omollmeg v Barclays - **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1900 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I don't believe it(thinking I sound a bit like Victor Meldrew :-)

I have just incurred another now £30.00 fine. Completely my fault forgot to do online banking.

Can I add this charge onto the ones I am already claiming or do I have to start from scratch??????

I did try calling them but said they would not refund it! ;-(

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Up until today I haven't accepted the money offer yet as been a bit of a chicken and wanted to see how others got on.

Just written this letter and wanted to know if it sounded ok

Thank-you all.

Lisa Brown

Freepost RLTA-CSUE-TCHC

Head Office Customer Relations

London

E14 5HP

Dear Lisa Brown,

Ref : **********

In response to your letter offering £1000 as a goodwill gesture - your offer is accepted only as partial repayment of the outstanding balance and i do not recognise it as full and final settlement of my complaint with Barclays Bank PLC

If you do not refund the outstanding amount, legislative action will follow within 7 days.

Yours faithfully,

Ok my goodness!!!!!!!!

Ok & thx

MODERATED threads joined .please keep to your original thread when updating this is for your benefit and the benefit of everyone who is following your claim

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Yesterday(my post comes very late!!) I received the following from the beautiful Barclays...

Thank-you ..blah.blah..

I am sorry you remain unhappy with our response to your complaint and note that whilst you are accepting the amount offered, that is £****, you be seeking the remaining balance in the County Court.

I would like to take this opportunity to clarify the amount offered was in full and final settlement of your claim. I am therefore unwilling to adhere to your request to re-imburse you with the amount offered, and it is with regret that you will now be proceeding to the Count Court for the full amount.

I appreciate this is not the response you have been hoping for, but I trust I have clarified the Bank's position.

Yours Sincerely

Joanna Carney

Customer relations Manager

Any thoughts??

I will file claim on 20th as have to wait until pay day.

Has anyone had any success with these guys yet??

Seems strange that they are willing to take this further as it is going to cost them more...Unless they know something we don't.

Thanks

They do not know something we don't.

It's an intimidation tactic. They think they're big and clever - show them the error of their ways.

That's what I would do.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I know it has been a while but with moneyclaim being £120 have not been able to do it until now.

So just to keep you updated I have just filed my claim against Barclays so I will keep you up to date on any progress.

Good luck to all.

Just to keep you updated my claim was issued on 23rd June

So they have until the 12th July to respond....

Wll let you know what happens...

Have there been any other successful cases yet???

• 2 weeks later...

iv recived a letter from Barclays offering me a £1000 pound out of good will but they havent sent me my charges for the last six years i am not going to except this offer but what is the next step to take so i can recieve my bank charges for the last 6 years

i look forward to your reply

thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Any advice welcome...Their time is up the post arrived today and there was not anything from Barclays not even a court date or quetionnaire..

I will log in later and go through the faq's etc to find out my next course of action.

Thanks

Do you think I shoul e-mail Keith Jeremiah ?? before I go any further???

Thx all

Hi again...

I just went to the moneyclaim site to file a judgement but this is what it said

The following information relates to your claim:

Claim Description

Claim Number

Status of this Claim

Money Owed from Barclays

++++++++

Defence

You are unable to take any further action online on this claim.

The Defendant disputes the whole amount you have claimed. Your claim cannot proceed online and will be transferred to the appropriate court for continuation. You will receive confirmation to where the claim has been transferred to shortly.

For further information, please visit the Tutorial for Money Claim Online or contact the Customer Help Desk.

Do I now just have to sit and wait again for a court date,?sorry I have never got this far before or should I perhaps try e-mailing Keith Jeremiah and does anyone have his address.

Many thanks

omollmeg

You couldn't enter for a judgement because Barclays filed their defence within the 28 days allowed by the Courts. If you had been lucky enough for them to have failed to submit their defence in time, you could have filed for judgement by 'Default'.

If you had got a 'Default' judgement, then I think the court would order Barclays to pay up within a month. As it is now they have submitted a defence, you have to wait for the Court to send you a Allocation Questionnaire (AQ). You return the AQ plus a fee if your claim is over £1500 and wait for the Court to set a date. This just drags out the proceedings - just what Barclays want, unfortunately.

Cheers

Spotty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Statement request 4th May

Prelim Letter sent 24th May

LBA 7th June

Thanks but no thanks letter sent 22 June

MCOL 22nd June

Claim acknowledged 26 June

AQ sent 2nd August

17 Nov Court Date Set for 29 Jan 2007

Settled in full 12/12/06

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1900 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks