CL Finance/Cohen Claimform - MBNA [ryanair] Credit Card debt **WON**

Gazza112
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5086 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi CitizenB

This aggreement that i have, has my name and my 16 dig number printed onto the front cover.

When i get time i'll scall this and put this up so you can see.

Other than that i'm thinking of sending Abbey a letter stating that they have not complied to my request.

Gaz

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Chalkitup

The two small docs in post 58, if i scan them for you and pot them in PDF file they should keep the same size a i received them.

On the MBNA Application form i'm thinking they've scaled them down approx 25%, the reason i say that is my handwriting is bold and big.

The handwriting on though me application form although mine is much smaller than what i would write.

Gaz

Hi

Here's the MBNA & Abbey Default Notices, i've also included a letter from Abbey stating they are putting up there Apr charges to 34.9%.

Can you look at these defaults that i received one from Mercers and one from Capital 1, and see if they are true defaults.

MBNADefaultNotice10001.jpg

AbbeyDefaultNotice0001.jpg

AbbeynewCharges0001.jpg

Gaz

Edited by Gazza112

Gazza,

The first letter is an MBNA "notification of Default", why they do this I dont know ?. As such it isnt a Default notice.

The 2nd letter is also a "notification of Default".

The 3rd is as you say an increase in your interest repayments. A bit spiteful IMHO as it is just a way of increasing the debt as much as possible before passing it on.

The 4th is a Default Notice from Mercers. However, all though correct in amount of time allowed and all the right bits underlined, I understand that this should have Barclaycard's name and address on it. Mercers shouldnt be sending this out in their name. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. Also, are the amounts correct ie, are there any charges, late payment fees in this figure. You should be able to work that out from your statements.

5th from Capital 1. This one gives you 28 days to remedy, but again, are there any charges in the figures they quote in the heading because there shouldnt be. I am not quite sure if there is any relevance in the fact that Cap 1 are only requesting the amount overdue and havent put the full amount outstanding as well. Perhaps that is so they can hide any charges.

You need the help of someone like 42man for this, I think :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

No, you should CCA barclaycard. Mercers are just BC's inhouse collection crew and would only pass it on anyway (by all accounts they sit in the same office ?).

If you pm 42man, ask him if he wouldnt mind popping in to have a look at post number 76. If you add a link to the post in question.. by left clicking on the permalink on the particular post, then scroll to the very top of the screen in the address bar (http:// bit) right click on the address / copy. Then when you send the pm to 42 man you can include the link by right clicking and paste :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

They have to send you the T's and C's for when the account was opened, however, arguing that the other documents don't comply might be difficult in front of a judge as it looks like the prescribed terms are on the signature document.......my feeling is that although the T's and C's aren't correct, you have to consider if it is worth fighting/arguing with a judge, if he isn't savvy on the Consumer Credit Act, he may just say well we have prescribed terms on the signature page....and bear in mind judges can vary wildly on consistency.....

Hi 42man

Thanks for coming to the thread, i'm looking into the signature page as most of the terms and condition is unreadable. i might send them a letter saying they have not complied to my CCA request and see what comes back. I never received the Application form that i signed for from Abbey is that any importance.

Gaz

I've had a couple of people look at my agrement and the general opinion seems to be that it is enforceable...

So I am up poop creek without a paddle now...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Co-op bank - won March 07

Virgin Credit Card - won - March 07

MBNA Credit Card - won March 07

Hi Tetsuo

Don't give up i was told the same, then someone came along and said it was unenforceable. I'm going to still send them a letter stating thankyou for you but as you have not complied. If it is enforceable can do any harm for sending a letter. But i was told if you can't read the print its unenforceable.

Take a look at this thread about MBNA, don't know weather you've allready picked it up.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1583118.html

I'll have a gander.. I'm sending them an SAR today anyway...

you havin' much luck?

had a look but there isn't really anything there apart from some little thumbnails?

Hi

Not, as such but the ball is still in my hands.

Had a few calls from them asking why i was only paying a £1 Token payment, but gave them my reply.

But i have send MBNA & Abbey a nice letter today, i'll let you know on the responce i get from this letter.

Gaz

Have a read of andyorch's post, the link should take you directly, if it doesnt it is number 87.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/141116-mbna-link-financial-5.html#post1736355

BCOBS

Hi citizenB

Thanks for the link, excellant advice there i'll just sit back and take a holiday lol. Can you take my mail in while i'm away :rolleyes:.

What about the letters that i sen't MBNA & Abbey today, just leave them to reply to me if they do.

I've also blocked most of the numbers that i receive each day, should i unblock them and start making a diary of calls that i receive.

Gaz

Hi

Just wanted to as, i'm having a few issues with MBNA/Abbey at the moment. The thing is the last two months i've been paying them a Token Payment of £1 on the accounts. Not by Postal Order but by going into the bank itself and Paying £1 in cash on the Monthly statements.

Knowing fullwell they would have to accept this payment, or refund me with a cheque for the £1.

I had a phone call last week from MBNA, just a brief call must hassen to add. That they where not happy with the £1 Token payments, this is where i said that i could increase the Token payment to £1.01.

Guess what i've not received any statementd through for this month from both either MBNA or Abbey.

Just a letter saying they where looking into my complaint, and they would get back to me by the 29th October 2008.

Any iders why i've not received these statements from them, and what should i do.

As without these statements i can't go and pay my increased offer of £1.01.

Gaz

Hi PGH7447

Thanks for coming to my thread

The reason i want statements is you get it stamped in the bank.

Also the following month it also shows on the statement for example £1 payment THANKYOU on them.

Gaz

Possibly by them stating they are not happy and you offering to raise your payment to £1.01 (:D) they realise that this debt will not get paisd in a hurry so they will be looking to default it and pass it to a bottomfeeder DCA, just send em a posta order for £1.01 minus the cost of recorded delivery and keep the slip, also explain in the letter that due to having to use the postal system to pay their money you have deducted it from the total to be paid each month ,a dnthat until your statements are re-instated this is what wil happen

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

PGH7447

There was a method why i wanded to pay in the bank.

The reason is if it ever went to court, i could show the Judge my statements showing £1 token payment and a THANKYOU besides the payment. Otherwords they have excepted my payment, if they refuse the payment then they would have to return the payment explaining why.

In either way the Judge would take a dim view of there actions, as i'm also on IBenefit and a full time carer.

I can pay them by Postal order but nine times out of ten they would return the postal order.

Gaz

But you can still prove that you have attempted to pay, by using a postal order made payable to these cretins, if they refuse to cash it that is their problem

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

The is the one i had come through today from Cap 1.

On the 12th was the £1 i paid into the Bank.

On the 18th was the postal Order i sent them for my CCA which they cashed and still waiting for my CCA.

capital1letter0002.jpg

Gaz

If they wish to use the £1 for your CCA this does not stop the account being in dispute after the time limit of 12 days, which it now is, write to them and let them know it is now in dispute and that until they provide the agreement you will not be making any further payments.

This is for capital1 did you send the cca for the mbna card at the same time?

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------