Hubby suspended for theft..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yes, but it would only go against them as it proves that somebody working for the company has deliberately gone looking for 'dirt' on my husband - and also shows how many people all know that they are in the wrong. What on earth do they expect bringing the CAG threads into this matter is going to do?

They will accuse you of: Breaching confidentiality and bringing into disrepute the whole integrity of the investigation.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They will accuse you of: Breaching confidentiality and bringing into disrepute the whole integrity of the investigation.

Ha, the integrity of the investigation brought itself into disrepute!!

No company names or employee names have been mentioned.

If I have been helpful in any way, please tip my scales :lol:

Ha, the integrity of the investigation brought itself into disrepute!!

No company names or employee names have been mentioned.

Best of luck but i think you are flogging a dead horse.

When forces move against a worker they move in the employers favour no matter what.

HR stands for human remains ask any aggrieved employee as their task

is to protect the company and not the employee.

Like i said best of luck and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

If you think this is bad wait till it reaches an employment tribunal,they will publicly[in the local press]assasinate [hope i have spelt it right]his character to the point he is permanently damaged,

not to mention the rest of the family.

Breach of confidentiality? Oh no, what are they going to do about that? Fire him? Oh, hang on, they've already done that!!! :razz:

OP is entitled to seek legal advice from anyone they wish, including the CAB or a consumer forum if they so wish.

What they are doing now is doing what they did all along: try to intimidate him, it's nothing than more bullying and if anyone is bringing the company into disrepute, it is themselves. How is that going to help at ET? Not one bit.

Since we now know for sure they are watching, here's a message from me, one of the longest serving members of CAG, with more court cases and tribunals under my belt than a lot of people will see in their lifetimes:

You don't have a chance to get away with this, you acted unlawfully, against your own procedures, and your choices now are these: Reinstate the ex-employee, offer a full apology and hope he accepts it (*I* wouldn't) or expect to get your collective backside thrashed at employment tribunal. Or pay him a large amount of compensation now in exchange for him not to drag you to ET. And remember that if you want him to keep quiet about it, confidentiality carries a HEFTY price tag, so make that offer very high. ;-)

See? I am giving you this advice for free when your company solicitors will charge hundreds to tell you the same (in a less blunt manner, granted. :-D).

DBC, if I were you, I'd feel VERY encouraged by this. In my experience, when companies resorted to copying threads to tell on the OP, it's always been when they were desperately clutching at straws. In my experience, it has NEVER served any purpose whatsoever or impressed any judge. :-D

If you think this is bad wait till it reaches an employment tribunal,they will publicly[in the local press]assasinate [hope i have spelt it right]his character to the point he is permanently damaged,

Excuse me? Are you working for the company or something?

Madari, I am sorry to see you say this, and it seems obvious you must have had a really bad experience if that is the way you feel.

I can honestly say that in both my personal experience (I represented my husband at an ET a few years back) and from assisting other people, this is far from the reality for most people, thankfully. :-)

Breach of confidentiality? Oh no, what are they going to do about that? Fire him? Oh, hang on, they've already done that!!! :razz:

OP is entitled to seek legal advice from anyone they wish, including the CAB or a consumer forum if they so wish.

What they are doing now is doing what they did all along: try to intimidate him, it's nothing than more bullying and if anyone is bringing the company into disrepute, it is themselves. How is that going to help at ET? Not one bit.

Since we now know for sure they are watching, here's a message from me, one of the longest serving members of CAG, with more court cases and tribunals under my belt than a lot of people will see in their lifetimes:

You don't have a chance to get away with this, you acted unlawfully, against your own procedures, and your choices now are these: Reinstate the ex-employee, offer a full apology and hope he accepts it (*I* wouldn't) or expect to get your collective backside thrashed at employment tribunal. Or pay him a large amount of compensation now in exchange for him not to drag you to ET. And remember that if you want him to keep quiet about it, confidentiality carries a HEFTY price tag, so make that offer very high. ;-)

See? I am giving you this advice for free when your company solicitors will charge hundreds to tell you the same (in a less blunt manner, granted. :-D).

DBC, if I were you, I'd feel VERY encouraged by this. In my experience, when companies resorted to copying threads to tell on the OP, it's always been when they were desperately clutching at straws. In my experience, it has NEVER served any purpose whatsoever or impressed any judge. :-D

Hehe, damn right bookie - and thanks for positive imput :) Today we spoke with a family friend who is a retired solicitor and told him great detail all about this whole thing, he just laughed and said they haven't got a shred of hope as the way my husband has been treated is horrendous.

Edited by deathbycrayons
I hadn't finished typing, lol..

Excuse me? Are you working for the company or something?

I am sorry if my comments come accross harsh, but i make my comments from personal experiance from having been on both sides of the fence and having worked in the retail industry for 30 years[Tesco/Sainsburys and Morrisons]

I am totally on your side and i have no time for solicitors and barristers who make a living out of other peoples miseries....i fully sympathise with your predicament.

