What Made You Smile Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1999 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont know about the rest but I'm moaning about the Polish

I bought the new mr sheen doobrey the other day express mist it's the hand sprey like an atomiser type thingy it's the nuts and deffo does what it says in the tin..................I hope stellisons get here sooner rather than later i'm missing out on a good drying day ha ha ha ha

Has your new washer arrived yet BurlyB? What's it like? :-)

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

it came and I sent it back DW the packaging and binding was all ripped and bashed in so i told the driver and his mate to shove it and then got my money back from stellisons and tried my best to get one from somewhere else BUT to no avail so I have to drive to rayliegh tomorrow to get one although it's only a 6 kg one this time due to no one could do the 1914 one that I wanted untill mid june and ok my friends will still help me out..............I've had enough and am desperaate to get my utility room finished off now with the washer and our condenser dryer....I just can NOT belive I waited in all day for this and those two DOINKS thinking I was going to accept that thing after what I'd seen "they were trying to re-fix the packaaging on the tail lift of the lorry in my full view" ...................hope my luck changes some day :(

I smiled as my client was a little elderly lady who made me a glass of juice with some ice cubes in ,,, she said she bought a bag of them special as she thought I looked so hot!! I am not sure what way I should have taken it ,, lol,, but I hope it was cos I was sweating buckets whilst painting her hallway this week!!

burlyb you were right to refuse the package as it was damaged, you don't know how it got damaged or what damage was done inside.

This made me smile, pic of my two great nephews feet, tiny foot on left is Elijah, born 7 weeks early at 4lb 10oz and now 1 month old, right is Oscar, 8lb something at birth and now 4 months, old, bit of a difference in size!

Oscar & Elijah 2.jpg

Oh BurlyB! Better to have sent it back though - than to have accepted it and found it's been damaged, as frustrating as I can imagine it was!

Cute feet silly girl! You should try to get a pic of those feet together with them maybe lying on a white blanket or sheet - it would make a great print to have on the wall!

I've been smiling since about 4am listening to a Night Jay in our garden! Beautiful sound!

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

lol sillygirl lovely little feet I they made me smile................especially after the cronic morning I had with this bliddy washing macnine fiasco..............or sorted now and DW i'm hoping now that all goes well and the frist wash is just like a dense damp from its spin so it will take no time to dry on the line.

there was no way I was going to accept that machine yesterday it really did look like it had dragged through a field and the wooden slaats that helped hold it firm were split and the corners smashed so that was enough to put me off it and yes the internals were probably semi wrecked despite the drum securing bars....no way was i going to accpt it.

Have a lovely weekend everyone I have been invited to town for a few beers with two old mates :-):whoo:

Was supposed to have a parcel delivered from Amazon on 'prime' delivery yesterday (smal thin book) and the couriers didn't come.

Got onto Amazon this morning and complained bitterly about the service they chose - HDNL fail to realise I do NOT live in a little block of flats on the 2nd floor but on the ground floor of a huge block. Amazon apologised and refunded the cost of the book with no real hassle - just have to wait till it clears my bank account.

1/2 hour later courier rang doorbell and I had to go out and collect book from manager of courier company - surprising how they could find the entrance and the other driver can't. Parking can be a bit iffy down this road but courier companies are exempt from parking in bays (I checked with council, as long as they don't take more than 10 minutes for a delivery and are a recognised company it is okay).

I think the original driver must have just driven down the road and not bothered to deliver at all - not the first time this has happened.

Phoned Amazon back and explained book had been delivered this morning - they said they had spoken to courier company and they had sent a senior manager out to check - so somebody is going to get a rocket on Monday morning! Amazon also said they had failed to live up to their promise so would not reverse charge back - so I get the £6.99 book for free!

Going to a barbie now, so won't be around for a while.

Seeing little ones tomorrow and will find out if anyone has got their feet in clay - great idea especially as there is so much difference, Elijah's foot isn't as big as my thumb (and I have short thumbs!).

Was supposed to have a parcel delivered from Amazon on 'prime' delivery yesterday (smal thin book) and the couriers didn't come.

Got onto Amazon this morning and complained bitterly about the service they chose - HDNL fail to realise I do NOT live in a little block of flats on the 2nd floor but on the ground floor of a huge block. Amazon apologised and refunded the cost of the book with no real hassle - just have to wait till it clears my bank account.

1/2 hour later courier rang doorbell and I had to go out and collect book from manager of courier company - surprising how they could find the entrance and the other driver can't. Parking can be a bit iffy down this road but courier companies are exempt from parking in bays (I checked with council, as long as they don't take more than 10 minutes for a delivery and are a recognised company it is okay).

I think the original driver must have just driven down the road and not bothered to deliver at all - not the first time this has happened.

