Hardship application and a £2k overdraft!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need a bit of advice.

I am thinking of claiming back my charges from Abbey. I have been on contributions based jobseekers since December (which stops this week and I will not get anything at all!:Cry:) and have incurred more than my fair share of charges as I have had loads of direct debits fail etc.

My questions are:

Am i in 'hardship' if my wife works (she now pays the mortgage, council tax, gas etc)?

Will the Abbey close my account?

If they do and I have an overdraft of £2K, how do they expect to get that money back?

I appreciate any advice/comments.

:)

They will very likley say that you are not in harship but try it if you want. I can do very little harm - except that it will delay your full claim in the courts.

Even if you get smoe money from them, it won't be everything.

By far your best bet will be to start a court claim as soon as possible and add your 8%. This is a very high rate interest at the moment and you may as well get your money earning as quicly as possible.

I need a bit of advice.

I am thinking of claiming back my charges from Abbey. I have been on contributions based jobseekers since December (which stops this week and I will not get anything at all!:Cry:) and have incurred more than my fair share of charges as I have had loads of direct debits fail etc.

My questions are:

Am i in 'hardship' if my wife works (she now pays the mortgage, council tax, gas etc)? If you have priority debts(mortgage/rent, council tax, utilities) then you might be considered in financial hardship albeit household income should be assessed as part of the process.

Will the Abbey close my account? Abbey won't close your account because you are claiming.

If they do and I have an overdraft of £2K, how do they expect to get that money back? They won't

I appreciate any advice/comments.

:)

Hope that helps

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Hi poormanofherts:)

We are in a similar situation but with LTSB - we have an o/d of £4000+ and charges owed amounting to more than double that amount.

Although banks are not supposed to close accounts as a result of a charges claim (and on the whole I believe they don't), they did close ours (we are quite pleased actually as we no longer use it and had intended to close it anyway once all this is over).

We have reported them to the FSA, although apparently they cannot deal with individual cases.

As a precaution, it would be wise to open a parachute account at an unconnected bank and change all your payments in and direct debits etc to the new account.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%