Quickquid

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with mr.ton :)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

I think I will send bemused letter and email the CEO Of Mackenzie Hall and see what happens. I am ill and I dont think this would go down well with the relevant authorities.

I will do that thanks.

Do I write to MH asking for CCA (New one)? Enclosing the £1.

Bub1

Forgot to mention they say that CCA is the agreement I signed on line with QQ

If the agreement with QQ was within the last few years then MH are actually correct. Agreements completed online are valid and enforceable

What I meant was with Machall being like they are with me.

So where do I stand with regards to CCA then, they also said that if it goes to court the court would set a payment amount.. I dont think they realise that if it goes down this route then the court will set what I can pay as they will see what I have coming in and before they get a CCJ they have to notify me so that I can fill in the nec paperwork and if they sent me a ccj without notifying me I would contact the court they suposidly got it with.

But what I want to know is what will happen now?

Bub1

Had email from QQ saying that they are sending the CCA request through. I know that it was requested back in July 2009 where do I stand with this as they have only just sent it. I am not really disputing the fact that I owe it just wanted the CCA in writing.

Can someone please advise?

Bub1

Hi Bub

As the agreement is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act they are obliged to let you have a copy of the executed agreement. After the 12 +2 days they are in breach and you are not obliged to pay until they have done it.

Of course that assumes the agreement is enforceable. From what I have gleaned any loans post April 2007 can be enforced by the courts even if lacking the required prescribed terms. With agreements before this date the courts hands are tied and can not enforce them.

Wait and see what they send you.

Edited by robjam1969

• 2 weeks later...

also take note of the agreed amout to be credited and repayed in the CCA when you recieve it as in alot of cases it can be different to what is actually recieved in credit, and i believe that will make the CCA unenforceable but dont qoute me on that.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

same old usual tactic from them. they wil constantly email or leave electronic voice messages on your landline asking you to call them (mckenzie hall) and qoute the reference number. I bet that they have not once responded to any of your emails as that seems to be a habit of theirs too.

QQ are now in dafault so mckenzie hall shouldnt even be pursuing you it is unlawful to do so.

so send QQ account in default letter, and forward a copy to mckenzie hall.

Edited by teaboy2

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

my situation is quite confusing to me.i asked mackenzie to provide me a CCA. I havent receive any for allotted time they supposed to send me. and when i receive a letter from them about final notice to pay, i made a phone call to them.they said they have emailed the CCA.I only want it for writing but i don't dispute the debt.they won't make any amicable settlement as they said i already asked for CCA.if i won't pay within 7 days,they will proceed to legal action.i don't want this to happen.will they reaaly pursue for this?any advise please:(

Hi Honey, Just wait and see what happens. They will keep phoning you and emailing you to ask you to phone them dont ask them to put it all in writing.

I have asked QQ for my CCA and it still hasnt been received. I asked for it way back. Machall still chasing. If they pursue with action and susposidly go to court with it and I get court papers the first thing I will do is telephone the court on the paper to make sure it is legal, sometimes these companies has been known to send out fake papers.

Bub1

they emailed the CCA bub to my other email account which i dont used much.I only checked it today.shall i continue making payments to mckenzie to which i can afford?they won't really accept any offer at this point.I'll just wait and see then what happens.I hope they won't take me to court,,,it really make me worry now.

Have you been paying Mac hall anything?

Dont worry. From what I gather if it does go to court the court will look at what you have coming in and what you have going out, so will base payments on what you can afford when the essential bills have been taken out.

MacHall wont accept any offer you make, they try and scare you into paying. These people are known to be bullies. Do not talk to them over the phone in writing only! They wont take any notice but dont talk to them.

Bub1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

More texts and emails from Mac Hall.

This time stating they do not believe I am on benefits etc., and want me to send proof that I am. Cheek of it.

They also want income and expenditure form.

I have reported these people to my local mp.

What do you think guys send or not send?

Or just pay what I can?

bub1

You are under no obligation to send these people anything. They have no Legal Right to demand you send them proof of benefits or an Income and expenditure form. Only a court can order that. Make them an offer of £5 per month and if they dont like it let them take you to court where when you show your outgoings you are unlikely to be made pay any mor and perhaps a lot less

• Haha 1

Thank you for your reply ODC. They probably wouldnt even take any notice if it was sent to them anyway.

I have said to them before in an email, take me to court and the judge will see what I have coming in and going out their reply was the judge will set what we ask and we dont have to notify you if we go to court. Now if I am right you get papers from a court before a CCJ is granted to see if you agree with it and what ask what you can pay am I right?

How many times has MC taken anyone to court?

Bub1

What you got was typical BULLSHOT from Muck Hall. If they were to take you to court you would receive notification beforehand and you would be able to show a judge how much or how little you could afford. If you had made MH an offer and they took you to court and you could prove that was all you could afford then they would lokk very stupid and be shown up for the greedy moneygrabbing leeches that they are