Robinson Way, Sainsburys 2 Acc

overdone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You could also add a sentence or two to Lexis' fantastic letter saying something along the lines of:

"It is important for us both to have all communication in writing as it protects us both in the event of litigation. "

I wonder if it would also be worth adding something to say, if they insist on a home visit then you would like your legal representative present.. as it is at their insistence a home visit is made, they will be responsible for your solicitor's fees:rolleyes::D

And also that it is a personal security measure against identity theft, that comms are in writing.

Don't forget they need to make an appointment and if you don't make one, they are not allowed to turn up.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

--

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

I do NOT acknowledge any debt to your company

Dear Sir or Madam,

Your reference:

Client name:

Thank you for your recent correspondence dated 16 October 2009 the contents of which are noted.

I note you state, in previouse correspondence that you have complied with my request under section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I wish to draw your attention to a series of concerns that I have with the document your client has produced and why they have not discharged their duties under Section 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

Please take note of the following which outlines my position in this dispute.

Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 states:

(1) The creditor under a regulated agreement for running-account credit, within the prescribed period after receiving a request in writing to that effect from the debtor and payment of a fee of £1, shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any) and of any other document referred to in it, together with a statement signed by or on behalf of the creditor showing, according to the information to which it is practicable for him to refer,-

a) the state of the account, and

b) the amount, if any, currently payable under the agreement by the debtor to the creditor, and

c) the amounts and due dates of any payments which, if the debtor does not draw further on the account, will later become payable under the agreement by the debtor to the creditor.

The provision of an application form as referred to in your letter, is insufficient to satisfy the provisions of Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 or my lawful request for information.

Not withstanding point 1 above, the provisions of Regulation 2 of the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1557) state:

(2) Legibility of notices and copy documents and wording of prescribed Forms

1)The lettering in every notice in a Form prescribed by these Regulations and in every copy of an executed agreement, security instrument or other document referred to in the Act and delivered or sent to a debtor, hirer or surety under any provision of the Act shall, apart from any signature, be easily legible and of a colour which is readily distinguishable from the .

Clearly as the document your client has supplied is not easily legible they cannot claim to have discharged their obligations under section 78(1) as the document does not comply with the copy document regulations referred to above.

Now to resolve this matter you can either supply me a copy of my alleged credit agreement, which is in a legible form, or alternatively, we can lay the agreement which you have produced in reply to my statutory request pursuant to section 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 before the County Court and I will request pursuant to section 142(1) of the Consumer Credit Act that the court make an order on the enforceability of that document.

However I am sure that the bank would not be keen on this happening as should the court rule that the agreement is not enforceable and you cannot provide a better copy than what you already have, then the court would have no other option but to rule the agreement unenforceable.

I think I have set out my position clearly and have even reproduced excerpts of the legislation on which I base my case, therefore I respectfully request that you reply to this letter within 14 days setting out if you can supply a more legible copy of the agreement or what action you propose to resolve this dispute if you cannot. Although, the only real obvious option if you cannot provide a better copy would be for the bank to zero the balance on this alleged debt as it cannot be enforced.

I await your reply and would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing only.

Yours faithfully

Edited by overdone
add info

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

• 1 month later...

OD, you might like to have a look at another Lexis letter.. it would appear she has seen off Robinson Way ... for good...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2619812.html

Posts 289 and 290 from the above link :D

Your 3½ line letter (complete with misspelt words and unfinished sentences), dated the 16th November and sent by 2nd class post, arrived with me on Monday – the 16th November. This seems rather strange and I will assume it is not your standard practice to post-date items in order to make your company appear swifter in its responses.

You are well aware the piece of paper you sent does not fulfil the requirements of an enforceable agreement.

You are also well aware that court action is not an option that is open to the Bank of Scotland, let alone any of the low-level companies they employ to unlawfully harass people.

Any further threats of legal proceedings will be met with a request for information under the Civil Procedure Rules in order to ascertain what documents you would be relying on in court, as I am assuming you would have something more than the illegible application form with no prescribed terms that I have already been sent many copies of. You should bear in mind that I have sent a request under the CPR to Blair, Oliver & Scott for this same information in March 2009 after their threat of court action. They are still in breach of this request, and both Blair, Oliver & Scott and the Bank of Scotland are strangely reluctant to answer my questions regarding this complete lack of a response.

Lastly I will inform you as a courtesy that I will not be spending time, money and energy on replying to you any more. In addition to not having any legal right to harass me about this account, you clearly have no knowledge of the Consumer Credit Act, no wish to act lawfully, and no regard for abiding by either the OFT guidelines on debt collection or the CPUTR so I see no reason to humour you with further communication. I am however keeping all copies of your letters for any complaints I see fit to make to the OFT, FOS and Trading Standards. I am sure they will find your use of threatening language (despite knowing you can not carry out your threats) very interesting.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...

Robinson Way Limited

3rd December 2009

Dear Overdone,

Ex Sainsbury's Account

******Special Offer Early Christmas Present*******

Get the new year off to a good start with our unique offer. As an early Christmas present, if you set up a payment plan with us, we will match £ for £ what ever you pay in December. This means you can even have this account cleared for the new year if you pay just 50% off the balance, as we will pay the rest!!!

Contact us now on our free phone number 0800 xxx xxx or, if you prefer not to talk to us, visit our website at ROBWAY.co.uk where you can pay or make a proposal to pay.

Yours faithfully

Collections Manager

Edited by overdone
plenty

LOL i love it.

May use it with studio cards all tho i dont want to stir up old ghosts

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 1 month later...

12 January 2010

Robinson Way, & Company LIMITED

Dear Overdone,

Ex Sainsbury's Credit Card Loan.

