John Lewis online dreadful service

spencer1959
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5610 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been trying to sort out an order placed with John Lewis Online placed early December 2008. I have sent many, many emails to them to trying to sort out the mess and have got nowhere.

There so-called customer services are useless. I have even written to their managing director to see if he is aware of the terrible way that he’s staff handles a simple order.:evil::evil::evil::evil:

I’m not sure what else I can do to get them to fulfil my order. My advise to anyone else is to avoid John Lewis Online service.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world:

Those who understand binary and those who don't.:rolleyes:

First thing , John Lewis Direct call staff are not actually John Lewis employees , this is all done by an agency.

But what are the details of your discrepency , because in all dealings that I have had with John lewis direct , they have bent over backwards to rectify things ,

Have you called them or just emailed them ?

Have you checked , is the item showing as in stock ?

Have you actually paid for the item and are just waiting for delivery ?

Very surprising to hear negative feedback about John Lewis.

I would suggest calling their customer services and see what they say. This means their many branch customer services.

If you don't get any joy - then you'll have to take the susual remedial action

First thing , John Lewis Direct call staff are not actually John Lewis employees , this is all done by an agency.

But what are the details of your discrepency , because in all dealings that I have had with John lewis direct , they have bent over backwards to rectify things ,

Have you called them or just emailed them ?

Have you checked , is the item showing as in stock ?

Have you actually paid for the item and are just waiting for delivery ?

Yes i have called them and emailed them god knows how many times. ( they even phoned me once ) Yes I have paid for the items.

You say they use a call center hmmm.

The order was for several kitchen items two of which were damaged by the delivery driver(s). One was replaced but i cant get the second replacement even after returning the broken one.

As a poster above suggested , try calling your local John Lewis Branch , as the items have probably come from there anyway.

Remember that the person you speak to will probably not know anything about your order (since it was a JL Direct order) , but if you explain it all to them in a calm manner but explain your frustrations, then i am confident that they will chase it up for you and if as is probably the case , its just an issue of getting hold of the parts you need , then at least they should explain fully to you what the delay is.

John lewis will always strive to sort out any customer issues , but sometimes it may just be that you are not talking to the correct person.

I will keep my eye on this post to see how you get on. :)

This is the reply to a letter I sent to John Lewis Directs MD, received from John Lewis and dated 13th January 2009

Your Letter Addressed to Robin Terrell has arrived in his absence and i hope you do not mind that I have taken the decision to respond to avoid any further delay :cool: .

I am very sorry to read of your disappointment with the level of service you have been offered. However, as I am sure you will appreciate, our customer service team :evil:are best placed to manage things:cool: and therefore, I have asked one of our Customer Relations Managers to review the concerns raised and to respond to you directly. I will of course be kept informed.

I hope that in this way we can speedily:cool: resolve matters and restore your confidence in us.

Yours sincerely

Assistant to the Managing Director.

Its now Saturday 17th January and I have heard nothing yet.:-?

Update:

I just got a call from John Lewis Direct.

They said that they would send the goods out right away and have offered to refund the cost as a gesture of goodwill.:D

Think i'll leave it there for now and see if it arrives ( it was promissed before and never turned up ) Guess I should cross something.

Delivered Monday morning :) phew! ( in fact 2 of them arrived )

John Lewis Phoned today to say that I could keep both items and that a refund would be issued on my credit card:smile::smile::smile::smile: Thank you Leslie Hardy you have been a great help. REsolved

Edited by spencer1959
update