**TILLY'S LAPPY**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4895 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Grand. Ok, your collection of logs (and thanks for your patience in providing all of these), plus this recent scan, confirms that your machine is clean of any serious nasties. It looks as though the few that were left lurking were caught and killed by Malwarebytes, and I see from your previous logs of installed programs that you use an excellent suite of protection programs, so good for you.

Obviously, it is never wasted time in scanning a system, but is good to know that these scans and logs show yours is in pretty good shape.

What does this mean for your logger.dll error? Well, it means it's almost certainly completely safe, and is related to a redundant program. This error can sometimes occur when two separate pieces of software contain a dll (which stands for Dynamic Link Library) with the same name; Windows tries to loadboth and you get a conflict which spawns an error.

Which brings us neatly to the problem of redundant programs. Looking at your logs, you've got quite a few programs loaded in which don't need to be there, etiehr because they're outdated or because they're very likely to be conflicting with programs you do want.

I'm afraid I'm in a bit of a rush currently as I have to dash out to meet a friend, but I'll post up fuller details tomorrow, I just wanted to make a post now to reassure you that your system is looking good, and that these various logs show no serious problems left lurking in it. We just need to take care of a little spring cleaning and we're done.

• Haha 1

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grand. Ok, your collection of logs (and thanks for your patience in providing all of these), plus this recent scan, confirms that your machine is clean of any serious nasties. It looks as though the few that were left lurking were caught and killed by Malwarebytes, and I see from your previous logs of installed programs that you use an excellent suite of protection programs, so good for you.

Obviously, it is never wasted time in scanning a system, but is good to know that these scans and logs show yours is in pretty good shape.

What does this mean for your logger.dll error? Well, it means it's almost certainly completely safe, and is related to a redundant program. This error can sometimes occur when two separate pieces of software contain a dll (which stands for Dynamic Link Library) with the same name; Windows tries to loadboth and you get a conflict which spawns an error.

Which brings us neatly to the problem of redundant programs. Looking at your logs, you've got quite a few programs loaded in which don't need to be there, etiehr because they're outdated or because they're very likely to be conflicting with programs you do want.

I'm afraid I'm in a bit of a rush currently as I have to dash out to meet a friend, but I'll post up fuller details tomorrow, I just wanted to make a post now to reassure you that your system is looking good, and that these various logs show no serious problems left lurking in it. We just need to take care of a little spring cleaning and we're done.

Think it is me that needs to thank you for your patience :)

Thank you for your time today Tez really appreciate it...good to know the lappy is pretty healthy and ive got something right :eek: lol

Enjoy the rest of your evening and will keep an eye out tomorrow.

A-Z Index

HOW NOT TO CLAIM...Click here!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

Hi Tilly. Ok, sorry for the delay. It would seem that my staff, conveniently on the day of the England match, have decided to pull sickies, so I've been juggling various IT jobs myself. Helpfully, most of the company are similarly unavailable, so it's been managable :rolleyes:

Ok, as I said yesterday, your logs are now looking clean which is great. The only other thing I noted from your logs is that you have a few programs either installed or running wihhc are not only redundant but may actually be paradoxically making you less secure by conflicting with the programs you do want. All we're going to do is switch those programs off.

There's no need to delete them (unless you really need the hard drive space), and it's always wiser to just disable things at first, just in case something unexpected happens and you need to switch them back on.

For the purposes of this post, I'm going to assume that I'm correct in thinking the Comodo system you have running is the full suite, that is to say that it is handling both your anti-virus and firewall needs.

Please click Start, then in the search box type msconfig. This allows you to tweak various aspects of Windows, including the basic programs that start up with the system.

Click on the Startup tab. Ok, I'm betting you have a nive long list here, and that it includes things like Skype, eHome, Live, Windows Defender, AdAware, BT Broadband, Adobe, etc.

The vast majority of these programs do not need to be here. All this list does is starts programs in the background of Windows. Each one of those programs slows down your login, and takes up some of your system resources.

