Isn't it about time the culprits apologised for this mess they've got us into?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You'll never get an apology. Just a gesture of good will.

This may sound stupid but is that not the same thing in a way?

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

No it isn't.

An apology means "I admit I have made a mistake and I am sorry"

A gesture of goodwill means "I do not accept liability in any way, shape or form but to make you go away and stop berating me about the mistake(s) I made but which I will not admit to making (and am having a great deal of difficulty trying to persuade you that I am not liable for because you and I both know I am guilty) I'll give you a fiver/bunch of flowers/bottle of wine"

My posts are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. You should seek the advice of a qualified insured professional.

but what if they dont put as a guesture of goodwill?

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Oh rite so if they say as a guesture of wood will then its a guesture of good will

But if they put

We are giving you this money back then its still a guesture of good will even tho they have not said that.

It's still a gesture of goodwill ;)

Oh rite so if they say as a guesture of wood will then its a guesture of good will

But if they put

We are giving you this money back then its still a guesture of good will even tho they have not said that.

:confused::confused::Dxxkia

:confused::confused::D you n me both kia :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

well i have asked if they dont put a guesture of goodwill is it them admitting there mistake. I was told no as it is still a guesture of good will.

i know that

Oh But if they put We are giving you this money back then its still a guesture of good will even tho they have not said that.
If they give you a "present" without apologising they're making a gesture of goodwill whether they say so or not.

My posts are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. You should seek the advice of a qualified insured professional.

Will Sir Fred Goodwin hand back his 2004 knighthood "for services to the banking industry", last year's £2.88m bonus, his £500k+ annual pension and his reported guaranteed payoff of at least £1.2 million (last year's basic salary) when he resigns?

Time to restore a modicum of honour Fred.

Will Sir Fred Goodwin hand back his 2004 knighthood "for services to the banking industry", last year's £2.88m bonus, his £500k+ annual pension and his reported guaranteed payoff of at least £1.2 million (last year's basic salary) when he resigns?

Time to restore a modicum of honour Fred.

Oh look, the Pig Red Arrows!!! ;)

Eh? Please translate :?

Flying pigs !!:D

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Oh look, the Pig Red Arrows!!! ;)

I don't understand what flying pigs have to do with what I posted.

Also, I'm not aware of any connection the Red Arrows, a marvellous, acrobatic, non-combatitive, flying squadron have with flying pigs.

;) I am sure he could not give a flying fig never mind pig about his knighthood. He has his loot and lots of it, he will be on holiday soon, looking at the mess he helped to create from afar. I think criminal charges should be brought down on his head and many others, but you can bet nothing will happen to any of them. If it was us being late with a payment or going over our overdraft limit then as usuall there would be hell to pay.

In other words give back my knighthood, not on your nelly mate, hence pigs flying rarely seen if ever

Thank you for your clarification PGH - an unfortunate turn of phase used originally then.