Oft Test Case Results: Stand By

SPROUTY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5711 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This from daily court lists for tomorrow:

COURT 73

Before MR JUSTICE ANDREW SMITH

Not before 16:30

For Judgment

2007-1186 Office of Fair Trading v Abbey National PLC

'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.'

Thomas Jefferson 1802

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be handed down tomorrow!!

The the judgment will be available on the Court Service website shortly after 4.30.

Great way to hide it amongst all the other bad news for banks and you can bet your bottom dollar the banks have allowed for this "eventuality" in their demands to Gordon for an additional £50Bn ..so its genius if your a banker (under the circumstances) they will not be perceived as the villans (sorry MR Lehman Bros. that 's you) and UK tax payer foots the bill..WELL DONE (not)

Edited by SPROUTY
news update

'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.'

Thomas Jefferson 1802

Wouldnt it list the other banks?

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

No ...Check out the Claim No. Folio 2007/1186 Its the same...no doubt!

Thomas Jefferson 1802

They did say it would be around October time!

Fingers crossed

IVA Entry Removed

Nationwide Default Removed

Nationwide Joint Account Default Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Blackhorse Car Finance Court Claim - Won

I knew i saw october somewhere. Tommorrows hearing is just more legalities, just found following off BBC website.

this autumn Mr Justice Andrew Smith will rule if the OFT can also scrutinise the fairness of the historic terms formerly used by banks for their overdraft charges in the past

he will also rule if any historic bank terms are unfair penalties under common law, as well as potentially under the 1999 Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts regulations

in October there will be an appeal by the banks against the OFT's initial High Court victory in April

and in late 2008/early 2009, a High Court hearing is expected to start on the substantive issue of whether or not bank overdraft charges are unfair - in effect a challenge by the banks to an anticipated adverse ruling by the OFT

IVA Entry Removed

Nationwide Default Removed

Nationwide Joint Account Default Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Blackhorse Car Finance Court Claim - Won

I think it would be a lot more effective just to give £50 Billion to the UK Population of around 65 Million. Just share it out amongst us instead of giving it all to Gordon Broon's banking mates.

Instant boost to the economy, and the majority would soon end up as real bank deposits...out of the direct reach of the bankers just to pay themselves with.

Most would get spent straight away. Any placed into bank and Building Society Deposit Accounts would be available for the bankers to re-lend, so what have they got to moan about.

Government would get an almost instant return via VAT from all the Sales, and then even more VAT from all the repeat sales that would result as that £50BN whizzed in and out of bank accounts. Property market would lift, so Stamp Duty receipts would rise too, harvesting more funds back to the Government.

The whole lot would more or less flow through bank accounts anyway, giving the bankers the cash flow injection up their bottom they feel they need.

I think that would be £50BN well spent.

On the other hand...give £50BN to prop up a banking system that is already rotten to the core? The first £25BN will just disappear to fix the immediate banking mess, leaving maybe 1p to help Small Businesses and other Customers.

They'll need the second £25BN just to pay back all of the Unlawful Bank Charges (after they've Paid themselves a £24BN bonus for the extra work)!

The bankers must think their Christmas has come early.

Which it has, to be honest. The bankers can't even get it right in a business that can make money, and yet now they get £50BN from their politico-banking friends just to help them out of their own sordid mess.

I noticed that Gordon Broon ducked the question about where was this money coming from then? He was not at all keen to fess up to the fact that it's just a big fat Government IOU, and the £50BN is actually just smoke and mirrors.

Gordon rubbed Alistair's Lamp and the Number-Money Genie (that nobody else can see) popped out and created £50BN of brand new Number-Money (that nobody else can see).

You could not make up a better Fairy Story if you tried.

Cheers,

BRW

hello brw,

I think it would be a lot more effective just to give £50 Billion to the UK Population of around 65 Million. Just share it out amongst us instead of giving it all to Gordon Broon's banking mates.

Instant boost to the economy, and the majority would soon end up as real bank deposits...out of the direct reach of the bankers just to pay themselves with.

Most would get spent straight away. Any placed into bank and Building Society Deposit Accounts would be available for the bankers to re-lend, so what have they got to moan about.

Government would get an almost instant return via VAT from all the Sales, and then even more VAT from all the repeat sales that would result as that £50BN whizzed in and out of bank accounts. Property market would lift, so Stamp Duty receipts would rise too, harvesting more funds back to the Government.

The whole lot would more or less flow through bank accounts anyway, giving the bankers the cash flow injection up their bottom they feel they need.

I think that would be £50BN well spent.

On the other hand...give £50BN to prop up a banking system that is already rotten to the core? The first £25BN will just disappear to fix the immediate banking mess, leaving maybe 1p to help Small Businesses and other Customers.

They'll need the second £25BN just to pay back all of the Unlawful Bank Charges (after they've Paid themselves a £24BN bonus for the extra work)!

The bankers must think their Christmas has come early.

Which it has, to be honest. The bankers can't even get it right in a business that can make money, and yet now they get £50BN from their politico-banking friends just to help them out of their own sordid mess.

