Lowell Portfolio Help required Please

MICKYBOY123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4953 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all This is my first post on this Forum

Having read a lot of threads on this site in the last few days (im sure this is the place for my needs)

Ok

I received letter from Lowell Portfolio I (07/10/09 )

Stating that they had bought my shop Direct account ref:xxxxxxxxx on the 30/09/09, and that they are now the authorised collection agents for the recovery of the outstanding ballance (£359.89).

As far I can recollect I had cleared my ballance with Littlewoods Shop Direct.

I tried to query this with Littlewoods Shop Direct, but they refused to even discus the issue saying it was now in the hands of Lowells.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated

Micky

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Cool, we get another chance to nail the Leeds Losers :D

Bookmark this page :

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

You will need some more of these letters but for now, Letter 18 is the one to start with.

They have to prove the debt exists, not the other way round.

Do not sign anything,just print your name.

Send all letters by recorded delivery

and don't speak to the muppets on the phone

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

No, just the prove it letter first.

You say that you cleared the balance. Let the Lowlifes prove otherwise and not just a statement from them that you owe it (which is what they are more than likely to do)

If they manage to do that simple thing then we go for the CCA but as most of us on the forum know, Lowell portfolio AKA Red Debt AKA Hamptons (IL) legal, simple doesn't seem to figure in their conciousness.

By the way, I don't like them just in case you weren't sure :D

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Bump

Really worried

Hi Mickyboy

First off don't worry, you are in the right place to get help & advise:D

I think this would be better placed in the Debt collections part of the site.

If you look at your post you will see a yellow flag / triangle, click on it & it will alert a mod, if they think it should be moved, they can.

The first thing you should do is send Low-lifes a " prove it letter", from now on you admit nothing, they have to prove you owe the money they claim.

If they have bought your alleged debt then lets see some proof.

Next, send them a CCA [ consumer credit agreement] request, they have 12+2 days to provide you with a TRUE copy of your CCA, if after that time they have provided you with nothing then the account is in dispute.

You could also subject access the original creditor [ Littlewoods shop direct] they have to supply you with all accounts & correspondence in relation to your account but this will cost you £10.

You will find templates for all these letters on the site, sorry i cant add the link but someone should be along who can.

Main thing is stop worrying.

Miiddxx

Another query guys before i post it

There are 2 addresses on the letter from Lowells. WHICH SHOULD I USE

1) LOWELL FINANTIAL LTD

Lowell Portfolio I

PO Box 172

Leeds

LS11 9WS

2) LOWELL PORTFOLIO I

Enterprise House

1 Apex View

LEEDS

LS11 9BH

on the letter it says use first one. But can you send recorded mail to a PO box?

Edited by MICKYBOY123

Hi

Update

Posted prove it letter (no 18 ) to Lowells yesterday(recorded delivery) they received it this morning.

Today received letter from Lowells asking me to contact them to pay an installment. Otherwise i will have to pay the full £350.89 at once.

Should I ignore this letter?

Should I send them a CCA letter?

Any advice appreciated

Micky

Edited by MICKYBOY123

Hi

Update

Posted prove it letter (no 18 ) to Lowells yesterday(recorded delivery) they received it this morning.

Today received letter from Lowells asking me to contact them to pay an installment. Otherwise i will have to pay the full £350.89 at once.

Should I ignore this letter?

Should I send them a CCA letter?

Any advice appreciated

Micky

You've already asked they to prove it so it's up to them to provide the info. Ignore any other communications from them until they provide actual proof. Don't speak to them on the phone either! If they phone, just tell them to put everything in writing then put the phone down.

ignore todays letter standard template from lowell.

its crossed in the post with your prove it letter.

they have received that now,see what they come back with if anything.they do tend to ignore and continue sending begging letters.

then it's time to send cca.

SAM

hi micky, i have had dealings with lowlifes portfolio which i have just won the battle with them.

i will explain how i did it.

1. make sure you send all letters by signed-for postage.

2. always start any letters by I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT WHATSOEVER TO YOUR COMPANY.

3. send cca request with the £1 postal order(write on the p/o its the standard fee for your cca request)so they dont put it on your account as a payment.

4. make sure you add the rule for not adding anymore information to the credit reference agencies while the account is in dispute,(have you checked your credit file online yet?).

you will probly get more letters threatning court action and fees and interest letters(they are not allowed to send you these when the account is in dispute 12+2 working days after your cca request).

i know you say as far as i can recollect paying the balance(when did you start littlewoods ,and when did you pay it up?).is it more than 6yrs ago ?.

anyway i had 2 letters off them demanding payment while in dispute which i pointed that out to them and they had updated my credit file aswell,they couldn't provide me with a cca or a default notice,so i gave them 7working days to produce them or i would goto my local county court and start legal procedings,i got a letter afew days later saying "there wasn't or couldn't produce a cca" and the case is now closed, but if in the future they get a cca they will be in touch".meanwhile EXPERIAN gave them 21 days to confirm lowlifes have no cca so they can remove lowlifes default notice from my credit file.

so to sum up your situation ,dont worry about the leeds losers until they produce hard evidence(and then check it carefully becouse they produce their own so called documents), and if you are sure you paid littlewoods then take the lowlifes to court,i would definatley pay £10 for a SAR to littlewoods(it may be worth every penny of £10).

• 2 weeks later...