Mbna

Capricorn1601
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks squid

I have just had the one call, which I was really surprised at as it was to my work mobile. Although I think I did once call them from it when they claimed I was late with a payment so dropped me off their preferential rate. I have labelled the number in my phone so I know not to answer it if they call again.

I have read on another link somewhere that they claim to be a telephone company only and will not communicate through letter. Is this not the case? Will they threaten to come to my house?

Do you have a contact address so I too can send the letter to them.

Thanks

There is no such thing as a 0% credit card....... someone out there is paying for it, and for once its not going to be me.:razz:

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi my OH is in dispute with MBNA, I have sent the harassment letter but it doesn't make that much difference to be honest as they are a law to themselves.

I then emailed Consumer Direct here is their website Consumer Direct and complained to them about MBNA and RMA in particular how they have breached the Debt Collection Guidance, Final Guidance on Unfair Business Practices they responded straight away and gave me a case number and asked me to make a note of the dates/times of calls. They are also reporting MBNA to Trading Standards.

I have also CCA'd RMA and have now sent a Subject Access Request to MBNA this seems to be keeping them busy for the time being!

Thanks

thats really useful

I will send the letter as advised by Squid but also lodge a complaint and log everything. Hopefully If they only have my work mobile it wont be too difficult to do.

There is no such thing as a 0% credit card....... someone out there is paying for it, and for once its not going to be me.:razz:

hi capricorn i'm going through exactly the same as you at the mo hang in there and be strong MBNA are a law unto themselves and the way through is to be systematic keep the letters going

Thanks all

Had another call from them this morning. Again I didnt answer. I have sent them the letter as advised above quoting the reference they left in the answerphone message.

The bastards are ignoring my letter, they tried ringing me today from a different number. Told them they had the wrong number!!

Just had a letter from them (MBNA) saying their investigations are taking longer and will get back to me by 4th June. These people really make me laugh. Either they have my CCA or they dont.

Hi There

I sent MBNA a CCA request on the 1st April - no response :)

Put the account in dispute on the 22nd April (Allowing for easter break ) - no response :)

Had RMA calling me 3 or more times a day told them accounts in dispute with MBNA they said it isn't :mad:

Sent RMA a letter to say most definitely is showing my bemusement :)

Sent telephone Harassment letter :mad:

More Phone calls Ignored

Sent RMA copies if CCA request and account in dispute with Postal order receipts and signed for at MBNA in Chester.

Had more phone calls so today I answer all until the security questions and Then I confirmed all of the above to the person on phone :-D

I just got in before he hung up "perhaps you could send all this to MBNA as they seem to ignore my requests" phone went down.

Hmmm I wonder if they call back !

Squidward

Oh Consumer Direct etc have been informed of there non compliance of the oft guidelines.

Hehe, I am playing hard to find at the moment.

Didnt pay my account last month as in dispute.

Phone calls started saturday, about 8 in the morning (as if I am a teenager with my mobile tucked under my pillow, I am very unlikely to answer at that time of the morning). They left a message for me to call them back before 4. As If!!!!

Second call Monday, again around 8ish, so I was in the car on my way to work. And we all know its illegal to answer whilst driving. They left a message again.

I sent them the "I am bemused letter on Monday" quoting their reference even though I hadnt actually spoken to them.

Tuesday, nothing.

Wednesday, another call, mid afternoon using a different number. As I didnt recognise it I was on my guard but answered.

Me - Hello how can I help you?

RMA - "Hello can we speak to Capricorn please?"

Me - Sorry I think you must have the wrong number

RMA - Oh sorry to bother you.

Hangs up.

So far nothing to day but I'm ready for them. Lets see how about:

"Hello veronica speaking, before you speak I must tell you I am stood here stark naked"

or

"Hi RMA, do you have any jobs going?"

"Good afternoon RMA this is battersea dogs home, Jack Russel speaking"

I feel like having a bit of fun with them.

hi sqiudward and capricorn

just to let you know i recieved a cca from MBNA with no signature on it today (its probably what the wished i signed) the stated that they are not obliged to send me one with my signature on it so i'm SAR ing them today the letter was from their ADVOCATE DEPARTMENT he he they are trying alsorts of scare tac tics also getting lots of letters and phone calls from RMA i'm gonna send them a cca request too unless anyone out there has any better ideas

hi squidward

the address i have from them on their last letter is:

gail powell

customer advocate office

mbna europe bank ltd

po box 30

chester business park

chester ch4 9fd

same one really but a different dept

good luck

I use this one:

MBNA Europe Bank Limited

P O Box 30

Chester Business Park

Chester

CH4 9FD

Who do you write to in the Advocate Office? My little letter writer is Gail Powell

PS Mine is an Ex Homebase Credit Card which was taken over by MBNA. Not sure exactly when taken out I think around 2002

This is the address I've been sending my letters to :-

Abbey Credit Card Services

P.O. Box 1004

Chester Business Park

Chester,

CH4 9WW

This was given to me by Abbey MBNA when I asked who to address the letter too

I haven't been designated a letter writer yet :rolleyes: just a bottomless draw in someones desk !

Squidward

Edited by squidward

Do you think so ?

Could be no CCA :-D

or

They're infernal mail is slow to non existent :rolleyes:

or MBNA being MBNA hoping I'll give in !!

Lots of mail and call from RMA I get the feeling they dish the accounts out like toffees so they can hide behind these third party DCA's deliberately avoiding the issues in hand !!!

IMHO

Squidward