I am so confused

loopinlouie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny enough today in the post no letter from tax credits still, but a pack from the job centre advisor including a claim form for incapacity benefit.:) Though now I am thinking aaaargh forms, so will ring welfare rights to help me fill it in next week. At first I was panicked at was I to rush to do it myself and make a boo boo as terrible at understanding forms myself, but after ringing income support as below I realised as long as I do it asap its okay.

Rang income support and kept getting cut off as they were very busy and tried tax credits and same there, so rang income support again untill got through. Long wait but had helpfull woman explain things to me:) Told them money was comming into my account which I believed was tax credits for the children but I had had no letter. They looked into it and said there was an update from tax credits to say about it and was confimed it was them. Reassessed and my money obviously dropped to take account of that, I am only getting 6.00 odd a week from them now, but it all balances out in the end and actually works out about 1.00 odd more than previous income support letter:D

I must admit although still have to fill out incapacity form and understand why now, I find the whole thing exhausting. Instead of csa, income support, child alllowance and dla. I am now getting all of previous with addition of child tax credits and later a change to incapacity allowance. With no moan at them I just cant understand how splitting a claim so many ways saves them money, I used to manage better when they took all of the csa money and just paid what entitled to over that.

I know what they say about paying the money direct to claimant but thats what they did with other payments and later they are considering changing that, it just seems so confusing to people like me:eek: I recently changed to fornightly payments like all and now are back on weekly and to be fair I prefer that, so ok from me:D

Any how at least done everything I have to.

I did mention to her about the csa problem previously and she double checked they were taking it in account which of course they are now, and said well I'll pretend you didnt say that. To which although she was lovely I thought I needed to remind them I had told everyone in the first place, I got the impression they didnt want to hear about the error so maybe I shouldnt worry.

And finally.....

What does concern me is like today it was pointed out that the tax credits computer cross checks with the income support computer and as much as we ring and inform of changes. I having recently been told that the income support does interact with csa updates after previously told they didnt as were private company (odd), the fact I rang them should be considered as I did my part and trusted what told.

So panic over untill I fill in the dreaded incapacity form:lol:

Thanks again for all advice.

glad you are sorted

tax credits do down load information on to the Income support system but not always so its best always to ring IS with any changes.

Once you fill out the IB forms and put them in you will be fine, no more problems:-)

It seems like maybe things were rushed through a bit quick and it was not all thought out properly by the goverment, lessons perhaps will be learnt,:confused:

Regarding the CSA they only download certain information onto an IS claims but not the amount of maintenance you are getting and as far as I am aware not since September 2008, but IS will get to know eventually through scans If it goes up or down again make that call,

Well was okay untill today:(I mean I knew to expect some sort of letter about the csa payments.

I rang them up and said I had received letter stating overpayment and that they would contact me later. It said I had to let them know if I wasnt happy within one month, so I did.

I recorded the call and the man was helpfull and able to confirm I had called last year and on the month I said, so thats good news. I believed they had no record according to job centre.

I am trying to contact welfare rights on monday anyhow to fill in incapacity forms and will take letter also when I get appointment. The man today said to wright down all happened on letter and take to welfare rights.

Just that although I know to argue my case that it wasnt my fault, I am just so low about now. Hospital on thursday put me back on antidepressants and anxiety pills and its probably just as well as they said I needed help to get more stable.

Just down in the fact if they had acted on my calls I wouldnt be in this position and speant the money, some of which on dodgy debt collector and crap, although if they had contacted me just nearly a month earlier I could have handed them a thousand back as used to pay for sons clothes and spends for egypt with young carers and laptop to replace my dodgy one.

Sorry just peed off today:(Hope they dont make me pay for their mistakes, we are talking a lot of money here. Warned my kids they wouldnt be having such a good xmas this year in advance, well I did have a lot more money last year, they were not bothered at all by :)Said they love me:D:D:D

On a more chearier note, I know what is mine now and can budget properly.

Welfare rights called me to give me date for appt. Cant see me for 4 weeks, so advised me to call incapacity benefit for them to make a note of fact.

I could cry, thats where it started, rang advise line and told odd I was sent one of the old incapacity forms and that it should be esa. Rang incapacity direct dwp and told same thing, looked into it and was confirmed high rate care dla would stay on income support, so I asked them what should I do.

