Wentworth Direct Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5050 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi lfcsteve35

If its any consolation, they replied to me within a couple of days of sending the first letter by recorded delivery, asking me to send copy of drivers license and copy of utility bill (I think), which I promptly sent, recorded again. Received the cheque, minus the £5 admin fee, within a week.

I even got junk emails from Wentworth after this trying to entice me to take out a loan with them, and interestingly, it was clearly stated on the email that your details are passed to another company to process the loan, so maybe they are covering themselves after receiving so many complaints.

yet another victim here wentworth took brokers fee twice out my account i have faxed them twice clearly stating this on my bank statement tho still no refund i will write a letter and hopefully get most of it back what address hav people been sending these letters to coz i hav a address for wrotham road kent should i just send it there?????? please reply thanks james

• 2 weeks later...

Please do not trust this sort of company especially Wentworth Direct Finance! They are such a [problem]!! They are useless I am surprised that this company still running and keep take advantages of people. It's same story as others I paid £59 for broker fee and I've been accepted for loan of £2000 regardless any circumstances even I'm in full time education, work part-time and can't get any pay slip. It has been over 2 weeks nothing happened apart from the letter from another company called Ralph Marlon Ltd which i have to pay them another £30 and they are nothing to do with Wentworth Direct Fiance at all this has been confirmed by this company. So i wrote them a letter to request the refund back but they refused to refund it because they wanted to see my pay slip! (The best way to contact this Bull**** company is by write to them otherwise you will your money on phoning, they never answered the phone!) I have already contacted the Citizens Advice Bureau and they are willing to take on my case if I don't get the money back.

PS: Please don't listen to this company trust me:-x:-x:-x:-x

Well,well,i got my hubby's money back,the cheque arrived this morning.

They dated the cheque 6/10/09,posted it on the 16/10/09,£64.50.

I sent the letter i posted in my previous post.

Wenthworth are STILL sending letters telling him he's approved for a loan.

:rolleyes:

Hi everyone, I am another victim. Shame I didn't read all of you before..anyway I will go to my bank to cancel my card and to ask for a charge back, then I will send THE letter to Wentworth to refund my money..lets see what happens.

I've got another adress for what is worth:

Ralph Marlon Ltd (personal loans)

Suite6, 1st floor, WIRE House, WIRA Business Park, Leeds. LS16 6EB

Tel 0845 5191 072 Fax 0845 5191 073

Lets hope somebody closes them up soon!!!!

;)

• 1 month later...

Hi

Sorry to jump in on your thread, but i have just been through Wentworth and I am in a worst situation than I was before I searched for them.

Other than being told I had a 15.2% Apr Loan and paying £69. I have now been told that I have not got the loan an I will need to speak to Ralph Marlon Ltd. This is the company who can search for the correct loan for me. Really confused because I paid Wentworth to do this job.

Anyway it gets better.!!

I filled in my form with the relevant documentation needed to them on recorded delivery 1st Class.

I have waited 10 working days as stated by Wentworth Advisor, which is today but nothing.

I phoned Ralph Marlon up and they have advised that they have not received my docs. Yes Royal Mail have now lost my life docs through the Post.

When I advised this to Ralph Marlon they said that there is nothing that they can but advise to apply on there website. So why wasn't this advised at the start.

ARRRHHHHH I am now stuck without a loan of 15.2% Apr, £69 out of pocket and my life has been lost.

Has anyone got some advice as I'm now at breaking point.

Hi

Sorry to jump in on your thread, but i have just been through Wentworth and I am in a worst situation than I was before I searched for them.

Other than being told I had a 15.2% Apr Loan and paying £69. I have now been told that I have not got the loan an I will need to speak to Ralph Marlon Ltd. This is the company who can search for the correct loan for me. Really confused because I paid Wentworth to do this job.

Anyway it gets better.!!

I filled in my form with the relevant documentation needed to them on recorded delivery 1st Class.

I have waited 10 working days as stated by Wentworth Advisor, which is today but nothing.

I phoned Ralph Marlon up and they have advised that they have not received my docs. Yes Royal Mail have now lost my life docs through the Post.

When I advised this to Ralph Marlon they said that there is nothing that they can but advise to apply on there website. So why wasn't this advised at the start.