Phoned Amazon back and explained book had been delivered this morning - they said they had spoken to courier company and they had sent a senior manager out to check - so somebody is going to get a rocket on Monday morning! Amazon also said they had failed to live up to their promise so would not reverse charge back - so I get the £6.99 book for free!

Going to a barbie now, so won't be around for a while.

Seeing little ones tomorrow and will find out if anyone has got their feet in clay - great idea especially as there is so much difference, Elijah's foot isn't as big as my thumb (and I have short thumbs!).

We helped our friend do a patio a fair few years ago, and we did that with her twin boys! We did a crazy pave section in the middle, and got the boys to put their hands in the wet cement :lol:

She was delighted with it! They're almost 20 now!

"prime" delivery sillygirl the stellisons men who tried to palm me off with a heap of junk looked like prime suspects lol.....at at their warehouse yesterday it was no difference and with it weighing in at 99 kgs I'm glad their was two hefty staff members there to load it and likewise two hefty sons here when I got home to un load "under my directions lol".

I have two little sets of hand prints in an area of our old patio that I laid here DW with the boys hand prints in when they were little and also there is one set set in the path I laid at my late mother in laws house too.

Glad you got your washer sorted BurlyB!

Go over to what made you smile today and tell me all about it!!!

Glad you got your washer sorted BurlyB!

Go over to what made you smile today and tell me all about it!!!

Am I on the wrong thread then !!! :-D

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

No - I've just lost my marbles :pound:

Afternoon Devo :oops:

We have just spotted a dragonfly in our garden! A beautiful blue one :-D

It must have come from the wetland they reintroduced in the forest by us - wow they're amazing!!!

Afternoon Devo :oops:

And good afternoon to you too, it's very kind of you to notice me :-D

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

lol take more ice with it DW .............thinking of the dragon fly they look amaizing and the other ones that are gold-green in metalic colour or is that the same fly lol......you'd love the bird boxes i build DW "they are more like garden art" and from the descriptions you give of your garden they would suit your garden and if fairies were real they would love to live in the little bird box homes I build "good job I know what i mean" lol

peace here due to the elder son went out with friends for a full english breakkie and then came home and is now at the coast with other friends and the other is almost on his way to work and I'm heading for the BIG BLUE again woohoo

Edited by burlyb

And good afternoon to you too, it's very kind of you to notice me :-D

Aww, how could anyone not notice you? :hug:

lol take more ice with it DW .............thinking of the dragon fly they look amaizing and the other ones that are gold-green in metalic colour or is that the same fly lol......you'd love the bird boxes i build DW "they are more like garden art" and from the descriptions you give of your garden they would suit your garden and if fairies were real they would love to live in the little bird box homes I build "good job I know what i mean" lol

peace here due to the elder son went out with friends for a full english breakkie and then came home and is now at the coast with other friends and the other is almost on his way to work and I'm heading for the BIG BLUE again woohoo

Hmmmm - you build bird boxes? :madgrin: Perhaps you shouldn't have told me that :lol:

I'd like a couple of decent sized bird boxes for the blue tits! At the moment we have Blackbirds nesting in the Leylandii, Collared doves nesting in the over hang of our neighbours Silver Birch, House Sparrows seem to try to nest in our Honeysuckle, but they seem to like the guttering, and we can quite often be hit on the head by their nesting materiel lol! We also get Treecreepers in the Honeysuckle too, they adore it! Everyone has House Maritns in the eaves on their roof, little Owls, Night Jays, and we used to get the same Jackdaw pair every year nesting in our chimney - till we opened up the fire and had the chimney swept, and a cover installed (we waited till the babies had fledged the nest though) - they looked really upset and confused when they came back the first year and couldn't nest there :sad:

We're just at the moment choosing some fruit trees to attract more breeds that we have here, but on the top of my list is a Silver Birch of my own, as the Chaffinches loves them, they are one of my favourite birds aside the Blackbird! Oh and the Nigh Jays crack me up, they can be very easily mistaken for a toad or a frog with the noise they make :lol:

You don't make large bird feeding tables to you? Or know anyone who makes them? All the ones I've seen don't have a large enough table on them as I like to put out bowls of water for them to drink and bath in as well as food - I'm using my patio table at the moment which isn't ideal.

BurlyB? If you could, and wouldn't mind - would it be possible to upload a couple of pictures of the nesting boxes you make please? :oops:

just back from sainsburys where I did a good deed.........gave the little old lady her card back that she left in the chip n pin thingy.....I only noticed it when I tried to chuck my card in it.....chuffed here due to the huge smile and heaps of thanks :-)

This

made me smile big time. All men will hate him. All women will want to have had it done like this ;)

That made me cry through my smile!!!!!