CRA's and previous addresses

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4600 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After recently searching the CRA's reports I have found I am linked to several addresses I have never lived at. Since 1982 I have only lived at two UK adresses. I have spent large amounts of time abroad so there will be gaps in my address records.

How long do previous address remain on my Credit File?

How do I go about removing the incorrect information from my Credit File as after reading through these forums it seems CRA are very reluctant to remove any data from there systems.

If facing an uphill struggle with all three major CRA's with incorrect data etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi 247orbital,

Here is a link to a similar question from the Experian Website FAQ's...

Experian - Linked Addresses Explained.

...It explains the remedies which it requires U to take, which I would assume also apply to the other CRAs.

:)

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

from what I understand its down to the companies who registered the addresses as linked to remove them NOT the CRA's. So as far as I understand its a waste of time as we all know it is almost impossible to get anything removed from you credit file regardless if the information is worng or not without going to court.

From my current understanding after spending the last month researching CRA's, defaults, CCJ's etc the only way something is 100% removed from your file is after the 6 year rule. As we know the system is open to massive abuse by the CRA's and DCA's safe in the knowledge that court action is our (the public) only route to any form of justice.

You have to ask yourself when a CC judge accepts that by just posting a CCJ (normal post not recorded or special delivery) is sufficent and evidence that it has been received and accepted ???? Where is the hope when such lax methods and rules are allowed to exist, without having any regard for the plantiff in such a matter which can have such dire consequences to ones credit etc.

The system stinks.

Edited by 247orbital

Having a Default removed from your CR is slightly different to setting the record straight with regards any potential criminal activity associated with being linked to addresses where U know for sure U're not connected to 247orbital. ;)

:)

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

your information MilkTrayMan is about as much use as chocolate tea pot to be honest. I want guidance from members who have first hand experience with my type of problems, not links to the very companies who have abused my personal information.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it still possible to receive credit reports from the big three Equifax, Call Credit and Experian without having to use a bank card etc? I have a friend who needs his credit reports but does not have a bank card.

Address please of who to send the postal orders cheques to?

Thanks in advance.

Call Credit Ltd

One Park Lane

Leeds

West Yorks

LS3 1EP

Experian

Landmark House

Experian Way

NG2 Business Park

Nottingham

NG80 1ZZ

Equifax Credit File Advice Centre

PO Box 1140

Bradford

BD1 5US

If you want something done do it yourself! You'd think these addresses would be in a sticky somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I remove my permission for the three main credit reference agencies to proccess my data?

If it is possible do I have the option of re-instating it at my discretion?

I ask this as I do not feel the need for three seperate CRA's. I would prefer my information is held by one (of my choosing) or none at all.

NO In a word

Public data like CCJ's, Voters Roll they purchase etc.

But for data that deals with your loans, credit cards, mortgage, Hp etc etc is data actually owned by the lender who choose to pass it to whichever agency they like, this is built into the conditions of any agreement you sign. The CRA's then keep the data for a period which is no longer than neccasery i.e 6 years after you settle etc.

I hope this is helpful?

I have just phoned British Gas and challenged the call centre operative as why they are reporting to Experian about my account, he said that I gave them permission when I started using their service and that I had signed to agree. I told him I had not signed anything and should produce a contract with both parties signatures on it, to which he said you agreed verbally. I told him I had agreed to take a gas service which is not a credit account and therefore not regulated under the CCA 1974, I told him that this practise should cease forthwith. He didn't have a clue apart from parroting the standard stuff. He went away for an extended period and came back to say he will pass my query onto their data team who will contact me in due course. Watch this space!!

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I believe so :)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

• 4 weeks later...

Who's actual responsibility is it when it comes to listing my data on a credit file?

I was under the impression it was the CRA's duty to check information is correct before listing and such it is them who I contact should I have any reason to believe any information is wrong.

I have written to two CRA's and as yet have not even received a reply.

It is down to the creditor who you have your accounts with.

CRA's are supposed to ask the creditor to substantiate the data they provide but more often just take their word for it.

If you beleive it to be wrong you will have to contact the original creditor asking them to correct it.

Can be a long haul though so good luck.

IVA Entry Removed

Nationwide Default Removed

Nationwide Joint Account Default Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Blackhorse Car Finance Court Claim - Won

Who's actual responsibility is it when it comes to listing my data on a credit file? - the cra only lists what is provided by the creditor

I was under the impression it was the CRA's duty to check information is correct before listing and such it is them who I contact should I have any reason to believe any information is wrong. - it supposedly is but do they??? - and as they are funded by the creditors do they care

I have written to two CRA's and as yet have not even received a reply. - now ask for thier complaints procedure, but to be honest you are wasting time with these firms, they dont care and they dont give a damn

PGH

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Probably the best way but easier said than done.

Although if found to be incorrect the courts would order the removal of the incorrect data but as for compensation you would have to show what loss or damage you have incurred as a result of the data been on your file.

IVA Entry Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Looking through my Equifax credit report I have found two listings for one debt.

I have a default for a Natwest account from 2005 the debt becomes SB in August of this year (I have the statements to prove this). However the listing on my CR shows a default from Natwest and a default from Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd. The default dates are different by 4 months and the default balances are different.

It is 100% the same account as the start dates and current balances are identical. However the Natwest default dates is 4 months later than the Lowell date? Both listings drop of my credit file next year.

Any thoughts?

It looks like Lowell have added the default also when they have gained the account.

You need to find out if Natwest have legally sold them the debt this will determine who has the right to place the default.

Only one default per account is allowed but it depends who currently owns the debt as i said.

IVA Entry Removed

Natwest Default Removed