ARRRHHHHH I am now stuck without a loan of 15.2% Apr, £69 out of pocket and my life has been lost.

Has anyone got some advice as I'm now at breaking point.

Hi Im sorry to hear your misery, they stink that company but il give you some advice as to what I did. We applied the same way. They were due to take out the admin cost of £59.00 on the thursday, which they left til the Monday 14th dec 09, in between this I had rung up and cancelled this agreement, nothing was signed anyhow. They then had the cheek to take out two lots. I sent e-mails and prob like yourselves rung up huge phone bills trying to get hold of them. They said we havent taken out two fees so I faxed them the bank statement, alongside 2 threatening letters, stating that i had contacted my solicitor and for them to refer to the credit consumer act 1974, stating that it is against the law to charge folk more then £5 brokerage fee. I also said i had contacted watchdog, dont get done get Dom from the bbc and I would go to the national papers etc. They had breached their contract as traders. That was Tuesday. Thursday I had a full refund and they hadnt even taken the £5.00 fee out, so it pays to keep on at them, I suggest you send a letter, (recorded delivery) and keep faxing them if you can. I got mine back because of my threatening letters, it scares the **** out of them. Good luck

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

I have had the same experience as you. I applied for a loan on Monday and then read some reviews about the company on the web. I rang them back the same day and told them I wanted to cancel, to which they replied it's all been cancelled and no fees would be taken. However one week later, they took £59 out of my account. I got in touch with the Office of Fair Trading who told me to write to them telling them they broke the law for misrepresentation. I stated the facts in my letter along with given them 2 weeks to refund my money otherwise they i'll take them to court. I got a letter today (25 March 2010) telling me I need to send the a utility bill and a recent payslip in order for them to refund my fee which they will issue in due course. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THEM. I think the cheeck of these people goes beyond the **** of the earth. They'll rot in hell for how they prey on poor, vulnerable people. I think we should start some kind of group against them. I would love to meet the owner of this company. I will be speaking to the OFT to see what they suggest, but rather than communicate with Wentworth anymore, I am just going to issue them with a summons for the small claims court. I'll keep you posted, but please avoid these people with no morals like the plaque.

Skeeloj.

• 4 weeks later...

To all,

I too have been fiddled by these muppets, but luckily havent sent payment as I smelled a rat at the statement of paying a fee.

Upon reading through the last few posts, the people who have been looking up the licence on the FSA register are incorrect...if you read the website, the licence is not with the FSA it is a consumer credit licence and is registered as Wentworth, and another company name, Capital First Loans UK.

See for yourself Public Register

Use Wentworths Consumer Credit Licence No: 469755

Whats more interesting is that if you take a look at their history, and look at the latest application to renew the licence, they have had most of their licence categories removed. just click on the history button at the bottom of the page to see their licence history.

Edited by Invadus

• 1 month later...

Up to above one:D

Funny thing when checked now license expired on the 4th may. They trying only 'keep the face' ; keep probably for founding and resending 'potentials' to 'ugly daughters'. After reading all posts I would like to believe ( even something is tellin' me that ) that all You people are going to win total war soon.

..and by the way cos cannot remind similar case in other posts. Have applied and paid at the begin of April; in the second week received letter from nu-ralph feat. CaFiLo but because I was going abroad didn't bother. Just got back week ago and during cleaning my always mess room found letter nearly forgotten. Of course I wanted to contact them and must say, found that amazing page during discovering alternative number to their burnin' hot-line. Can I still get my money back after (soon) 2 months? Basically except signing and paying, non of the sides haven't done a move; and they should at least contact me. Is this a reason to do something? Don't know, a special purpose letter or similar thing?

• 1 month later...

Dear All

I wanted to let you know that there is a way to solve this.

I was in the same situation as many people on here, having stupidly paid a £59 arrangement fee for a loan that didn't materialise.

The best way to solve the problem is to get onto the Financial Ombudsman. They are away of Wentworth and wrote a letter to them which was followed up by a letter from me. By law such a fee has to be refunded if nothing has been arranged after 6 months have elapsed, and today I have duly received a cheque for £54 (an admin charge had been taken off) which I am more than happy with.

Previously I had gone through Consumer Direct but was making little headway, so get in touch with Financial Ombudsman Service.

Persistence does pay off in the long run, believe me!