Told reason sent form probably job centre run out of new ones, as in incapacity claims not having new claims since september, but the form ask similar questions relating to the new esa claim.

Told as by now stressed, it would be okay to ring esa on monday and inform them I couldnt see welfare rights for a while. Ive looked if I can fill in the form myself and its just too confusing for me.

To be fair they are all helpful, just I am finding it hard going especially after what happening over csa payment errors.:( Why cant they just leave me on income support without the forms is how I feel right now.

Sorry I am miserable today.

Its a nightmare,

They were right to send you the Incapacity Benefit forms you meant to be going on that benefit not ESA

You are supposed to be going on IB and stay on IS

do you have an advisor at the Jobcentre

remember the one who filled out the tax credits forms

your lone parent advisor, they have the knowledge

about your situation and should be able to help you.

I am so frustrated for you,

and with regards to your overpayment you do need to speak to welfare rights regarding it, you will have to appeal against it as you did inform them about it and they have told you its in your notepad# they can see it on their screens that you phoned up and told them.

Edited by Jack Daniels

Tax credit letter came today. Explains the money in account fully, though it asks me to ring them if the fact I am disabled high rate dla is not mentioned on form and it isnt, what does that mean to the tax credits? Bearing in mind I thought the credits were for the kids, though i support has dropped to 6.00 odd a week, it balances out.

Tax credit letter came today. Explains the money in account fully, though it asks me to ring them if the fact I am disabled high rate dla is not mentioned on form and it isnt, what does that mean to the tax credits? Bearing in mind I thought the credits were for the kids, though i support has dropped to 6.00 odd a week, it balances out.

It looks like DLA care component higher rate has not been added to your tax credit award if this is the case ring them up and tell them who is receiving it and it should increase your payments.

Been told today by Job centre that I dont now need to fill in the incapacity form and will stay on income support, he just needs to send something off on my behalf, but to keep it incase needed later and that I dont need to tell tax credits about me being on high dla, as the tax credits is for my children alone. I only get 6.00 odd from income support at moment but thats because of the money from the csa being just over 500.00.

He was very helpful and I do appreciate the rules only just changed regarding my situation, but as in the title I found it so confusing.

Now just telling myself not to worry untill get another letter regarding csa/income support mistake.

you have gone straight over because you are on DLA higher care, glad you got it all sorted

its still not yet decided whats happening to everybody in your sitiuation but you are ok now.

you are right tax credits are for your children and your DlA does not effect it at all##

good luck with your CSA issues.

Right apparrantly I have to right to income support about the overpayment.

Could anyone advise me how to state what happened to me and the fact I shouldnt be held responsible, for instance I wouldnt have speant the money had I not been convinced it was mine.

Trouble is with me I waffle on and go off the point, so anyone ideas how to put it straight to the point that this is an admin error and I did all I could to check and followed advise so shouldnt be penalised for it.

The letter does not give an ammount of overpayment says its to follow, it does say I have to let them know within a month if I disagree with overpayment.

I am worrying now that I know where I stand with my benefits and starting to adjust that they will take most of it and push into debt.

So I need to be clear in their terms so that they understand they shouldnt try to reclaim it from me.:)

Hi Lou

all you can do is sit down and write down everything that happened as you remember it,

Tell them how you called them, try to remember when and if you can who you spoke to, did you write in to them and tell them about the money if you did can you remember or do you have any copies of what you wrote.

Basically just put it down on paper how you informed them about the maintenance and how they said it does not effect your Income Support

Did you phone CSA about it as well, you can mention that.

You said in one of your earlier posts they had it in your note pad on screen that you had rung this will help you.

At the end say that it is their error that the maintenance has not been taken into account you had informed them on a number of occasions

Are you still seeing welfare rights about helping you

Thanks Jack, I suppose just panicking. I realised yesterday the letter even though not mentioning ammount of overpayment, although says will contact you later, states if you disagree with our descision to reply within one month and I realised I would have to put it down on paper. Just not very good at putting things down and overworrying. Will do as said. I did call them as said and taped call so need to listen to tape, just wish it would go away and obviously rather than worry I should get on with it:) Thanks. I also have a letter from the hospital about my mental health and they pointed out I was very stressed about csa money error, so will include photocopy of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little update. As in post 61 job centre said they were to send a internal note to state my staying on is or ib due to being on high rate dla. Received standard undated letter today stating all single parents with kids above 11 to be taken of income support on date in october.

