**TILLY'S LAPPY**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4899 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lappy has decided to die on me :-( :mad:soooo won't post what i called it :rolleyes:

get a thread posted here Technical Computer/IT/Console/SatNav Questions - The Consumer Forums and see what can be done about it... ya never know!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Lappy has decided to die on me :-( :mad:soooo won't post what i called it :rolleyes:

get a thread posted here Technical Computer/IT/Console/SatNav Questions - The Consumer Forums and see what can be done about it... ya never know!

Ta muchers:)

Think it is the power adapter or the internal power thingy :confused:

A-Z Index

HOW NOT TO CLAIM...Click here!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

Ta muchers:)

Think it is the power adapter or the internal power thingy :confused:

OK, the adapter or the socket that it plugs into.... See if you can borrow someone elses adapter (if you know someone with the same model) and that'll tell you if it's the adapter or the socket. If its the same with their adapter, it's the socket, if it works with their adapter, you need a new one for yourself

If it's the socket, it needs some soldering. Shouldn't be overly expensive.

If it's just the adapter, post the output wattage or volts and amps (will be written on the adapter) and the laptop make & model and I'll see what cheeper options there are to replace it.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

OK, the adapter or the socket that it plugs into.... See if you can borrow someone elses adapter (if you know someone with the same model) and that'll tell you if it's the adapter or the socket. If its the same with their adapter, it's the socket, if it works with their adapter, you need a new one for yourself

If it's the socket, it needs some soldering. Shouldn't be overly expensive.

Had one quote £110.00 :eek:

If it's just the adapter, post the output wattage or volts and amps (will be written on the adapter) and the laptop make & model and I'll see what cheeper options there are to replace it.

The make is a HP pavillion dv6000

adapter- volts- input 100-240 v - output 19v 19v

it says on the adapter replace with spare no - 432309-oc1- i think they are the numbers they are a bit worn. the number on the adapter itself again worn but look like - 710547601

Thankoo :)

A-Z Index

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

OK, if you need a replacement charger, the power that you need is 19 volts and 4.75 amps, which make it a 90 watt minimum (V x 4.75a = 90w so that is the minimum, you can go as high as you like!) and adapter size is 4.75mm x 1.75mm x 9.5mm so you can search google shopping or Ebay as you can get generic adapters a lot cheaper than the manufacturers branded ones.

If you need the charging socket replacing, phone around. Check your local phone book (or on line) for computer repairs. I'm sure you'll find it a lot cheaper than that!

It is a relatively new model... is it not under warranty?

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

OK, if you need a replacement charger, the power that you need is 19 volts and 4.75 amps, which make it a 90 watt minimum (V x 4.75a = 90w so that is the minimum, you can go as high as you like!) and adapter size is 4.75mm x 1.75mm x 9.5mm so you can search google shopping or Ebay as you can get generic adapters a lot cheaper than the manufacturers branded ones.

Theres loads :eek:

If you need the charging socket replacing, phone around. Check your local phone book (or on line) for computer repairs. I'm sure you'll find it a lot cheaper than that!

Oki doki will make that my mission for tomorrow :rolleyes::D

Now your asking :eek: lol

Not sure to be honest how long do they last :???:

Will set to tomorrow need to get it sorted, it has everything on there using desktop at mo and has nothing on it :mad:

Thanks Locutus :)

A-Z Index

Theres loads :shock: More choice for you to get a good price if you need it!

Oki doki will make that my mission for tomorrow :rolleyes::grin:

Now your asking :eek: lol

Not sure to be honest how long do they last :???: Different manufacturers give different lengths... typically 12 months or 24 months. Check their website.

Will set to tomorrow need to get it sorted, it has everything on there using desktop at mo and has nothing on it :mad:

Thanks Locutus :)

You're welcome :)

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Just found something that may help re:warranty length. It should have a sticker like this on it c00818926.jpg

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Just found something that may help re:warranty length. It should have a sticker like this on it c00818926.jpg

Found it :) but it's run out :( worth a try ta !!

A-Z Index

Any news?

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Any news?

Hiya

Yep it's not the power adapter , it is the socket i took into the liccle pooter shop and he tried a new adapter and was dead as a dodo :( have had a look on the web for

computer repairs and in the phonebook, sooo many and to honest my luck i would end sending it to a micky mouse dude :eek:

A-Z Index

would be carefull as well as some quote for a mainboard rather than a socket repair. if it is a socket....

email hp and ask if theres any service notifications on your model they extended some warrenties due to known issues, unaware if any on that model

• Haha 1

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

When I replace DC sockets, I usually charge around £45 inc the socket, so anything around that mark would be good.

Alternatively, there is a site, which im not sure if I can name here or not, which do all manner of laptop repairs, and from memory, their charge is £40.00, plus shipping / courier. If I am allowed to name them, then please let me know, if not, then pm me, and I will gladly give you the details. I have used them numerous times in the past, and have never let me down yet.

Hope this helps

take care for now

be safe

jgg :)

• Haha 1

Very nice lappy you have there matey.. you lucky beggar lol

Got ot be a good boy for a few more weeks yet:D

My lappy keeps doing the 'program not ended' bit on Explorer (which I took off as I use Firefox), anyone any idea how to clear this off properly, its otherwise okay (Advent 4412 but actually a Toshiba motherboard...)

Ctrl+Alt+Del.....Then start task manager. Click processes then look for Iexplorer, then click on it and then click end task. See if that helps. ( Do not click on explorer as that will make your desktop disappear). If IE is not fully uninstalled, then install and run Ccleaner, click on tools then click on Internet Explorer, then uninstall.

You shouldn't really have to uninstall it as it doesn't take up much space. But if it's causing troubles then get rid. I would however reinstall it (newest version) using Firefox. That way, if Firefox goes T**S UP then you have IE to fall back on to reinstall Firefox again.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Just thought I would let you know what Father Christmas is getting me Tilly.

(cos I's been a good boy):p.

:mad:

But will it last :rolleyes::p:D

Ooooh I hate spoilt kids :rolleyes::p

HP HDX18-1005ea 18.4in Notebook Review - Laptop Reviews - TrustedReviews

And a bottle of vodka as well:p

:grin::grin:

Psst Sod'EM I is having summfink better a new grandson/grandaughter :p:D:D they don't break down pmsl

+ a bottle of voddy or 2 :D

A-Z Index

:grin::grin:

I is having summfink better a new grandson/grandaughter they don't break down pmsl

No, true......But they will try and make you break down:p.

Good job you will have them 2 bottles of voddy:grin:

And what do you mean, me? spoilt?:confused:

386298_f260.jpg:grin:

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

No, true......But they will try and make you break down:p.

Nah can hand em back pmsl

Good job you will have them 2 bottles of voddy:grin:

:D

And what do you mean, me? spoilt?:confused:

386298_f260.jpg:grin:

:eek: put your face straight don't forget who is watching :rolleyes::p

coiiiiiiiiii Santa SOD'EM is being orrible lmfao :p

A-Z Index