Road Tax Offence

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, new to the forum and have found bits and bobs of infomation, but just wondered if anyone has any advice?

I was pulled by Police on 09/10/2008 for having no Road Tax, which I quickly rectified. Howver, I have just received a sSummons, today, requesting a court appearance 06/07/2009.

I admit I was in the wrong with this one, but this is the first I have heard form the Police/Court, anyone, about the issue. No NIPS that I'm aware of. Obviously I am worried about the size of the fine I may receive, and have been looking around the net at various bits of information, as to what I should do.

I have seen something that mentions that in order to prosecute, then information has to be "laid" at the magistrate within 6 months of the offence. I have a "Date Infomation Laid" on the Summons which is 11 May 2009.

Do I have any recourse here with regard to that date being over 6 months form the offence? I'm not sure to be honest and any advice/help would be most appreciated.

Many thanks.

No NIP is required as a roadside stop was performed.

It is summary offences that have to have information laid within 6 months. However, depending on the offence, the clock runs from date of offence or date that the prosecuting authority is aware that there is an offence. If the later (which I suspect), then DVLA will argue that by the time they were notified by the Police, the information was lain in time.

Check with the Court (and with Pepipoo)