Where have we gone wrong? (Is it my job to teach you the consumer Credit Act?)

On behalf of the above company we have sent you a number of letters, tried to telephone you, and our local representative may have called at your address. However, your account still remains unpaid.

Full payment is now due but this may not currently be within your means. We may be able to offer you a reduction in the amount you owe in settlement of your account. To help you settle your account; you may even be able to pay the reduced sum over 3 instalments.

Call us now to take advantage of this offer or discuss alternative repayment options, or log on to www.robway.co.uk to pay or make an offer to pay.

If you are experiencing difficulties at the moment and need help or advice, please contact our trained financial advisor Lee Harper on 0161 935 3605.

Yours faithfully,

Collections Manager.

Edited by overdone
spelling error

Did they really start it with that?!? Excellent:D

I would strongly suggest you now spend some time writing and telling them exactly where they've gone wrong - starting with them being in a sh**ty business and ending with them chasing money they are never going to get:p:D

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

lol Donkey may nick and change a few of those.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Oh getting towards what l was thinking but maybe something along the lines of

New fan assited double oven

new washingmachine

the plumbing under sink sorted

a dishwasher

plasma screen tv

nintendo wii with wii fit all the games and acessories.

then the offer might be more do able for me.

• 1 month later...

De Ja Vue?

Robinson Way and Company Limited.

London Scottish House

Quays Reach

Carolina Way

Salford

M50 2ZY

25/02/2010

Dear Overdone,

Re Sainsbury's cc/loan

Account Number

TELEMESSAGE TELEMESSAGE TELEMESSAGE TELEMESSAGE

I have been trying to contact you by phone. It may be to your advantage to ring me - Alex Jones - on 0800 121 6904 Before 8.30 P.M. today.

Yours faithfully,

Collections Manager

Edited by overdone
add info

Then why cant they put that "something" in writing, hmmm :rolleyes:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 5 weeks later...

First I got a picture of a chicken hatching out of its egg wanting one third of the alleged debt to settle. Then I get this letter.

Robinson Way & Company Limited

21/03/2010

Dear Overdone,

Formal Demand For Payment.

As we have now purchased the above debt we are authorised to recover the full amount due, quoted above. This is a formal notice of intended court action we intend to take unless you pay, or agree an arrangement to pay, the sum you owe.

If court action is taken and a court considers your failure to pay to be due to your refusal or neglect to pay, an order for repayment may be made. If you fail to pay in accordance with a court payment order, the following may occur:

A process of enforcement by court officers

An unpaid court order may make future credit difficult to obtain

An order for deductions from your earnings.

This debt will not go away - it makes sense to pay in full Now. You can pay by calling us with your credit or debit card, or visit our website to make a payment offer at www.robway.co.uk or see the payment instructions overleaf.

Yours faithfully

Collections manager.

They asked me to pay by credit card on the phone once, I wrote to them formally to complain, the reply was “having listened to a recording of the call we do not except our representative pressured you to pay by credit card”, then went on about the debt is still outstanding bla bla. I have my own recording here.

De Ja Vue I think this is called.

Persistent waste of money.

31/03/2010

Robinson, Way & Company Ltd

Dear Overdone

ARE YOU AWARE THAT THIS DEBT COULD BE AFFECTING YOUR ABILITY TO OBTAIN CREDIT AND EVEN A MORTGAGE?

We are sure you are keen as us to clear this debt once and for all. Because of this we wish to advise you of the following one-off settlement offer:

IF YOU CALL US WITHIN 10 DAYS WE CAN OFFER YOU A SIGNIFICANT REDUCTION TO THE AMOUNT YOU OWE. WE MAY ALSO AGREE AN AFFORDABLE REPAYMENT PLAN WITH YOU

Act Now! - If we do not receive a response from you we will have no alternative but to take further action.

Tell Us! - You must tell us if you cannot pay. We will help you if we can.

If you have a problem paying this account it is better to talk to us. Call us now on 0800 121 6904 or email us at payline@robinson-way.com

Yours faithfully

Collections Manager

De Ja Vue I think this is called.

Persistent waste of money.

31/03/2010

Robinson, Way & Company Ltd

Dear Overdone

ARE YOU AWARE THAT THIS DEBT COULD BE AFFECTING YOUR ABILITY TO OBTAIN CREDIT AND EVEN A MORTGAGE?

We are sure you are keen as us to clear this debt once and for all. Because of this we wish to advise you of the following one-off settlement offer:

IF YOU CALL US WITHIN 10 DAYS WE CAN OFFER YOU A SIGNIFICANT REDUCTION TO THE AMOUNT YOU OWE. WE MAY ALSO AGREE AN AFFORDABLE REPAYMENT PLAN WITH YOU

Act Now! - If we do not receive a response from you we will have no alternative but to take further action.

Tell Us! - You must tell us if you cannot pay. We will help you if we can.

If you have a problem paying this account it is better to talk to us. Call us now on 0800 121 6904 or email us at payline@robinson-way.com

Yours faithfully

Collections Manager

Love the way they repeatedly confirm in writing that their actions amount to 'injury to credit'. I'd be looking at the credit reference files to see if Robbing you, Robbing me, aha, have registered this debt in their own name since allegedly purchasing it from the OC.

If the 'debt' is unsubstantiated, as it appears to be right now, they're guilty of registering and more importantly perhaps, maintaining inaccurate info on you, which they boldly acknowledge is harming your ability to obtain credit. Doh!

Bung in a breach of data protection claim as well and they're really looking at potential damages/counterclaim sums well in excess of the amount they're trying to extort from you...especially when they've probably only paid no more than 10-20% of the original debt total in the first place. If they have any sense :rolleyes: they'd drop it very quickly.