Legal action against Nokia online shop

Joony
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I bought a phone from the Nokia online store and am considering taking legal action against them related to the Sale of Goods Act.

The problem is, from their website:

Who owns the online shop?

The Nokia UK Online Shop is owned by and operated by:

Nokia Corporation Keilalahdentie 2-4 02150 Espoo Finland Business identity code 0112038-9 UK VAT number 779064390

This company is the seller of the products in the Nokia UK Online Shop, and is what we mean by "Nokia", "we" or "us".

Although Nokia do have a UK subsidary:
nokia.co.uk is the website of Nokia UK Limited. Nokia UK Limited is an English Company with company number 02212202. Further information about the company is available from its Registered Office at Nokia House, Summit Avenue, Southwood, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 0NG.
What I want to clarify is whether the SoGA still applies as the shop is not based in the UK, and whether I have any claim against Nokia UK Ltd.

Thanks!

Well it's a complicated situation where my phone broke down due to a very common fault, Nokia have repaired, replaced and replaced again the handset and it still doesn't work correctly.

Anyway I am just interested on how consumer law might work with the company set-up Nokia have, rather than my personal situation.