To resolve this, you can toggle any program with the tick box. When you're done, click Apply then Close. You will be prompted for a restart, which you should do and the next time Windows starts, whatever you unticked will not boot up with it.

You've not uninstalled the program, and can still run it when you like; you've just stopped it from running in the background.

The advantage with these toggles is that you can't break anything. If you untoggle something and Windows stops working properly, just toggle it back on and reboot again.

I'll leave you to manage the list yourself, but I advise you untick at least the following, if they appear:

Skype (why have it start when you can run it when you need?)

Windows Live Messenger (as above)

AdAware

AdWatch

Anything with Adobe in the name (Reader, Quick Launch, etc.)

McAfee

Then reboot your laptop. You should find it loads and runs slightly faster now, and your list of running programs (shown by the icons in the bottom-right system tray) should be shorter.

You may also find that the logger.dll problem disappears, since I suspect it belongs to one of the above unnecessary programs. If it doesn't, let me know.

As a golden rule, the less items you have in the system tray, the less is running and so the faster things should be. You should always have at least your antivirus and firewall running, but almost everything else is optional.

I, for example, have only four icons; my antivirus, my firewall, my speaker settings and Spybot's Teatimer.

If you run into any difficulty, feel free to give us a shout here in the tech forum and somebody will be along to help you out.

Hi Tilly. Ok, sorry for the delay. It would seem that my staff, conveniently on the day of the England match, have decided to pull sickies, so I've been juggling various IT jobs myself. Helpfully, most of the company are similarly unavailable, so it's been managable :rolleyes:

Reckon they owe you big time :rolleyes:

Hiya Tez

Right i have done the msconfig and you where right there where loads to be

unticked :eek: have done a restart and now only have the four items in my

systems tray :)

Yes i am running the commodo full suite :) and wait for it......yeaaaaaa the

DLL thingy has gone :D

What is Spybots teatimer ? :confused:

Once again Tez thankyou soooooo much for all of your help :)

A-Z Index

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

It works so much easier when one is sober.:p

although you don't care that it's broken when you're drunk.... both have their merits!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

It works so much easier when one is sober.:p

Makes note to self....must try it sometime :p:D

although you don't care that it's broken when you're drunk.... both have their merits!

yep tis fun guessing which is the right key :p

Is that you or Tilly, sober ? now if's its Tilly, no I will not talk..:grin:

:eek:

Sheeesh that's right gang up on poor oh little me :rolleyes::p:D

A-Z Index

uRun: [skype] "c:\program files\skype\phone\Skype.e xe" /nosplash /minimized

uRun: [ehTray.exe] c:\windows\ehome\ehTray.e xe

uRun: [iSUSPM Startup] c:\progra~1\common~1\inst al~1\update~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup

uRun: [msnmsgr] "c:\program files\windows live\messenger\msnmsgr.ex e" /background

mRun: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide

mRun: [Ad-Watch] c:\program files\lavasoft\ad-aware\AAWTray.exe

mRun: [btbb_McciTrayApp] "c:\program files\bt broadband desktop help\btbb\BTHelpNotifier. exe"

mRun: [{0228e555-4f9c-4e35-a3ec-b109a192b4c2}] c:\program files\google\gmail notifier\gnotify.exe

mRun: [snp2uvc] c:\windows\vsnp2uvc.exe

Tut Tut. You should be ashamed of yourself.:p

Yes, thats what it says.

All about the doubles and the Dutch.:p

Tennis ..cheese..:confused::p

A-Z Index

What is Spybots teatimer ? :confused:

Teatimer is a component of the Spybot Search & Destroy anti-malware program that can be optionally installed when you first install the main program.

It's effectively a firewall for your registry. Whenever a program tries to make a change to the registry, Teatimer blocks it and flashes you a warning. You can then choose to allow the change or keep it blocked.

Tez one last question honest :oops:

When i get an email notifcation it comes up twice tis as though there is..say like the page im using now but theres another of the same running somewhere does that sense :confused: the same as when i start up it does it

A-Z Index

Ah right i think i have got that..well something keeps flashing up at me :eek:

No, you don't have it. I'm guessing whatever it is flashing up at you is probably part of Comodo Suite. What is it that flashes up, exactly?

