Yorkshire Bank, debt sold on. please advise.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

I am currently in a DMP from Jan 2007. One of my creditors are the Yokshire Bank for an overdraft of £1700 that i had to put in my DMP.

The thing is i paid to get all my statements in 2007, to find YB owed me well over a £1000 in charges. I didnt follow it up as the banks had put everybody on hold ( I now know i should have followed it up anyway).

In June of this year YB sold the debt of £1300 onto Apex Credit Management. Is the debt legal ?

I am wondering if i could still claim the charges back as i still hold all the six year statements that they sent me out.

Any advice would be much, much appriciated as it would nearly clear the debt i owe to YB ( sorry , Apex now ). Any templates for follow up letters would help enormously.

Sorry for being/ sounding so naive.

look forward to any advice given.

Thanks.

hi,

thanks for the quick reply, its oh so much appriciated.

Can you post me a few pointers on how to go about it and i will get staright away. ie templates etc.

Sorry for being a pain but bit out of touch with it all alately.

cheers again.

sorry but ive got to get back to work

if you have no replies ill post what you need later

to begin with, do a spread sheet from the statements

enclose date of charge and ammount

that will keep you biz for a while

thats the last six years of charges

All the pointers to claiming are on this website. You will need to spend quite a lot of time reading aroundbut it will be worth it. If you simply rely on other people to give you pointers without finding out for yourself then you will not understand the subject well enough and you will not have the confidence to see your way through any difficulties.

Yorkshire bank is an especially easy target because at one point they were providing court documents claiming that their charges were exactly equal to their administrative costs. This is completely untrue but they will help you bring your action against them for the refund of unlawful bank charges.

You should get your claim in now. You should include in your claim a request for restitutionary damages because the bank charges which you have paid to the bank were paid under a mistake. Even better, in the case of the Yorkshire bank is that they have deliberately attempted to mislead customers by claiming that their charges were equal to their administrative costs.

Because of this I can see very little difficulty in getting a very decent payout in addition to the refund of your charges.

Don't hang around. Assemble all your evidence and bring your claim now

by the way, you are not limited to 6 years of charges. You should be claiming all way back to first of January 1995 which is when the unfair terms in consumer contracts regulations came into force. you may have to submit an additional SAR to get other statements that you need.

Use our latest SAR template and make sure that you are asking for all data which they hold on you in any form and in respect of any period. The banks are scallywagsand will use any technicality to avoid giving you all your data or to avoid your claim

Postggj & Bankfodder,

Thanks for all your advice.

Postggj,

Ive got all my statements out, the spreadsheets are ready, so i'm gonna crack on with it first thing tommorow.

Thanks for taking the time out to reply, i'll let you know how i'm getting on.

Sorry to have been a bit of a pest, just wanted to know the correct procedure to follow.

Bankfodder,

this website is a god send & has helped me and loads of others sleep better at night. May the donations continue.