CL Finance/Cohen Claimform - MBNA [ryanair] Credit Card debt **WON**

Gazza112
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Docman

Thanks for coming to my thread, i was looking at that the thing border just overlaps the date. also the border looks jagged and not a smooth line.

Maybe its me looking at something thats not there.

I'm going to contact my friend who's a Chartered Accountant, he may know about how to get a copy of this agreement/aplication form.

Gaz

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Docman

If it end that nothing comes of the Letter i sent yesterday to MBNA/Abbey, and i need to send a letter on the Civil Procedures Rule 31.14. Is there a template letter that i can send them quoting the subsections of Rule 31.14.

Gaz

Hi CitizenB

Christ, this is getting more like Shirlock Holmes:eek:.

I can just emagin you now, looking at the paperwork with your pipe :D.

Thanks for all your help:

Gaz

Miss Marples, please... Gazza :-D If we could prove that just one of these MBNA documents is a blue peter presentation, it should throw doubt on quite a lot of the copies on the forum.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Docman

I've just had a first look at this 'agreement'. There seems to be a slight bit at the foot of the date '14-02-03' is missing. Could the 'Ryanair' rectangle have been pasted onto a new sheet on which the T&Cs had already been sqeezed into the left hand side?

I thought that date looked a bit odd and I agree with you about the bottom of the numbers being 'missing'.

However, I guess it's possible that the date has been stamped on and the bottom part of the date-numbers have been placed exactly on the printed line which could explain why they appear to be missing.

As we all agree, it's a very bad scan, but blowing that portion right up to 1600% (max on the prog I use) the individual pixels seem to show that the thickness of the line could accommodate the missing bit of the numbers.

But having said that, if the form was date-stamped after the application had been granted, it seems highly likely that the completed form must have been fed through a printer to achieve this degree of accuracy in placing the numbers exactly parallel with the lines on the form, which rules out 'rubber-stamping by hand'.

Does that seem a likely method of 'approving' the application? :confused:

IMHO the only other explanation would be that the date was entered at the same time as the preparation of the rest of the document in some document editing/producing software (e.g. MS Word, MS Publisher etc.).

Hmm... :rolleyes:

Cheers

Rob

Edited by robcag
spelling

Hi CitizenB

Or do i call you Miss Marple :D.

Wright gound something very interesting on the net, was going down the micro film route. Don't asked me why, weather this is any good.

When they put documents onto Micro film for an A4 they scale it down 1.24. They do this so the info can be displaid onto a computer screen.

So re-sizing would take the T/C of a normal A4 piece of paper, taking into account if the font size is correct.

Gaz

Ok Here it is. No laughing at my scribble, not feeling very technical tonight :p

MBNAAPP1.jpg

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Hi Hopeful, what was on the back of this form please, if anything ? :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi

Had a nice letter from MBNA today.

Only two good things about this.

First this is the last corispondance i'm going to have with MBNA according to there letter:D:D.

The second thing is it was signed by the vice president, now how many of you get a letter from the Vice president:D.

There's an old saying, its not what you know its who you know.:eek:.

MBNALetter15100001.jpg

MBNALetter15100002.jpg

On a serious note can you take a look at these letter, and see whats my next move is. I must say that i did send a letter to them yesterday saying that the CCA was not adiqute.

Gaz

Ummmm, Gazza, just because they say it is their final response.. doesnt mean to say you wont be hearing from them again :D

What it means is they are not prepared to discuss this particular issue with you again ie not contacting you by telephone.

You can if you wish reply with an I&E summary, you should not under any circumstances supply them with bank account details or payslips/benefit letters etc. Just a breakdown of your financial situation. Even a breakdown of your creditors should just be in the format of Creditor 1 - £xxxx . Creditor 2 - £xxxx.. Dont put Capital One or Nat West. You could if you want to approach the CAB and ask them to write a letter confirming they have seen all the paperwork (which of course you will need to show them) then just send that and the I&E summary off.

You could include a letter saying something along the lines of: Please find enclosed my I&E summary. You will see that I can only afford a token payment (Or reduced sum whatever) each month. I would hope you would feel able to suspend interest as well.

If you have already tried getting them to accept a token payment and freeze interest payments then I would suggest inviting them to take you to court thus.

Dear Sirs,

I am very disappointed that whilst you have been made aware my financial circumstances, you feel unable to accept my token payment of £ XX and suspension of interest.

I feel it would be pointless to pay this amount only to see the debt increase. I invite you therefore to sue me through the court for this debt, where I shall have the opportunity to offer this amount through the courts.

In addition, once judgement is granted I understand that further interest will be suspended in any event. It would seem that I can only achieve a more sympathetic outcome to this matter by allowing the courts to decide, although this will involve us both in extra expense and time wasted with court proceedings.

Meanwhile, the offer of £xx per month plus suspension of interest is still open to you.

Yours faithfully.

