Ebuyer cancelled my order...

NapalmNZ
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone tell me whether Ebuyer can do this to me???

I had pre-ordered a copy of Windows 7 from Ebuyer way back in July. A few weeks back I moved flat and so needed to change the delivery address. It was my first order so when I ordered it had to be delivered to my billing address.

After I moved I updated my credit cards address to my new flat. I went to change the details on Ebuyers site, and found the only way to change the delivery address was to order something to get around the first delivery which I did. I then changed the delivery address for Windows 7, but found no matter what I did their system would not allow me to change the billing address, including updating the payment method which never asked for a new address.

Now it was supposed to have shipped they have simply cancelled the order saying their credit card processor has informed them the billing address didn't match the one in their system! I had been in contact with them about this problem and they have just gone and cancelled it which I explicitly told them I didn't want done since it will cost me around £80 more now to re-order!

Any advice?

Thanks.

This is standard practice with most websites that deal in goods like these. It's a precaution against fraud, for your first delivery they will deliver only to the card holders address. Once orders are entered into their system the details are locked in to prevent someone entering the card holders address to setup the order, then going back in and changing it.

Once the card company gets back to them and tells them the address doesn't match, reguardless of reason they have to assume fraud and cancel the order.

Theirfor your only option would be to enter the order again.

If your a student and have a student email address you can get either windows 7 home premum or professional for a measly £30 from microsoft's student offer website, I don't think I'm allowed to post a link to it up here but a quick google search should get you there.

this happened to my boyfriend when he tried to get some pc related thing from ebuyer, he was annoyed at first but it was just to guard against fraud as his card address + billing address weren't matching. He reordered on the tuesdau and the pc was at his flat on wed - pretty good me thinks!

Yeah, but what annoys me is that their system would quite happily allow me to change the card/payment method, but didn't ask for the billing address to go with it. And once I had done the smaller first order item which allowed me to change the delivery address, I could then swap billing addresses quite happily, it just wouldn't update the backorder :/

All they had to do was change the item to a new order and allow me to re-enter my payment details and it would have been fine :(