About to send in my charges - Last minute advice ***Settled ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:eek: Slightly scared about the whole prospect.

I shall be making my donation upon a successfull claim.

Is the following format ok for sending in??

Date Description Amount

30/04/2002 Charges as Notified £28.00

Thanks in advance!

10/08/06 - Prelim sent on - Here goes!!!:-o

29/08/06 - LBA sent on - more waiting!!:rolleyes:

13/09/06 - Claim Online Submitted!!

14/09/06 - Claim issued!

18/09/06 - Claim acknowledged!

19/09/06 - Claim Paid!!!!

:D;):D

This was going to be included in my first letter - I am follwing Moneysavingexperts guide to the process. In there it says send the Letter - Preliminary approach for repayment. first - although this includes interest payments and in the interest calculator there is a warning about not including this in the first letter as they will know you don't know what your doing???

not sure if i'm correct or not?

14/09/06 - Claim issued!

Sorry to pester but I've read the FAQ and it doesnt address this.

Should I send in the following order;

1: Preliminary Approach for Repayments - This includes interest on the balance in the letter but not in my schedule of charges.

2: Letter Before Action - Again this includes interest on the balance in the letter.

3: Make the claim

The reason for me worrying is in the interest calculator it states do not send details of interest with your first letter - but this is mentioned in the template??

Apologees for pestering!

14/09/06 - Claim issued!

Yes that is the correct order.

In the Prelimary Aprroach letter you should not mention S.69 interest, which is interest at 8% on your charges. This will not be applied until you raise the action. You can however add any interest which the bank has charged you on your charges.

Give them 14 days to respond then send Letter Before Action, giving them a further 14 days before issing the claim.

I can't comment on MoneySavingExperts templates as I have not seen them, but I know they have great templates on this site, which I used, and you may be better sticking to them if you are using this forum.

Good luck

HBOS Plc - £9,954.65 Received partial settlement - Court 6/12/06 default removal / compensation / declaration

MBNA - Settled in full £2,377.33

Abbey National - MoneyClaim filed 26/06/2006 £883.90

Lloyds TSB - Claim Filed 11/08/2006 £2,630.00

Egg.com - Claim Filed 11/08/2006 £1,393.60

GE Money - Claim Filed 11/08/2006 £965.22

Thanks - As I am still a little confused I won't mention interest at all untill the 8% part!

When you say "raise the action" is that the point at which I make the claim?

Thanks

14/09/06 - Claim issued!

Thanks - As I am still a little confused I won't mention interest at all untill the 8% part!

When you say "raise the action" is that the point at which I make the claim?

Thanks

He means when you file a claim at court. That is when you ad on the 8% interest as well. Not before.

Where are you up to? Have you sent your preliminary request for payment yet? You need to do that first. The preliminary letter doesn't mention interest. After 14 days, if you've had no response you send the Letter Before Action which also does not mention interest.

14 days after that you file a claim at court-this is when you add on interest. There is a spreadsheet in the bank templates library which will calculate the interest for you. Hope this helps.

Nona

[CENTER][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=DarkOrange]Any advice offered is only my opinion, based on my experience with my claim [/COLOR][/I][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2] I won my case because[/SIZE] I READ THESE FIRST[/COLOR][/SIZE] [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/"][COLOR=red]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/[/COLOR][/URL] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3]Halifax[/SIZE][COLOR=YellowGreen]-[/COLOR][/COLOR][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][COLOR=YellowGreen]SETTLED IN FULL[/COLOR] :D:D:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Prelim letter sent [COLOR=Black]10/07/06[/COLOR] Moneyclaim issued [COLOR=Black]07//08/06[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Settled in full[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]15/08/06 [SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1]Survey completed. Donation made[/SIZE].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Navy]Thanks to Dave and Bankfodder, and all who have given their time and advice[/COLOR]:)[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][COLOR=Black]Co-op Bank Visa[/COLOR] Settled after LBA (only £61 but hey ho, every penny counts) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#00bfff] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Hi Nona - Thanks for the reply. I have everything in an envelope next to me - not sealed yet though!

I believe the letter I have is the preliminary approach letter however the template definately read as below;

It starts with

"Request for repayment of charges"

But under the - "What I Require" heading it definately reads;

I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX .

I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter

Is this the correct letter to start with?

14/09/06 - Claim issued!

A lot of confusion here, there are two bits of interest you can claim for.....

If you haven't sent the prelim yet you can add interest at this point. This is interest on the charges and you work it out using the advanced spreadsheet found here http://www.cag-images.co.uk/a/barracad/Spreadsheets/England/Complex-bank-charges-calc.xls. You basically have to put in the interest you are charged each month and whether the balance was positive or negative at the time and it works it all out for you. This amount you can include on the prelim letter, this is why it says "I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX ". Some people claim for this some people don't bother, I have as it came to over £400. If you don't just delete the overdraft interest bit.