Then just sit back and wait for the agreement/application form to arrive or not.

HTH.

BCOBS

Hi CitizenB

Just my luck:(.

I send them a letter what you said send to them with my outlay and incoming money and also a breakdown of my creditors without naming them i dated that the 13 October and that went out on Monday.

I have been sending them letters asking to freeze interest, but as of now no one has taken this up. I'm still paying £1 token payment as i thought if it does go to court the judge can see that i've been trying.

I'll give them another week just to see if the respond to my Monday's letter.

One minute you hear nothing, the next minute they all come at once:eek:.

Gaz

:D just like buses !!

No harm in waiting to see if they decide to see sense and agree to the token payment and suspension of interest with the letter you have already sent.

If they come back with a flat "no" then, I would send the.. sue me letter. Are you paying by postal order ?, if so you want a paying in book so that it doesnt cost for the PO and postage.

BCOBS

Hi CitizenB

No, i'm one in front of them on the payments.

How i do this i to the bank and pay the £1 token to each account, instead of paying by postal order. There is a reason why i've done this and that is when you get you statements it states £1 payment THANKYOU.

If they wan't to refuse my £1 token, they need to send me a letter with a £1 cheque stating the reasons why there refusing payment.

If it ever wen't to court i can show the Judge, the statement with the £1 Thankyou.

Does that make sence to you.

Gaz

Hello Gazza,

That Banking Code Guidance that MBNA are quoting in their letter is exactly what they say .... GUIDANCE for them!!

If they do phone anymore send them the letter Diskmandave posted here .... (change it to suit of course) .....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/71386-diskmandave-robinson-way-co-15.html Post 863. It somewhat rules above guidance!!

Sorry to be the bearer of more bad news but MBNA Vice President regularly writes to quite a lot of us ...... :grin: He must be awfully busy ... but very clever at multi tasking!

Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Hi CitizenB

No, i'm one in front of them on the payments.

How i do this i to the bank and pay the £1 token to each account, instead of paying by postal order. There is a reason why i've done this and that is when you get you statements it states £1 payment THANKYOU.

If they wan't to refuse my £1 token, they need to send me a letter with a £1 cheque stating the reasons why there refusing payment.

If it ever wen't to court i can show the Judge, the statement with the £1 Thankyou.

Does that make sence to you.

Gaz

It surely does Gazza, I remember you saying before this is what you did and the reason why. Saves all the worrying over whether the letter enclosing the postal order ahs been received as well. :D

Hi Chalkitup

Thanks for the link i will have a brouse through that later.

There's me thinking i'm special:(

Gaz

Anybody who attempts to swim the channel with a set of waterwings whilst walking the dogs is VERY special gazza :roll::grin:

BCOBS

Hi CitizenB

I'm already in training, i'm training in a 10 foot paddling pool :D.

I nearly drowned in the pool today, i went compleatly under the water i thought i was a goner :eek:.

Is there a certificate out, swimming the two yard breaststoke:D.

Gaz

Hi Hopeful, what was on the back of this form please, if anything ? :)

Hi CB - nothing on the back. What you see is all there was. It was completed in an airport by someone who couldn't spell. Based on this MBNA have still had the gall to continue defending a PPI claim, which was has had to go to the FOS adjudicator - apparently the PPI was agreed afterwards on the phone - yeah whatever!

Hi Hopeful1

Thanks for posting up the agreement for me.

Gaz

No probs Mr walking on water man :D As i said it was completed in early 2002. A lot of people had applications like this filled in at airports, footie matches etc. Where did you complete yours?

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Hi CitizenB

I'm already in training, i'm training in a 10 foot paddling pool :D.

I nearly drowned in the pool today, i went compleatly under the water i thought i was a goner :eek:.

Is there a certificate out, swimming the two yard breaststoke:D.

Gaz

Shouldnt worry about a certificate Gazza, sounds as though you are about ready to enter the olympics :p

Hi CB - nothing on the back. What you see is all there was. It was completed in an airport by someone who couldn't spell. Based on this MBNA have still had the gall to continue defending a PPI claim, which was has had to go to the FOS adjudicator - apparently the PPI was agreed afterwards on the phone - yeah whatever!

Cap 1 have tried that one on DH. Reckon he signed up for the account through one of their mailer application forms.. then went online 4 weeks later and signed up for the ppi !.. Ummm, we didnt have a computer at the time they reckon he did that :-D

BCOBS

Hi Gazza ! Some of your MBNA CCA looks like mine!I took out one mine in 2002, and like mine it looks like there is a chance that MBNA have thrown a few papers from different aggreements to make it look like it is from the same agreement!

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Hi

Nothing really to report with MBNA, not heard anything from my letters i sent last week. I did receive another demanding letter today, saying if i don't paying they will default me and so on.............................

Other than that its been very quiet.

Gaz

They heard you were in training for the olympics and dont want to interfere with your concentration:-D

BCOBS