Do we want a General Election

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Been watching the sky news coverage of the -hit hitting the fan down at westminster this morning and they keep banging on about the public wanting an election as we have a broad section of the public here on this excelent site what are your thoughts is this the case? Any comments you all have please share them here as im interested what the public really think thank you PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

why ?

it will not change a lot if anything, arnt they all the same.

I have tried to become a local councillor but around here is not truly democratic, as for the last 6 years we have had no elections as the same people get in again and again. Most people vote for just the party they have always voted for, and no mater what they will not change as they are against the other partys because they did ........If you try to stand as a indipendabnt you have no chance of getting in. To jion a local party is almost inpossable as they are all real old boys club for the local "Right place right time business men"

I think what we want is to know what policies other parties have. I'm not hearing policies, I'm hearing expenses, plots, conspiracies, but not policies. I made my protest in the Euro elections because I think voting is important. However, I bet you haven't heard this news :D

Latest news from Cambridge & Cambridgeshire. Cambridge sports, Cambridge jobs & Cambridge business - Loony beats Labour in St Ives

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

YES and YES and shoot Brown first

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

why stop at brown. what ever happens election or not, the politicians who have left, forced out or sacked, only left the trough to make spaces for the newbys to get there heads in.icon4.gif

There is now not one single Labour run council in England so why won't he listen to the people.

I'll hold the ammunition for you.

Edited by Conniff

There is now not one single Labour run council in England so why won't he listen to the people.

I'll hold the ammunition for you.

Can i watch :)

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales

when times are hard and things are not going our way the good old british public find a scapegoat.yes we found gordon brown .i actually dont beleive brown is to blame for the credit crunch at all . this is a global situation effecting everyone worldwide not just the uk.he was a person who came to office and had a horrid start as prime minister glasgow terrorist attacks, foot and mouth, also bird flu epedemic. then we have the severe credit crunch .the conservatives said we would have done nothing for the banks just let them go bust .but rightly or wrongly we ploughed billions into there coffers.but the thing is the loss of jobs the repossesions of homes, the collapse of high street big boys.but brown tried to help brought intrest rates down lower mortgage repayments lowered the time limit on dpp paying mortgage intrest out in benefits .got agreements with mortgage companys and the courts repossesion was to be the last resort. intrest rates at an all time low surley this has helped some people in the uk.conservatives last time dont u remember job losses high unemployment also intrest rates at 15%.i think we all have short memories.when conservatives come to power did mr cameron say he would abolish sure start. i think this was a good policy for all and strenghens the links in the comunity for all families with young children .really has been a sucess in the comunities of the uk.i have seen hospital rebuilds all over new modern schools being built surley this is the kind of thing that we need to see under any goverment. the mps exspenses well that is all parties involvement there it is corrupt dishonest and morally wrong .we lock people up for benefit fraud .so why are these mps claims not dealt with the same way .people want to see justice cant have one law for one and a diffrent law for mps.what will a genral election do know life might become harder we have to have a genral election by june 2010 latest. let brown carry on and see if his policies get us out of this mess .indications show it might be .last year we was going to be last out of credit crunch there saying know we will be the first .if browns policies on credit crunch not working why is most countrys adopting browns policies worldwide?????????????????????????????????

• Haha 1

I don't believe a general election prior to the publication of the Kelly report on expenses will solve anything. For example, those MP's we are all banging on about will get a £64k payout for leaving Parliament. Ian Gibson did the right thing and resigned causing a by election in Norwich.

Currently, David Cameron is waiting for the Kelly report as to whether he will pay back £22,000 worth of expenses back so if the general election is held now, we get a Prime Minister who has already paid back over £4000 and possibly will pay back a further £22k.

We will get a general election and we will get David Cameron as Prime Minister, because the time is right for a change in government. Let's hold fire. However, if Brown is removed then I think an election this year has got to happen.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

perhaps what should be done to mps found out in the exspenses scandal. banned from public office that means they forefiet this magic 64k.well done the telegraph for exsposing this abuse of public money.