When it gets to the Moneyclaim stage this is where you add the 8% which again on the same spreadsheet (3rd page) it again works it all out for you.

Just to make things even more confusing there is a lot of talk on this board about substituting the 8% for a higher rate i.e the banks lending rate or unauthorised overdraft, say 24.9% which i'm thinking about doing.

Hope this helps

[/url]

Nationwide

Won

Capital One

Won

Citibank

Part win

GE Capital

Won

Exchange your council house for free.

www.UseMyPlace.com

Oops, sorry, i must have deleted that bit-the overdraft interest was too complicated to work out i think.

Soz, Nona

[CENTER][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=DarkOrange]Any advice offered is only my opinion, based on my experience with my claim [/COLOR][/I][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2] I won my case because[/SIZE] I READ THESE FIRST[/COLOR][/SIZE] [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/"][COLOR=red]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/[/COLOR][/URL] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3]Halifax[/SIZE][COLOR=YellowGreen]-[/COLOR][/COLOR][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][COLOR=YellowGreen]SETTLED IN FULL[/COLOR] :D:D:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Prelim letter sent [COLOR=Black]10/07/06[/COLOR] Moneyclaim issued [COLOR=Black]07//08/06[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Settled in full[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]15/08/06 [SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1]Survey completed. Donation made[/SIZE].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Navy]Thanks to Dave and Bankfodder, and all who have given their time and advice[/COLOR]:)[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][COLOR=Black]Co-op Bank Visa[/COLOR] Settled after LBA (only £61 but hey ho, every penny counts) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#00bfff] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Ok - Initial letter posted 10/08/06. I suppose now its the waiting game!

Fingers crossed. Thanks everyone for there advice and input!

14/09/06 - Claim issued!

Received a letter today from halifax - very general - looks like its a standard reply.

Thank you for your letter which we received at the office on 14th August 2006

I am sorry top learn blah blah blah.

They basically say they are keen to deal with my concerns and that they will reply shortly - certainly not more than 4 weeks.

My question is should I just ignore this and post out my LBA on the 28th??

Thanks folks - your all being a big help here!!

14/09/06 - Claim issued!

Effectively, yes! I had that same letter. stick to your schedule, not theirs, is the advice I was given! So, on the 28th, send the LBA letter, but amend the first line to something like, "Thank you for your letter of xxx. I am disappointed you have failed to address any of the concerns raised in my letter of xxx..." and then carry on with the rest of the LBA as in the template.

Hope this helps.

Doryphor

Halifax: FULL REFUND

_________

Lloyds TSB: FULL REFUND

HSBC Current Acct: FULL REFUND

Capital One (three accounts); GE Money (Mothercare); GE Money (Burton):

Getting round to sending off first letters...!

Thanks - I suppose it is now the waiting game.

:)

14/09/06 - Claim issued!

Quick question. As I sent my initial letter on the 10th August. Can I now send my LBA in? The reason being is that they say they received it on the 14th, so should I wait untill the 28th to send in the LBA or send it in today - 14 days from when I sent the Prelim in?

Thanks again in advance!

14/09/06 - Claim issued!

Thanks - will send on Monday then. Only four days to wait!

14/09/06 - Claim issued!

No problem. Waiting is a killer isn't it, although I suppose what we have to remember we've been without our money for years so a few days isn't going to hurt.:D

[/url]

Nationwide

Won

Capital One

Won

Citibank

Part win

GE Capital

Won

Exchange your council house for free.

www.UseMyPlace.com

Right then - LBA posted today so I suppose that means give them untill 13/14th September before the next step.

Thanks for everyones advice so far - invaluable.

14/09/06 - Claim issued!

OK - received a letter from the bank today saying were sorry to learn your unhappy etc. The letter is actualy one and a half pages long - Is this a standard letter? Its from Jeannette Gildea.

By the way they are offering a good will gesture of £225.00. Dont think ill be accepting that though as its over £3K with interest owed.

Do I just continue as normal now and when the 14 days are up then basically take them to court?

Thanks folks

14/09/06 - Claim issued!

Quick question (4 days left to go!!)

Should I have replied to the banks offer and turned it down? I just ignored it tinking I would continue along the lines of the terms I had laid out in the LBA.

Thanks in advance!

14/09/06 - Claim issued!

We advise to accept their offer in partial settlement but you will persue the remainder in Court

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

I havent done this and the 14 days are up tomorrow. Will this jepadise my cliam? Also can I include any new charges on the account than those quoted in the last two letters - I've had an other one

:mad:.

Starting to get a bit nevous now!!

Thanks again in advance.

14/09/06 - Claim issued!

Hi Dayglo - I have already sent in my LBA and am about to start legal procedings??

14/09/06 - Claim issued!