I am so confused

loopinlouie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just me and two kids below 15. Welfar rights picked up on it last year, filled in fomrs twice there and heared nothing. Income support told me I am getting it, yet it doesnt appear on letters just says 20.00 as you are disables listed under my bit of form, that was there already when welfare rights mentioned it.

I must be a big pain in the bum to them.

Edited by loopinlouie
clearer

Always lived on my own for nearly 9 years now. Was awarded dla about the same time and given high rate. It was mentioned only last year that I should be getting sda. Welfare rights filled in the sda forms for me at the same time as the dla reknewal, I got the reknewal and heared nowt of sda so mentioned it again in feb. It was filled out again and they were angry I didnt have it, she called someone I believe, wether income support I dont know.

Just so overwhelmed when told csa money mine and told getting disabled premiun, so presumed it all was right. Just that the last is form is so detailed of what is in and out and how deducts this and that for tax credits, I thought shouldnt it say sda.

if you are in receipt of SDP you should be getting over £160 per week IS minus your CSA psyments

If not you are not receiving it

this is made up as follows

single rate, IS, DP, EDP and SDP

You need to see CAB and maybe your MP

if you are entitled to SDP it can be backdated to the day your DLA was put into payment at either the middle rate care or high rate care component

Edited by MIKEY DABODEE

Thanks for info. I see welfare rights on the 5 or 6 of october, next week. So will get them to check ammounts for me as to be honest not sure what planet on when comes to figures.

One thing I am sure eventually it will be sorted. Mind today told me how to breath in and out, handy when keep having panic attacks when letter drop through door. They have organised psycotherapist for next week, so should learn to calm down, forgot how to:)

lI rang income support today and they are going to ring me back.

I think I know why Ive had so many problems, well a possible cause. I was told today regarding the sdp that there are two screens. One shows me with the correct dla and the second shows me as dla zero.

I was told sdp is not on my benefit and they cant understand why it would not be.

I told them a few mistakes had happened and at roughly the same time and wonder wether this could be the reason?

Any how I told them I was going to welfare rights next week who twice previously had filled in the forms and asked why the money was not comming to me.

The man I spoke to was very helpfull and at least this time didnt just say oh you are getting it. You see last two people I spoke to said when I asked you are already getting the disability premiums.

Me confused again, but they are ringing me back, so can hopefully accurately speak to welfare rights next week:)

Also told will have to provide medical certificates for incapacity benefit as of when income support stops in december and should have been told this though they should write to me nearer the time. Still a little confused as to why I have been sent incapacity form as been confirmed today granted it by the descision maker.

ps. Does the incapacity benefit also pay sdp in december, that is if I eventually have it added to my income support:D

But we are getting there:D and I am feeling a little more confident speaking to them with all your help and advice. Thanks

I think they mean I am going over to incapacity benefit as of end december. He said I would have to provide doctors notes as of then.

Last time in hospital recovered in about 12 hours enough to be taken home and sleep. Normally only go in if having seizure after seizure and it shows not stopping.

Time before ambulance stabalised me and I said I wanted to recover at home, then they had to come back 20mins later as had another one and stopped breathing.

But didnt think needed to ring is as not in for days on end. To be honest dont like going in to hospital as I am normally in a mess by then and dont realise what like till come around. One nurse I heared commenting about the state of me that I stank, I had had an accident. Came round hours later to still be in same mess, so put me off of hospital if I can help it.

Edited by loopinlouie

No :)

usually when you have been in hospital for over 28 days and notified IS,s then you DLA is put to 0.00s on their screens to prevent SDP being paid

I was wondering if this is why your DLA is showing on their screens like that, I cant think why they would have it like this

Even though he says you are going onto Incapacity Benefit in December, I know its a chore but i would ring them again to ask if your IS is going to carry on as well after that date as I am sure it will be

Its hard to understand but your condition of entitlement before all this nightmare began was that you where a lone parent, now you children are over twelve you need a new condition and this is IB

You will have to put in sick notes untill they decide you dont have too

But I didnt think that you would have to fill the form for IB has you have DLA higher care and this is enough

But some areas of the country could be differnet when it comes to rules

In mine you would not have too

Hope this is not confusing you more

See welfare rights, wish I could sort it out my self for you :)

Welfare rights just rang to change my appointment and over the phone was able to tell me last time I was in they dealt with income support to chase up why I was not getting sdp and said today there were implications to them not paying it to me, I presume that means they could possibly be rapped round the knuckles, hopefully gently:D

They are nice to me after all, but obviously if this is my money I would like it please I will say when ring them again.

Have to admit I am on a bit of a downer at the moment, exhausted by it all.

Had no ring back yesterday and as gone 5pm, decided to ring them. Put through to someone who I can politely only suggest did not want to deal with it, jumped in saying dont expect us to ring you back today, I presume as in the time. I said well I was expecting the call yesterday, but today at least. He said what can I do for you and I politely said well could you let me know how its getting on and was told he didnt know.

He did say he would email them and get them to ring me, but I am not holding up much hope. I have never been rang back when they say they will and that is me moaning as my chasing mistakes has been going on since last november.:Cry:

Dont

get down :)

ring tomorrow again ask for a supervisor and say you are going to see your MP if nothings done

and you are going to make a complaint

Welfare rights wll help you with this and you will the get the Special Payment and your arrears

Edited by MIKEY DABODEE

Went to welfare rights, they couldnt see why I would have to fill in incapacity form enclosed with letter stating I was awarded incapacity benefit by descision maker, so to be on safe side we filled it in any how and put covering letter in:)

On SDP front got a lovely call from supervisor promising it would be sorted in the next couple of days.:-D Very kind and understanding lady, I couldnt say thank you enough.

Been very confusing and stressful but hopefully mostly resolved. I have to say they were very helpful and polite to me.

Stress levels going down:-D for now, but hey thats me too stressy.