Sainsburys Bank

Notty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is this debt now with Capquest?

:!: Activ Kapital 2009 - £316 debt cancelled due to no credit agreement

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:D Be Happy and treat people exactly how you would like to be treated

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

:p You only live once so don't take things so seriously

I have received my cca and although the card was applied for online is there certain things on the online cca that should be there? I know they dont have to provide a signature but there isnt a ticked box instead of signature. On the CAG online example of enforable agreements it does have a box with a tick in. I suppose it wouldnt take much for them to add that? Are there any hard and fast rules for online agreements. It does seem a bit of a vague area doesnt it. I tried to do a search to see if anyone else had challenged an online agreement but couldnt find anything. Also in their letter they said I had not paid as the terms and agreement and they had defaulted me and closed the account. Thing is I have never received a DN and as they have now said in the letter the account is terminated wondered where I stood? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Hi again Notty :)

Bumping this for the evening shift for you - I'm not that up on online agreements. Could you scan it and post it on here (after removing personal details including any barcodes) for others to check out.

Re the termination - they are not entitled to do that until they have issued a valid default notice. If they have they're in breach of contract.

Don't mention it to them yet though. You might find out more when the SAR comes through - we need to see if it states that a DN was issued. If it doesn't its good for your case.

Elsa x

Thanks Elsa

Have posted the agreement. There is also the T&C but not posted them, will if needed. Also the letter they sent with the cca. Any help much appreciated. As on previous thread never received DN or TN as stated in their letter.

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz80/Daxknight/img168.jpg

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz80/Daxknight/img167.jpg

[http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz80/Daxknight/img165.jpg

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz80/Daxknight/img164.jpg

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz80/Daxknight/img166.jpg

Edited by Notty

Hi Notty,

They've just done the usual evasion tactic of supplying a reconstruction of the agreement. If it went to court they would have to provide screen dumps showing the ticked box etc .

The SAR request is now crucial to show whether they've logged that a DN was issued. They may also include the application screen dumps. If they don't, you need to ask for them.

As with your other one, unfortunately anything taken out after April 2007 can be enforced by a judge even if missing or invalid (eg they will take proof of payments etc as proof). Prior to that they can't .

The only benefit really is to play for time as they can't enforce while in default of a request (after 12 + 2 working days). Being so recent they probably wouldn't take long.

However, if you have unfair charges on those accounts then a SAR is the way to go to reclaim them, plus there's other ways they have to comply, Default Notices etc

Elsa x

Thanks for that Elsa. So the cca Sainsburys has sent me is enforceable because it was after 2007? I thought that was the case but didnt know how I stood if the tick box was missing (the documents I have photobucked) but if you are saying if bits are missing the judge will still accept it as already made payments and that is all the proof needed? Unfortunately no charges etc but they certainly have never sent a dn so not sure where that leaves me I'm a bit confused - sorry.

It is at the discretion of the judge post April 2007, unfortunately :mad:

However....The DN is very important, could mean the difference between owing the lot and only owing the arrears up to termination. We'll know more when you get the SAR. All is not lost... no fat lady singing here yet ;)

Others will hopefully have more input too as to how you should proceed.

Elsa xx