Remember i have been there including employment tribunals

Madari, I am sorry to see you say this, and it seems obvious you must have had a really bad experience if that is the way you feel.

I can honestly say that in both my personal experience (I represented my husband at an ET a few years back) and from assisting other people, this is far from the reality for most people, thankfully. :-)

You wouldnt believe the experiances i have had and would love to correspond with you privately regarding my experiance one day.

Madari, would you please explain your reasoning behind this statement -

"If you think this is bad wait till it reaches an employment tribunal,they will publicly[in the local press]assasinate [hope i have spelt it right]his character to the point he is permanently damaged,

not to mention the rest of the family."

Specifically the part highlighted in red.

In answer to your question,

[1] Going to an ET has a knock on effect on the rest of the family especially if the case is made high profile in the local press.

[2] the stress of your predicament is sufferred by the rest of the family which leaves a lasting detrimental effect on everyones health.

[3]you may also be stigmatised as regards any future employment [if you lose your claim] which also has a damaging effect on the rest of the family for a long time.

I just want you to consider the above points as it is very easy to get your thoughts clouded by wanting to get one over `THEM` at this difficult period.

best of luck....

Sorry Madari, I don't enter into private correspondence with anyone on here. No reflection on yourself, it's simply that I believe in everything out in the open protects both parties, that's all. :-)

I fully understand...no worries.

In answer to your question,

[1] Going to an ET has a knock on effect on the rest of the family especially if the case is made high profile in the local press.

[2] the stress of your predicament is sufferred by the rest of the family which leaves a lasting detrimental effect on everyones health.

[3]you may also be stigmatised as regards any future employment [if you lose your claim] which also has a damaging effect on the rest of the family for a long time.

I just want you to consider the above points as it is very easy to get your thoughts clouded by wanting to get one over `THEM` at this difficult period.

best of luck....

Right it's just that the way you said it sounded somewhat threatening, and did you say you worked for the supermarket?

I really don't think we need to worry ;)

Edited by ErikaPNP
pm sent to member

Right it's just that the way you said it sounded somewhat threatening, and did you say you worked for the supermarket?

I really don't think we need to worry ;)

its just the way i write,[sorry], and yes i worked for the supermarket thats what prompted me to follow your blogs.

The employment law and the supermarket's procedures have changed dramatically since i last worked for them.

In my time you would get a slapped wrist and told not to do it again but unfortunately the culture has changed where peoples own careers and personal agendas come first and thats why i will never work in retail again.

Edited by ErikaPNP
company name removed

What, if indeed anything, is hoped to be acheived on their part by the printing of this thread? An individual is entitled to seek advice and assistance from any source of their choosing. The company have not been named by you, and furthermore......your husband hasn't partaken in this discussion. You have. You have sought assistance in letter writing for your husband, and you have sought general advice in regard to the situation as a third party.

Aside from the small matter of no apparent wrong doing here, your husband cannot be held accountable for the actions of another individual.

If anything I would have thought that their printing of this thread and the subsequent posting of it to your husband, only serves to demonstrate further attempts of imtimidation on their part.

Let's break it down:

• Your husband was bullied by his manager, and raised a grievance in regard to this.
  • Your husband was subsequently suspended on suspicion of theft of a packet of sweets (sweets, for the love of god!)
  • Your husband attended a meeting in regard to this which was badly arranged, as it was originally a meeting arranged on that day for another purpose
  • The minutes typed from aforementioned meeting are completely unprofessional as pointed out by several different people
  • Just about every person who has followed this story, including people with no axe to grind, and including people who are experienced in employment/tribunal procedures have had to use all the restraint they have to keep from falling over themselves laughing at the absurdity of the whole situation. Your own solicitor did actually laugh.

So I guess the only question left to ask you is this; what on earth are you worrying about?

It has to be said that unless there's something major that you haven't told us about, I think you're worrying uneccesserily. I'd also like to add that Bookie is made of stern stuff when it comes to things like this - she'd have told you straight if she felt you had anything to be concerned about - she knows her stuff on this, as does mariefab.

You know that old saying? Give someone enough rope..........

I say leave them to it, and let your husband continue with his intended course of action.

• Haha 1

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Erika, well said, you're a true star!! The only thing I was initially concerned about is the small mention about the very small possibility of our daughter taking the sweets and us not realising untill this whole thing blew up. But we quashed that theory a while back..

The letter was addressed to hubby. The letter said something along the lines of the date of his appeal and the greivance date too which will be taking place on the same day, the name of the person conducting the hearing and times etc. The last sentence of the letter read:

"please also see enclosed documents which will be referred to at your appeal".

There are photocopies of every page from 3 seperate threads; This thread, the one about the greivance, and one that I posted several months ago about another disciplinary he had for lateness. There were literally about 200 pages printed out.