I have recieved no note from income support regarding my automatic transfer to old incapacity benefit and wonder should I ring up incapacity part of income support for status or put it down to backlog of claims.

Heared nowt about supposed overpayment so not worrying till I hear.

Edited by loopinlouie
tiny keys on new laptop cant see them very well so apologies for typos

Give Income Support a ring, you should not be getting letters as you will stay on IS because you are on DLA high care rate, thats a straight forward entitlement to IB in your case, no decision required by their DM

Did the letter give an end date, I think as you said its just a standard letter, but give them a ring Monday :)

and dont worry

Thanks for reply.

Received late friday letter from dwp telling me my claim for incapacity benefit contribution was turned down to lack of contributions and that my claim for income related based on points incapacity was to start end december. (job centre said they were sending a form in about me when told I didnt have to fill in incapaicty claim due to high rate dla)

Confused as enclosed was a incapacity claim form, told I didnt have to fill this in previously and also a note stating if I stop supplying medical notes from doctors my claim will cease.

1. Not asked to get notes from doctor since last spoke to dwp lone parent advisor weeks ago, it was sent back to me, with no mention of having to get more.

2. Told points based claim starts end december yet not told anymore info. What do I do as this change over is as title says confusing me something chronic.

On a plus side mind rang me I couldnt face going to the appointment as had to leave the house. They rang me stating its obvious I need urgent help and they want to see me tuesday, will ring me on day to give me time. Psycotherapist wants to see me, very nervous of this, hospital sees me as well and I dont know if they liase, I noticed they are writing to my doctor, as last time in saw mind heading on my file on computer, its just I dont know if I can deal with it. I want it to go away, get nervous when they keep asking how the kids are doing. They are fine just it makes me feel suspicious. Just wish the dwp would sort my claims out so the stress could level out while I deal with going to mind.

Also said my claim to income support would stop, I thought incapacity benefit was the same sort of thing. I presume it means income support would write to me saying as of end december now on incapacity benefit. No date on incapaity form just a number written on it on top right.

Lou have read your post.

I rhink you will be on IB Credits and Income Support

I dont know why they have sent you the form to fill out for IB you should go on IB because you have DLA high Care

Phone your Lone Parent advisor again and make sure you speak to them direct.

Its going around in circles for you and needs sorting out by the department

Please keep us posted

Thanks. I will ring them as I am on the point of screaming. Last year I saw welfare rights who saw my benefit form and said I should be on severe disability rate of income support. They had been paying an ammount listed as you are disabled. The form was sent with welfare rights and I heared nothing. Saw welfare rights again beginning of the year and they said it was still not on the claim letter and when next in filled out form again and then heared nothing. As income support were telling me the csa money was mine I presumed it was all interlinked, when I mentioned it they didnt query me and again it should be on tape. I had been told it made a difference of over 50.00 a week and as my money went up by 500.00, a four week time, can you see where I am comming from.

When they were recently telling me my is was going down to 6.49 a week and it all balanced out I reminded them again of this disability premium and they told me I was already getting it. But looking closely at the forms I see it is still the 20.00 odd as you are disabled not the 50.00 odd increase.

I am beginning to despair at the thought of contacting them as I feel my claim as much as they are polite has been confused since november last year and I am at least seeing welfare rights next week.

Edited by loopinlouie

You can certainly ask them to delay the interview before you see a welfare rights officer. In your case it is going to be just change of name of the benefit rest will remain the same. Govt. is scrapping Income Support and Incapacity Benefit and replacing them with ESA. If still not sure than please see you local WR office.

:-|Impossible is I'M Possible:lol:

If you think the advice given is useful then show your appreciation by clicking on the scales.

I dont have to go to interview now Ive been told, its just the fact Ive been told so many things by income support, overpaid in csa and yet I believe underpaid in income support. Though have to say more than likeyly more overpaid than underpaid, if you know what I mean. They never sent a letter about the severe diability premium yet welfare rights were involved in it and annoyed it was not sorted last time.

refring to work focused interview, havnt actually got to ammount overpaid yet

Edited by loopinlouie