You don't get it do you. We can all come with ideas about how these leaches should be punished but it isn't going to happen. We have absolutely no control over the ****. Following the election there will be a massive Tory majority, lots of mutterings about root and branch reform and making difficult choices then it will be business as usual while the whole expenses thing gets quietly forgotten and the dumbed down population starts to care more about who's going to win I'm a Celebrity

Oh sure, then we can pay for more moat cleaning and tennis court heating instead of John Lewis furniture. :rolleyes:

Anyone who thinks that a change of government is going to improve matters lives in cloud cuckoo-land.

As a working-class parent with a disabled child and a mortgage, I dread what will happen when the Tories get in (not "if", they don't even need to campaign this time). Traditionally, the right takes money off the poorest to lavish on the richest, so I can see the Tax Credits disappearing fast, Incapacity Benefit and DLA rehauled, because the money has to be found somewhere to appease the voters. Oh yes, and more privatisation of essential sectors so that more corners can get cut on safety and efficiency.

If you think things are bad now (and I agree with Sweets, why blame Brown for a recession which came to us from the US and their capitalist greed? :-?), just you wait until that lot comes in. Most of us who are on this forum are here because like it or not, we are or have become the lowest on the economic ladder. If you think that any Tory reform will be for our benefit, then good luck to you, because I can guarantee that will come back to bite you in the a*se.

well said bookworm im pleased your living in the real world.also u see real problems .well i think browns policies are showing signs of working .the conservative policies abolish sure start sop building schools and hospitals abolish the 50p tax for the rich .thats just in the first few months .i bet a lot of us are enjoying low mortgage payments at present .last tory goverment 15%then u will see repossesions .cant understand why the exspenses thing cant be sorted.that is corrupt dishonest and mps cant behave like this .

I also live in the real world, I also know that Gordon Brown has introduced 140 new taxes and increased the income tax payable by the very lowest wage earners by abolition of the 10% rate.

If Labour had not grossly mismanaged the economy in the first ten years, this so called credit crunch would have had limited effect on the nation as a whole.

I want an election to get rid of the most inept government this country has ever had, the expenses only come second to that.

the only thing the tories did not tax last time was the air we breath

now would that be an enviromental tax this time

i remember interest rate at 15 %

people have long memories

thats why the fringe parties are doing so well

lets have a change

ukip for me this time

I also live in the real world, I also know that Gordon Brown has introduced 140 new taxes and increased the income tax payable by the very lowest wage earners by abolition of the 10% rate.

If Labour had not grossly mismanaged the economy in the first ten years, this so called credit crunch would have had limited effect on the nation as a whole.

I want an election to get rid of the most inept government this country has ever had, the expenses only come second to that.

Conniff, I understand this and the 50% tax rate for high earners from next year. The question I have to ask is, what are the policies of the conservative party, liberal democrat party, ukip party on health, tax, foreign policy, etc,etc,. I understand jumping on the bandwagon of election now, but what about policies now.

let me say each contribution made on this topic is personel opinions i my self think thats what is good about this country we have the freedoms to voice our opinions .but in my case whatever your political views are these are respected .such a debate like this is good for opinions to be voiced . as regards to fringe parties yes they should be part of the political situation 3 party system not the best for a democracy but i must make an exception i would never vote for the bnp.but perhaps we need to see there policies lay them out and we shall decide in the next 12 months .suprise no one has mentioned the green party they have been on the go for years do they represent the world today

Conniff, I understand this and the 50% tax rate for high earners from next year. The question I have to ask is, what are the policies of the conservative party, liberal democrat party, ukip party on health, tax, foreign policy, etc,etc,. I understand jumping on the bandwagon of election now, but what about policies now.

Pocket guide to UKIP - this has all their main policies in bullet point form.

Please note nothing I say constitutes legal advice.

Nah, that's just wishful thinking. All you have to do is look at other countries and you'll see that no matter what their policies are, they all have been badly bitten. You can blame Brown all you like, but I'd take a bet that there is an overwhelming feeling of relief in the Tory HQ that they weren't in power when the bubble burst or they'd be the ones carrying the can on that one.

I want an election to get rid of the most inept government this country has ever had.

Ah, someone too young to remember the Thatcher years then. :razz: Yes, those years where the recession was home-grown, interest rates soared, mines were closed, milk for kids in school was stopped, child benefit got frozen for yrs on end, the poll tax was introduced, the NHS got dismantled brick by brick, the railway sold off piece by piece, need I go on?