Oft Test Case Results: Stand By

SPROUTY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5700 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred,

your case is likely to be stayed until January, by which time we should know the results of any appeal on UTCCR. You may need to amend your POC accordingly, but thats allowed.

Adamski can you expand a bit ?

'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.'

Thomas Jefferson 1802

ADAMSKI

If OFT appeal penalties and win then they will be back on the agenda.

On the other hand

If Banks appeal UTCCR and win we would have to find another rout to claim.

Its still up in the air !

however

at the moment it is IMPORTANT that any one who has not registered their claim, do so, as time is frozen in terms of the six year statute whilst the case progresses through the courts. Once its over any would be claiments may find they have lost 18 months of charges due to their lethargy in getting the claim in.

Thats my take on it

'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.'

Thomas Jefferson 1802

okay so basically, all claims are still being stayed until january ???

looks like im gonna have to get a hardship letter template in place then coz theres no way i can wait any longer....

HSBC Credit Card - CCA sent 16.09.08 - Received a blank form

Barclays Partner Finance - CCA sent 16.09.08 - Recieved nothing

GE Capital Bank - CCA sent 16.09.08 - Received signed true copy

Argos Card Services - CCA sent 16.09.08 - Received nothing

having read through the lines of the judgement, I feel this is about it being a penalty and it looks like its down to each banks T & Cs which makes it very complicated,

but I still feel this is really in the banks favour, looks like Lloyds, Clydesdale and RBOS are still under consideration on the penalty issue but the rest the judge has ruled are not penalties according to their T&Cs I am sure he will rule in favour of the others as well, our only hope now is the UTCCR issue, but somehow I have my doubts on that as well.

I assume the judgment on UTCCR has been reserved

Frustrating but I will be suprised if having found the modern T&Cs comming under UTCCR, he finds the old stff exempt from UTCCR !

Otherwise why did the Bank's scramble to change their T& Cs on the run in to the test case ? (in Nov 2007).

Thats my opinion

Thomas Jefferson 1802

So what does this mean for people, in practical terms?

My claim is with the Halifax, with a recent request for hardship. I can't get a peep out of them, they won't even tell me if they have my hardship application! Is all lost- tried reading the judgement but my brain doesn't seem to be firing on all cylinders... Must be the shock of CAG being under threat!:confused:

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Does anybody else think that the banks might win this by now claiming they cant afford to repay any charges (penalties) in this present climate and so leaving joe public out of pocket yet again?

Sytra

No,

this would not be a valid excuse

Plenty of people being sued by the banks that cant afford it yet the courts still press on them.

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

What if (when) the banks come out on top, could they reclaim money paid on earlier claims. Reading the judgment above IMO, doesn't look good for claimants.

Donate to keep this site open

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

no, they can't. Because they never actually offer you the charges back but a 'goodwill' payment equal to that amount, to resolve your complaint without admitting anything.

if the case goes our way, we can say the actualt charges have never been paid ....

Having read through the judgement it seems to me that "Matron" has come to the rescue of the poor boys in the city. Evidently a spade is not a spade when it comes to the banks. I don't hold out much hope of seeing a plugged nickle from the banks. I certainly feel that this is a slap in the face for the common man and then to add insult to injury our taxes are going to be used to rescue the incompetent bankers so they can continue to fleece us with their punative charges, my hasn't Labour come a long way!!. I never ever thought I would say this but I think we need a revolution to redress the balance.

Yep, thats the way it looked to me. The last thing they will want to happen is a run on bank charges.

I think it is chambolic and a major shake up is needed including, the FSA who sat back and watched Northern Rock lending out 125% to folks.

The chairman of the RBS has walked with 500K pension, nice work if you can get it.

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

how sad are we to allow this to happen, our vote seems worthless, they (the bankers) seem to do what they want when they want with impunity and prosper into the bargain

British public will normally allow concrete to drop on top of them where as the French would be in the streets, blockading the ports and setting fire to sheep..we just keep moaning and groaning about everything then, swallow it.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

Hello all,

posted by nevos.

The chairman of the RBS has walked with 500K pension, nice work if you can get it.

It's actually £579.000 per annum up to over £8m as I understand it. And he just slips quietly into the shadows with no apology.

Then Chair of the BBA says yes banks have to take risks but not big ones:eek: (So risks are acceptable then?)

Just make sure the risks are small? Not £12bn ABN Amro, Not £12bn rights issues to the shareholders. Just £1.4bn Mis-sold PPI policies and a stack of unfair charges to boot.

Angry JUST A TAD:evil:

If I am now as a taxpayer a shareholder in RBS to the tune of 63% should I be writing to myself asking for over £20k in mis-sold PPI to be refunded to myself copying the letter to countless millions of other folks? and threatening to go to the FOS about myself or threatening me to take me to court?

Lets hope the FSA don't have my address as I cannot afford a big fine at the moment.

keep at them;)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

To be fair, we usually eat the sheep once it's cooked. :-D

sorry but at this time of the evening , these few last posts were funny, thank you

well, i kind of think we are a little too stuffed but who knows what this mad world next brings to us

so the advice is get your claims in to the bank, get their reply , then file to court and wait for jan 09

if then we may get some money or not

i think some of the banks are very happy this appears to them its gone their way so is there really any hope or point in us actually sending in our claims even now?

im not sure whats best to do if for those of us havent yet put in our claims at this moment of time

too late off to bed catch up tomorrow and see for any updates thanks maz:confused:

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Well, they should be happy, this has very much gone their way, yes.

If the charges (past and present T&Cs) had been found to be penalties, then the banks would have had to refund every one of them in full to every customer they had ever charged, quite possibly without the customer actually having to do the legwork (although that's a stretch, past history shows that we are still supposed to ask for it or risk losing it altogether, see endowment policies :rolleyes:). Can you imagine?

With the charges not penalties, we now have to rely solely on the UTCCR and come under the umbrella of the OFT deciding on whether the charges are fair or not. Ok, so indications are good that the OFT WILL find the charges unfair, but this means that consumers still will have to go and ask the bank for their charges back and that the banks will then manage to convince a good few people that they only have to repay part of the charges, altogether the banks will save a huge amount of money that way. :-(

My feeling is that we peasants have been slapped back down in our place by the judiciary, how dare we have taken the law and used it to gain justice in the first place instead of letting our betters decide for us? Yeah well, if it hadn't been for us peasants, the OFT would have been quite happy to carry on letting the banks fleecing us until the cows came home. Oh, they can say now that they want to make sure consumers get the best deal and what not, but some of us do remember that if you were to go to the FOS and/or OFT 3 years ago, the response would have been quite different.

Sorry, I digress.

So yes, the advice is still to get your claims in, but only use the UTCCR argument.