sky told me wrong DD amount and now im being charged

lauraM1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thanks for the advice. well sky just told me that they couldnt deal with refunds as it would need to be checked what was said on the actual convo and that is why they gave me the email address for sky customer relations, which now i am told on here, it doesnt exsist? so a week wasted.

i wasnt with sky in 2007, but the DD guarantee that i have says they are meant to advise me of any changes 10days before payment date, and i wasnt sent anything. they seemed to have chosen long ago to stop sending me my statements, even though i repeatedly ring up and ask for them and tell them i want them sent to me

but to be honest despite all that, if im told something on the phone, i expect that to be the facts, surely? i took the time to ask the question and believed what i was told. arrghh annoys me so much, thanks for reply though hun

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just noticed that you'd said id prob been referred to relations as sky told me no refund, not at all hun, they said they cant deal with a refund. and to give me an email address that is obsilet?? whats that all about. arrgghhh xxxx

any sky customer services operator can issue a refund. thats why I presumsed the above

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

well then i am even more baffled, maybe its because he didnt believe what id been told so i was referred so the call could be checked? im not sure.

he never actually used the words, im not issuing a refund, he simply said it was done with them and gave me the sky relations address.

i got the recepit for my email to contact us part on sky, but its frustrating because you only have 1000, so its been very brief and blunt, not going over things like ive never asked for my statements to be stopped and therefore it should of been on a paper statement, or that the DD guarantee states il be informed of any changes 10days before due date, etc etc

Hi try emailing this guy he is the CEO of sky, we had a problem we ordered HD, then had to cancel because the person couldn't put a credit of £9.75 to our sky account for the free month, got told no money would be taken, they did 4 days later. Rang CS, told refund issued after countless lies of being told it should be in on A,B,C days, we spoke to customer relations, who said refund had gone back, it hadn't they then had to re issue refund as they had mucked it up, so emailed him, 2 days later customer relations on phone saying refund should be back in the account on X day, i then went for Julie's bank charges because of them taking money, asked to send letter from bank stating how much, letter now sent and awaiting a call from Debbie Tant at Sky CR to let us know when bank charges will be refunded and now going for compensation as they brought Julie out in hives due to the stress. also got told by CR if they issue a refund the system they use won't allow the full amount to be refunded, so you may find if they do refund it's 2p short or so, or they will put it back to your sky bill, only problem with us is that I pay the sky bill and not Julie. So it would not be allowed as it would be going back to the wrong account.

So try this Guy

jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com

Let us know if it works

Edited by Gary29

If what we say helps you, then please tip the scales.:cool:

Thats Ok, can honestly say that address works. We even a call from Sky and when we rung CS back they had no idea who had called, all they knew was that it was a number from upon high.

If what we say helps you, then please tip the scales.:cool:

laura i have a copy of a current dd guarantee, its only just been sent to me

It says and i quote ''if the amounts to be paid or the payment dates change,SSSL will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed''

My view is.....they will use the 'otherwise agreed' bit as an wriggle out clause :-x

Just so you are aware

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

yes im sure they will, but wouldnt that be where the recording of the convo kicks into place? although when i rang them other day i realised they cleverly say 'we may record some call for training purposes' or something like that, although the word SOME is the key, so if its something against them, they can say no record of the call, then its just my word against them which of course il lose.

thats the annoying part.

oh and i did email that jeremy guy and the mail got returned with a message about the address having fatal errors, so back to square one again

That could be because the email addy said bskyc instead of bskyb

try changing it

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

hi,

just wanted to let you all know that sky finally decided to get in touch and have waivered the difference in amounts, stating 'as a goodwill gesture' they didnt actually say i was right, but im guessing they listened to the call and just didnt want to admit it.

anyway a good outcome thank god

Way to go laura, well done

See what a bit of determination can do? ;)

well yes that and knowing i was in the right ha. i know it was said by someone on here that maybe i misunderstood what i was told etc, or simply that i was naive to have believed that no changes would be made in feb. whatever the case, i knew what id been told and had to stick by my guns.

thank you to everyone who helped me resolve the situation

laura x