Regarding your other query, I'm not absolutely sure I follow you. It would be helpful if you could replicate the problem, then when it happens press the PrtScn button (normally somewhere in the upper right of the keyboard).

This will copy whatever you are looking at to the clipboard. Then open up your paint program (just the basic Paint that comes with Windows will do from Start, All Programs, Accessories, Paint). Once in, click Edit and then the Paste option. Your screendump, which should include a snapshot of the problem you're talking about, will get copied to the program.

Now select File and Save As. Make sure it is saved as a bmp (which should be the default) and put it somewhere on your PC; desktop will do.

Finally, make another post, click the Manage Attachments button below the reply window, then attach the image you took.

That way we can see the problem you're talking about and deal with it.

No, you don't have it. I'm guessing whatever it is flashing up at you is probably part of Comodo Suite. What is it that flashes up, exactly?

Yes it is part of the Commodo Suite every now and then it flashes up asking me to ignore allow etc

Regarding your other query, I'm not absolutely sure I follow you. It would be helpful if you could replicate the problem, then when it happens press the PrtScn button (normally somewhere in the upper right of the keyboard).

Okay will try again wha iwas trying to explain was....if i get an email notifacation for example it will pop up twice and the same when on start

up.I get the windows sign in sound and loads page then repeats :confused:

This will copy whatever you are looking at to the clipboard. Then open up your paint program (just the basic Paint that comes with Windows will do from Start, All Programs, Accessories, Paint). Once in, click Edit and then the Paste option. Your screendump, which should include a snapshot of the problem you're talking about, will get copied to the program.

Now select File and Save As. Make sure it is saved as a bmp (which should be the default) and put it somewhere on your PC; desktop will do.

Finally, make another post, click the Manage Attachments button below the reply window, then attach the image you took.

That way we can see the problem you're talking about and deal with it.

I did try it earlier but nothing happend will have another go later on a different lappy at the mo.

A-Z Index

Okay will try again wha iwas trying to explain was....if i get an email notifacation for example it will pop up twice and the same when on start

up.I get the windows sign in sound and loads page then repeats :confused:

Sorry, I'm just not getting what you're trying to explain (possibly because I'm horribly hungover; Tuaca and school nights are not a clever idea, folks!). When you get an email notification most programs (Thunderbird, Outlook, etc.) give you a small popup in the bottom right of the screen to let you know you've got an email. This popup then disappears after a few seconds.

You're saying when you get an email in, this popup occurs twice for you? In succession? At the same time?

And I don't see why you'd get this when you first log in, or what you mean by "loads page and repeats".

The only thing I can assume is that something is starting with Windows - quite possibly legitimately - that is giving the impression of a double-sign in or notification? :confused:

Edited by Tezcatlipoca
  • Haha 1

Sorry Tez im good at getting people confused including myself :rolleyes:

The only thing I can assume is that something is starting with Windows - quite possibly legitimately - that is giving the impression of a double-sign in or notification?

Thats what i was trying to say lol

A-Z Index

When this is happening, press the "PrtScn" button, then open paint, press CTRL + V and you'll then have a picture. Save it as a .jpg file and upload it to ImageShack® - Online Media Hosting then post the forum link so we can see what is happening :)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

That is as non-techy as I can get to see what you are seeing, sorry :p

(you'll manage it... pretty straight forward)

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

It don't wanna play :( ive tried it 4 times...the only way i can explain it is.... it is as

though everything is or has loaded twice:confused:

A-Z Index

• 5 months later...

Ok lappy not been well since friday :violin:got message windows shut down unexpectedly launch

start up repair..done that then get a message windows was unable to repair.On start up it keep getting

windows error recovery start windows normaly which i do but then zilch blank screen tried booting

in safe mode doesn't want to know any ideas guys ?

A-Z Index

Tilly, thought you were a 'spammer' there bumping an old thread :lol:

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert