What Made You Smile Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2011 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tried on 2 pairs of jeans today. One pair was a size smaller than I usually have and the others 2 sizes smaller. The 2 sizes smaller ones fit!!! :whoo:

Well done Caro :whoo:incredibly shrinking Caro :D

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

I pmsl at an email I recieved from Wonga today. I found out that they'd started messing around with my debit card and taking money not meant for them.

I had emailed them, being very annoyed and quite rude. Today's response told me they would keep doing it until I organised a repayment plan!! Oooh!! Threats in writing!!! I just love it!!!

OFT here I come!!!! Pmsl!!!!

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink:

Oh and in case anyones wondering why they have my debit card details - it's not my main account and it never has more than £40 in there!!!

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink:

Oh and in case anyones wondering why they have my debit card details - it's not my main account and it never has more than £40 in there!!!

Beware if it's Lloyds Kitten, they seem to allow anything to go out recently, irrespective of OD limits!

Quite funny that Wonga put this in writing!

Watching the birds feeding from my bird stand.

Next door neighbor got bird box and we noticed they are happily feeding from the stand along with others.

Noticed they are going for the fat balls more than the seed

Had a squiral feeding too but noticed it was grey rather than red, so moved stand away from fence as clever little thing was putting off the birds till now. If red would have left it alone :)

Having my first mince pie of the year!!!!

Well as soon as you see the snowy coke a cola advert with Santa on on TV you know that Christmas is just around the corner!!

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Well as soon as you see the snowy coke a cola advert with Santa on on TV you know that Christmas is just around the corner!!

Nowadays , when that advert comes on, Bloody Easter is just around the corner. It gets earlier every year.:|

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

If I didn't have severe dexteritory (sp) and other issues I would be able to do what I want, not just sit here in a 'supervisory' role. I enjoy, and always have done, the simple pleasures of Christmas such as the tree, lights, cosy family time and good food. Most of all though, Christmas to me isn't the commercial 'circus' it's gotten to be, but a time when we can, and should, relate to the rest of the world who and what we are. And the gratitude, joy and spirit of the season should be truly felt, celebrated and spread amongst us, even in the smallest of ways, such as a smile ;)

In the new year I will be continuing my research in to starting a local charity, for people who have been severely affected by brain injury, coma and associated conditions.

As for the mince pies, I shall rely on a good butter based short crust pastry supermarket brand and heat them in the oven whilst listening to the carols :) (I'm not a sweety person so only ever eat one or two throughout the whole Christmas period, but I used to make them as gifts for family and friends).

This is a repost from FB. Please read and let me know your thoughts:

Autism conditions vary so greatly which is why it's commonly called a 'spectrum'. It's not just children. However, they're usually the most important (needing an adult to speak for them) as adults suffering with ASD have bravely learned to varying degrees to help themselves cope more because most of theses conditions weren't identified until approx. 25 years ago. This is very admirable and should be recognised.

Everyone with ASD's and /or co morbid conditions, deserve the right to care, understanding and help to achieve full potential. A lot of the time that may only mean simple, uncomplicated, and certainly not expensive help and support for them, their family and friends.

One major issue is that even with that in place, which it isn't, even in Britain today, is that many doctors, health authorities and care providers just don't have the training and understanding in place to make a significant difference.

Many preconceptions are based on the movie 'Rain Man' starring Dustin Hoffman. The movie was about one very precise type of autism which isn't at all what the whole spectrum is about.

Edited by babybear39
spelling

BB - your last paragraph about Rain Man is so true. I know people who are various parts of the spectrum (from the one who doesn't talk and needs constant supervision due to behaviour and seizures, to the one who is lucky enough to be able to talk and do everything that people his own age can do.)