Pets Corner

Spamalot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5324 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HF - their funny characteristics are what enhance our lives, but of course they know that, and make the most of it! :D

I'm seriously thinking of getting another puddy, the house is just too quiet since I lost Domino

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:) ooo I hope you do Ell-enn, there are so many poor puds out there looking for good homes. You can never replace an animal you have lost but you can do it the honour of missing it so much that another animal is needed to help mend your heart. All animals are different and you would love the new puds as well. I know it seems hard but trust me it does work. Homes arent complete without animals in my opinion Edited by hilaryfrances

Hilary,

Never a truer word, my home would be empty with my Ella besides me I got here as a pup from a border collie breeder in the new forest as yes it was the best £250 I have spent in my life.

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

We were lucky enough to know a farmer whose working dogs had an 'accidental litter' and he offered us a female. She was house trained within 6 weeks, and is great with children.

Daft as a brush and wont go to sleep unless she has had her bedtime cuddles from us. Mind you, the OH talks to her before he talks to me when he comes home!

Daft as a brush and wont go to sleep unless she has had her bedtime cuddles from us. Mind you, the OH talks to her before he talks to me when he comes home!

Hehe I know another dog like that her names Ella and yes I must admit my dogs attention first before my wife and its only because the wife understands and Ella don't that's my excuse anyway :D

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hi peeps. Over the years we've had 4 pet rats, lovely little things and very tame.

We now have 2 cats that we got from the RSPCA after our last one had to put down after an RTA. One is a beautiful sleek black bombay (Bruno) that had been born there some 2 years before and had been in boarding all that time. The other is a Norwegian Forest cat (Bilbo) with a giant fluffy tail and strange tufty ears. He was 6 months old and had been found in a phone box when he was a kitten.

Bruno loves water and spends hours sitting by the kitchen sink and making the tap drip. At night he jumps on the bed and tries to play with your feet, that when he's not trying to head butt you on the nose to make you fuss him. I've had to give up on house plants because he sits on them, chews them or digs out all the soil. He's not like a normal cat, he can't meow..he just gives funny little squeaks which are adorable.

Bilbi is more laid back and is a Daddys' boy. The 2 cats get on really well together and chase each other through the house. They are like the Kray twins when they get together and plot the best way to sneak food between them. One will distract us while the other goes in for the swipe and then they share their ill gotten gains.

Now we also have a Jack Russell/Yorkie cross called Bailey. He's my daughter puppy and is just 4 months old and right little terror. He has a liking for any underwear he can get his teeth on ..chews it and then hides the evidence. He also sits on your shoulder like a parrot which makes eating interesting. I had a burger the other day and I only took one bite but strangely enough it had 2 bite marks, one considerably smaller than the other!

Oldiies CAGgers will already have met Shadow Booky, dog with quirky personnality:

P1613_25-05-09.jpg

We got him as companion for autistic child and were so lucky, he has a wonderful personality, always ready to play if people want to play or sleep if we want him to be quiet. Ok, so I reckon that he has autistic traits himself, but we're used to that in the household anyway, lol.

We have a jack Russel..Dave. He forgot to stop growing, lol he is huge. Almost 20 inches!! A beautiful girlie westie, Tess. A rat (my baby) George. And fish.....

And every one is wanting another dog. A Chinese crested one is at the top of the list!!! :eek: Or a Yorkie.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

The other is a Norwegian Forest cat (Bilbo) with a giant fluffy tail and strange tufty ears. He was 6 months old and had been found in a phone box when he was a kitten.

I have 3 Norwegians and 2 mogs. Ben is the male Norwegian and is a real star. He will only drink from the taps and when thirsty sits in the bath meowing until I turn the tap on.

He is a total angel with my new 5 month old rescue mog, Daisy. He doesn't get any peace with her but is so patient and gentle. Yet if he gets out (they're housecats) its like he's a totally different cat, the first thing he does is go into next door's catflap and look for her ginger tom so he can attack it. It used to sit outside their outdoor pen when Ben was a kitten winding them up and I think this is Ben's revenge.

I fell in love with Norwegians at a cat show and was lucky enough to get talking to a breeder who let me have the 2 girls for the cost of their spaying/jabs because she wanted them to stay together as they were timid (they're not now!). And when I then wanted a male she let me have Ben for the same price as he was 6 months old and she'd been let down by a buyer. They're all 7 now and are brilliant cats. They're very friendly with Daisy and Felix, my 14 year old grumpy mog. They all get on well together, although Daisy does have the sense not to push the girls as much as she does Ben!

Here beautiful Photo I think butter could melt lol

ella006.jpg

PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

She is 3 year old there and just returned from doggy parlor as you can see.