I noticed that Gordon Broon ducked the question about where was this money coming from then? He was not at all keen to fess up to the fact that it's just a big fat Government IOU, and the £50BN is actually just smoke and mirrors.

Gordon rubbed Alistair's Lamp and the Number-Money Genie (that nobody else can see) popped out and created £50BN of brand new Number-Money (that nobody else can see).

You could not make up a better Fairy Story if you tried.

Cheers,

BRW

Excellent brw first a banana and now spot on economist.

You are keeping people going with a smile on their faces even though the subject is very serious.

Hopefully the FOS will uphold my three complaints against RBS and give me a slice of this £50b some of which after all is probably mine anyway:roll:

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hello aa!

What's the betting a Fix has gone in, and the OFT Test Case Result will be another fudge, some other delay.

Pressure from Government onto the Judicial System to make sure this issue stays buried for a little longer.

It's a good day for them to bury bad news, after all.

Cheers,

BRW

just 2 points to make....

firstly that would require the government to actually do something that would benifit the hard working tax payers of this country....

and secondly

if we were all to receive the £1 million , i know i would not attend full time employment until the money was spent . so the country would fold overnight lol

Hello Prangers!

if we were all to receive the £1 million , i know i would not attend full time employment until the money was spent . so the country would fold overnight lol

Sadly, I think it's American Billions, i.e. 1000 x £Million, not how we once used to calculate Billions, as in Million x £Million.

So, £50BN split amongst all 65m of us, only works out at about £750 each.

So, don't give up the Day Job just yet! I think that'll only pay for a long weekend on the razzle and a very well deserved hang-over!

However, according to Gordon Broon, the £50BN is going to cost us about £2,000 each.

I was never that good at Maths, but I make that around £80BN not £50BN, that's if we assume there are maybe 40 Million Tax Payers (i.e. 40m Tax Payers and 25m Kids, rough guess, I dunno to be honest).

40m x £2,000 = £80BN

So, the bankers get £50BN, but that somehow swells until it costs us £80BN.

This just gets better and better!

I wonder if they have really thought this one through?

Cheers,

BRW

TALKING ABOUT "TELEPHONE NUMBERS"

Any one out there know how much the 8 banks who are benefitting from this government "inititive" have made in profits since our current government came into power.

I bet its over £1trillion thats £1,000,000,000,000.00p

That would be £16,700 for every man woman and child in the UK

Where did that go then?

Thomas Jefferson 1802

Hello Sprouty!

Where did that go then?

You have to remember that it's a tough life being a real banker.

Yachts don't come cheap you know, nor the Golf Club Fees, nor the Bentley, nor the Lap Dancing Club, nor the, ahem, brown envelopes for their Politician mates, nor the Village People Morris Dancing Outfit with peek-a-boo trousers for that other Club...:eek:

£50BN is the least reward they can expect from their wannabe banker mates busy pretending to be in Government and pretending to know what they are doing!

Cheers,

BRW

Not all bankers are like that!

All the bankers I know are really nice chaps with tendancy to enjoy the finer things in life (some times as legitamate company expenses) including wines, very fine columbian products and extra fine ladies underware products.

It is a little unfair of us to be so judgemental and "tar them all with the same brush" I am sure the banks would not want us perceiving them in this way, after all look at those forward thinking "bankers" on the NATWEST advert (playing golf in spain) created by the banking industry to show how high esteem we should hold them in.

There are without doubt a few good eggs out their who do not deserve to be labled :

OVER PAID, MANIPULATIVE (thats right Mr Brown), "B"ANKERS

but then what do I know ?

Thomas Jefferson 1802

News from the court so far:

Historic T & Cs are not capable of being penalties

(now up to OFT to appeal that bit) No surprises to most though I Guess!

Appeal expected to commence 28 October (ties in with fsa extension of waiver until Jan 2009)

UTCCR Being handed down now

Thomas Jefferson 1802

Sorry, post removed as I inadvertently duplicated it.

Edited by Fred_Funk

NatWest: seeking unlawful charges + interest incurred as a result of those charges of £4,292.82 and contractual interest (compounded) of £4,559.41. Court claim issued 16.01.08; acknowledgement of service filled by Cobbetts on 30.01.08

NO THEY MOST CERTAINLY HAVE NOT WON!

It means the bit about penalties may have to be dropped from our claims but UTCCR argument will continue (all be it the banks will probably appeal setting things back to January 2009 (spooky thats when the FSA waiver was extended to !!..surly they cant have known how this was likely to go?)

Thomas Jefferson 1802

News from the court so far:

Historic T & Cs are not capable of being penalties

A year ago I would have understood the implications of that ruling but after all this time I can't think straight - can someone please explain just what this means to those of us who have had our claims stayed.

Ta muchly.

Edited by Fred_Funk

NatWest: seeking unlawful charges + interest incurred as a result of those charges of £4,292.82 and contractual interest (compounded) of £4,559.41. Court claim issued 16.01.08; acknowledgement of service filled by Cobbetts on 30.01.08