probably a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand's doing.LOL.:D

Keep us informed.:)

Dawnx

PS. First payment missed today since I sent account in dispute letter.I expect the phone calls will start tomorrow.8)

Hi Dawn....the local manager has already been told I will only be dealing with compliance and in writing and her response was that compliance only pass to local office so deal directly with local office :rolleyes: I will forward on the last letter but I wont hold my breath for much sense from them on it :( This account has been in dispute since I think November so thats 2 missed payment and this is the first letter with a threat in it, no phone calls at all since phone call letter sent :eek: can ya believe it :p Best of luck :)

Question: Did anyone find out if variable APR is permitted on a fixed sum agreement?

just had a letter through door saying complaint received is being passed to complaints dept (tel 0845 618 7847) and I will be contacted in a few days regarding my complaint - not by phone i wont lol :D

Hi Beyondhope,

As Mark says I think they are trying to get you to ring to start making payments again.

I wondered about sending the letter to local office as well as compliance when I sent ours this week.

Perhaps it would be worth sending your local office a copy of the last letters that you have sent and explain that you are now dealing with Compliance and in writing only.

I think its probably a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand's doing.LOL.:D

Keep us informed.:)

Dawnx

PS. First payment missed today since I sent account in dispute letter.I expect the phone calls will start tomorrow.8)

In The Early Stages Of My Complaints I CC`d Copies Of any Letters For Local Monkeys to Compliance, Informing Them, This Is A Copy Of Letter To WFS Local Office, Sent Today. Never Included Local *RSE Holes When Writing To Compliance. Always Used To Add "Just In Case Right Dosen`t Know What Left Is Doing" And Stated If They Needed Any Further Help, To Contact Me At Any Time.

Told them On A Number Of Occasions They Needed Extra Staff Training, To Ensure All Their Employees Knew What A CCA Request Was And The Difference Between CCA And SAR.

I Also Asked Them Why Our Account Manager (*ANKER) Was Off For Every Staff Training Day!

This Question Of "Fixed Sum" Is Quite Complicated, Isn`t It? My Opinion Was that It Was Simply The Sum Borrowed That Was A "Fixed Sum". Therefore The Interest Can Be Varied?

When I asked the ****, If The The Interest Can Be Varied, Why Was I Still Paying The Full Rate On the Agreement And Not The Bank Of England Base Rate? I thought It A Sensible Question, But I never Received An Answer. I don`t Know If Postggj Is Still Looking Into This? :D :D :D

Cheers, MARK :cool:

Thanks Mark I'll send a copy of the letter sent to compliance to local monkeys and inform them compliance has acknowledged it etc so basically bog off lol :D

Hi Beyondhope

What You Have Written In Post 129 Is Exactly How It Was With Me,the Local Branch Saying Nothing Is Showing As Complaints Or Disputes Showing On Ours Or Compliance Screen.well They Share The Same System And Local Branch Can See Exactly What Compliance Have Received And Entered But They Always Deny It.

Not Any Help To You But Just Wanted You To Know Its Just One Of There Tactics.

Regards Edwi69

Edwi thank you for your reply I did think as much but the threat of court has worried me somewhat and now I have received a letter of recognition from compliance that its been passed to complaints im tempted to send nothing to the local office until I have had a response from complaints.

Is it worth me writing to local office with a copy of what compliance has already acknowledged or do I just leave them hanging whilst I wait for complaints to get back to me?

Hi

Me myself would leave the local branch and leave it in the hands of compliance as at the end of the day local branch can see on their data screen what has been received by compliance and what has also been sent.

The local branch think they are a law of their own,they will try anything for that commision.

Regards

Hi

Me myself would leave the local branch and leave it in the hands of compliance as at the end of the day local branch can see on their data screen what has been received by compliance and what has also been sent.

The local branch think they are a law of their own,they will try anything for that commision.

Regards

EXACTLY!!!:lol:

Hi

Regards

HERE HERE !!!

Edwi, Mark and Ozzy Thank you for your replies :) Stuff um it is then :D

Lets hope my local office gets closed down I would like nothing more than to know the incompetent rude offensive manager is unemployed :D let alone her tribe of useless cretin employees :D stated with much love of course ;)

Received final response today (no posatage paid on it though so cost £1.30!)

img023.jpg

Was it one page?

I would check the total amount of charges they have applied. I am in court with them at the moment.

Once you have the final response you can complain to the FOS.

Make sure when you complain to them you list out everything that is wrong/your dispute with welscum.

(also had some calls from them offering a discounted settlement on our accounts! - what a joke)

Keep sending everying by letter, dont speak to them.

He seems to have acknowledged the charges issue and completely disregarded the CRA issues is this why i take it to fos as i dont think there are any further issues with this account unless someone else has spotted anything....

It was double sided but the other side was just explaining 6months to complain to fos from date of letter

Thanks for your reply :)

Beyond Hello Me Again!!!:D How`re You Doing?

Before you Complain To Fos Just Have A Look At Things Like CCA 1974, Trading Standards Guidelines, CPUTR Etc. You Will Glean A Lot That You Can Tell FOS About The *ASTARDS And The Rules Or Laws They Have Ignored Or Broken.

Emanevs Is The BEES On Case Law And Letters Has Far Has I Am Concerned. Great To Have On Side!!!;)

I Was Wondering Earlier Where Emanevs Had Got To???;) ( Unrequited Love, I`m Afraid) LOL. ;) Good Luck Emanevs!!!:cool:

Cheers, MARK

Hi Mark All well if not a little confused here lol (not related to this thread my other one ;) )

I have had a read of some of those things but alot of it reads rather like chinese to me :confused: i shall have a re read and see what I can get from it I have just remembered my SAR was incomplete anyway and no CCA received so dispute it shall stay.

Mark you old flirt you :lol:

I shall have a read over again and see what sort of list I can come up with if anyone notices anything or can point me in right direction please please do as im beginning to get scrambled egg brain between the two agreements :D