She is a poser look at me lol

PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

She does look gorgeous - aren't they supposed to be one of the clevest breeds? Got a friend who is a trainer (for Guide Dogs) and she really rates them - and obviously labradors! And says Boxers are the most stupid? (but the funniest).

Its taking ages to load though PF.

Yes she is very clever and can rap me round her little paw lol i had her from 6 weeks old and had her house trained by 12 weeks she can even say yes please and thank you in her own way.

Yes sorry about that it is a high pixel image

PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

That is one Beautiful pooch PF.. and one of my favourite breeds.. Sadly my youngest Daughter is allergic to animal fur and is asthmatic.. otherwise I'm sure we would have adopted another dog by now.. :)

Luckily the cats live mainly outdoors and are happy out there so we can contain the fur issue :cool:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

Spamalot,

Thank You yes she is a corker and I love her to bits, she is so so loyal to me its just so unreal at times when i had my heart angioplasty in march of this year she was so sad that i was not there for a week.

But oh so excited when i came home and would not leave my side.

I really do believe im the lucky one not her lol

PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Got a friend who is a trainer (for Guide Dogs) and she really rates them - and obviously labradors! And says Boxers are the most stupid? (but the funniest).

My daughters BF has a boxer and he is indeed stupid (the dog not the BF!) His brother also has several of them and they have to be taught to cock their legs up and stopped from running into things and knocking themselves out.

They are cute and loyal but not the smartest of breeds :)

That is one Beautiful pooch PF.. and one of my favourite breeds.. Sadly my youngest Daughter is allergic to animal fur and is asthmatic.. otherwise I'm sure we would have adopted another dog by now.. :)

Luckily the cats live mainly outdoors and are happy out there so we can contain the fur issue :cool:

You ever thaught of a poodle / poodle cross (as they don't shed their hair)? My favoraite is a labradoodle (originally bred as seeing eye dogs for blind people with alergies).

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

My baby was such a character. He passed away just over a year ago aged 14. He was so cute, and had his own little crazy ways. He never learned to play fetch. Or rather, he refused. He preferred to be chased. He liked you to throw a ball or stick for him, but then it was up to you to try and get it back. He was a bugger for doing it in the house too with things he wasn't supposed to. When people were tired and wanted a little break from playing he's go and steal something that he knew he wasn't supposed to have. He knew what would wind each person up. With my Dad (when we still lived at home, I got him as a teenager) it was his keys, my mum it was her slipper or her gloves, with me at the time it was keys or bobbles. He would parade in front of you, but just out of arms reach... we'd end up running like loons after him and he'd be sort of trotting round, not even breaking a sweat, proud as punch of his conquest. I think he thought it was his job to exercise us.

P6280005.jpg

Also had a budgie who used to rule the roost. He passed away a few months ago. I still have to stop myself saying bye when leaving the room. He was spoilt. Rotten. Allways got what he wanted. He used to love his plastic battery operated interactive grilfriend (told you he was spoilt). Used to have us in stitches when he'd be feeling a bit amorous and try and mount her. Because she was plastic when he did finaly manage to get his little leg over, he'd just slip right off her back. Poor thing would get very frustrated and jump back up and give her a good telling and a slap.

AnnSummers001.jpg:D:D:D

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

Well Im not long back from the Vets with Cordie's urine sample and she is booked back in in Friday morning, so they can access and stabilise her Diabetes!! Found out as well that the cost isnt as bad as I thought it might be.

Did you know that there are no charities out there that will help people with pets on low incomes for medical conditions like diabetes, plenty that could have helped if she had been in a RTA or the likes?

You ever thaught of a poodle / poodle cross (as they don't shed their hair)? My favoraite is a labradoodle (originally bred as seeing eye dogs for blind people with alergies).

Yes... we have had that ongoing conversation for years and it regularly comes up!!.... TBH with the debts I've got, taking on the responsibility of another mouth to feed wouldn't be sensible and It's something I've had to convince DD despite her protestations that she would buy the food!!

Maybe one day when the times right;) .. we've met some loveley Labradoodles, and the owner of a hotel we once stayed in in Canterbury allowed DD to take his for regular walks. Anyway for now she'll just have to put up with our dozy cats and Barbara the goldfish..

:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

We've got :

• Labrador, Alfie,
  • Rottie, Murphy
  • cat, Megan
  • Green winged macaw, Chyna
  • Senegal parrot, Ben
  • Blue-front Amazon parrot, Jasper
  • Orange wing Amazon, Coco
  • 4 cockatiels in the indoor aviary
  • 4 goldfish
  • Bearded dragon, Leon

All but Leon are adopted

Just as well we're in the pet supplies trade :lol:

And we have VERY good neighbours.....!

Leon lol who decided to call him that perhaps i should grow myself a beard :eek:

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN