Is this loan unenforcible?

beyondhope
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5028 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've not seen this thread before so I'd have to have a read from the start to see if there's anything else you could do ;) But from reading the last page it seems you want to make an arrangement to pay, if that's what you want then you def better off dealing with TLG than Welcome, yu stand a better chance of getting some sense outta them!! :D

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not seen this thread before so I'd have to have a read from the start to see if there's anything else you could do ;) But from reading the last page it seems you want to make an arrangement to pay, if that's what you want then you def better off dealing with TLG than Welcome, yu stand a better chance of getting some sense outta them!! :D

Feel free to have a read :lol:

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Feel free to have a read :lol:

I will definitely. I hate welcome finance!! I absolutely cannot believe they're still trying to hang on by the skin of their teeth to their lame excuse that I'm not entitled to ask for the return of the car cos of section 90 blah blah blah!! :-x I'm so glad I've got an opportunity to bring them down, and any other opportunities are also very welcomed ha ha!! :)

well fos didnt want this one so ur welcome to it :lol:

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Fos don't seem to want buggarall these days! :mad:

Too true will draft a letter to TLG and post it here whilst I await your eye over the thread ;)

Dear TLG

Re: Account 666

I write with regard to your letter dated 4th June 2010. I have received no assignment notification from Welcome Financial Services regarding this account so am unsure as to why TLG are requesting payment in full for the above account number.

As already explained to Welcome Financial Services, following losing my job in February 2010, my income consists of only jobseekers allowance. As I have a young family for which I have to provide I am not in a position to settle this debt in full.

For our information I have enclosed a copy of my jsa award, which covers both myself and my wife. As such we have no disposable income so I propose to make payment of £5 per month until our financial situation changes.

Please provide me with details to enable me to set up a standing order or provide me with giro slips to enable me to pay directing into the bank in cash.

Yours faithfully

Dear TLG

Re: Account 666

I write with regard to your letter dated 4th June 2010. I have received no assignment notification from Welcome Financial Services regarding this account so am unsure as to why TLG are requesting payment in full for the above account number.

As already explained to Welcome Financial Services, following losing my job in February 2010, my income consists of only jobseekers allowance. As I have a young family for which I have to provide I am not in a position to settle this debt in full.

For Your information I have enclosed a copy of my jsa award, which covers both myself and my wife. As such we have no disposable income so I propose to make payment of £5 per month until our financial situation changes.

Please provide me with details to enable me to set up a standing order or provide me with giro slips to enable me to pay directLY into the bank in cash.

Yours faithfully

It's cool mate, to the point :cool:

It's cool mate, to the point :cool:

Thank you :) I wont send just yet ill let u and others have a read first.... ill send friday probably :)

I'm totally free all day tomorrow so I'm dedicating it to getting my SJ submitted and some extra welcome bashing for good measure!! Off to bed now, got a busy day tomorrow ;)

I went to bed too :) Happy SJ completing ;) ill be around on and off if u need anything :D

• 3 weeks later...

Whoopsy forgot to send the letter and now I have one from Howard Cohen & Co Solicitors....same letter to them??

isnt howard cohen the in house solicitors for welcome

they certainly are

bump for advice please :)

Beyond, i think your next step should be to sent the solicitors copies of the letters you have sent to Welcome and the DCA,

with covering letter stating,

Dear Sirs,

Following your letter dated ?????, I have enclosed for your reference my letters dated ????? and ?????? delivered to welcome finance and DCA.

As stated in these letters my circumstance is that of a low income family currently supported by Job seekers allowance, Therefore i proposed a payment of £5 per week until such time that my financial curcumstance changes.

Am I to assume that neither Welcome financial services nor DCA are willing to except this offer of reduced payments, As if this is this case, could you be so kind as to ask them to confirm their intentions in writing.

Yours Sincerely

????????

Thanks ims problem being dca never had the letter because ive had so much on i totally forgot to send it! Welcome did however have the letter, respond that it was being looked into by a manager that could authorise it and gave me i&e form to complete which I did and returned and the next I heard was the DCA letter

Just use the same as the above but just remove the dca bit, If you are legally dispute an account, they can not pass it to a dca to enforce, I would send a letter to welcome, just outlining that since you have made an offer to pay at a lower rate due to your change in circumstances, and as you have not had a reply from them, and have now recieved a letter from a third party requesting full payment, tell them you now dispute the account under the unfair relationship act 2006 and that you now deem the account in legal dispute until you hear of thier proposals, this will stop any further action until they listen to your requests.

Thanks ims will get onto this tonight and post a letter here for comments

Suggestions please: Shall I write directly to welcome explaining they havet answered my proposal or do I just send the following to HC:

I write with regard to your letter dated 25th June 2010. I have received no assignment notification from Welcome Financial Services regarding this account so am unsure as to why Howard Cohen are requesting payment in full for the above account number.

As already explained to Welcome Financial Services, following losing my job in February 2010, my income consists of only jobseekers allowance. As I have a young family for which I have to provide I am not in a position to settle this debt in full. Income and expenditure was provided to them and I have received no further response from them.

For your information I have enclosed a copy of my jsa award, which covers both myself and my wife. As such we have no disposable income so I propose to make payment of £5 per month.

Please provide me with details to enable me to set up a standing order or provide me with giro slips to enable me to pay directly into the bank in cash.

Yours faithfully

wel I sent letter to HC and local welcome office and got a response from Lewis Debt Recovery lol anyway they refused my offer doubled it and told me first payment needs to be made by 16th and provided some giro slips and if i miss any payment they will issue legal proceedings etc

• 1 month later...

I have had a payment agreement with TLG, I have kept to this agreement (I missed one weekly payment but when I remembered I doubled up the next payment so dont actually have any missed payments) and have received a demand for the whole amount due to breaking the agreement should I just ignore this and continue as I was or do you think a letter would be appropriate to try and establish what they are playing at?

found ya

i shall read from the start,

cab

i have'nt seen much to do with the variable interest rate on a fixed sum loan agreement.

in Brooks v Northern Rock.

Agreements for running-account credit (like credit cards) or variable rate fixed-sum loan

agreements require, as part of the prescribed terms under Schedule 6 of the CCAR 1983,

a statement of the rate of interest on the agreement.

Other agreements require a statement of the rate of interest as part of the prescribed

information under Schedule 1 (in the case of credit agreements) or Schedule 3 (in the case

of hire agreements) to the CCAR 1983.

even though it is a fixed sum loan agreement, the interest may be variable but it must be clearly evident that it is,

cab