Bookie and DLA... ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5274 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

LOl, no, it's just I need a bit of time to absorb it all.

Big scoop: Under my brash confident exterior, there is a very insecure, anxious, and unsure of herself person. I am now being told left, right and centre from people who know me that they never doubted me, but *I* doubted myself. I really didn't think I could win this and I am still reeling from the fact that I did.

I'll post more tomorrow once things have sunk in a bit, I'm still at the "I cannot believe it!" stage. :-D

• Haha 1

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Bookie :D

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

Well done bookie :D

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Well if anyone deserves something to go their way it is you.

Now that you have finished this task, maybe in your spare time you can take on the banks, you would do a better job than that OFT.

Edited by GuidoT

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Well if anyone deserves something to go their way it is you.

Now that you have finished this task, maybe in your spare time you can take on the banks, you would do a better job than that OFT.

Yep defently would. I think bookie would make a better supremem court Judge tho.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Just look forward to the backdated cheque :D

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

just read ur thread from the beginning to end my heart is still pounding so happy for you:) it brought back memories for me last year and all that fighting that you have to do!when i won for my boy i took my kids home and just cried as i didnt realise just how much pressure i was under. ive sent off my sons renewal form a couple of weeksago so im praying i wont have to go to tribuneral again! this time i got help filling theform out from the advice centre pleaseexcuse thenospacing as my son's episode involved droping the laptop andseeing ifit still works?:( but once again congrats!!!!!:)

Just caught up with this Bookworm, well done you and the DWP really should sort out their system when somebody has such a compelling case against them and yet the still continue to see it to the end. In a crimminal/civil court if the balance of probabilty and evidence is seriously against you you're normally advised to consider changing your plea/stance ...Why it doesn't apply to the DWP is anyones guess.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

Well done. Been following you for ages. Been through benefits system myself and you should be very,very proud of yourself.I know that this does not take away the health problems but I Hope you have a lovely Christmas.

IF I HAVE BEEN ANY HELP AT ALL OR JUST MADE YOU LAUGH AT MY STUPIDITY PLEASE MARK MY PERFORMANCE!

ALSO REMEMBER TO DONATE. EVERY LITTLE HELPS AND THE FORUMS ARE FOR YOU!;)

• 2 weeks later...

Final update: Backdate came yesterday! :-D

Considering the chap from the DWP they had sent at tribunal had said it would be unlikley to be sorted before January, I'm afraid I must break from my Bah-Humbug tradition and say: "Merry Christmas to ME!!!!" :-D

It also means that the next payment (due on Tuesday) will be full bubble, so double hooray. :razz:

However, and to keep in line with the DWP's usual efficiency, I today got the notif of the backdated payment AND another letter asking me for the bank details where I want the money paid into... That's the money they paid into my regular account yesterday. :razz: Bless their incompetent socks. :razz:

Oh, and my cup runneth over: I have been told that I now will qualify for 8 hrs respite a month from Crossroads! :shock: I don't even know what I am going to do with it, I'm so used to not having any help! :-D

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda :D