can i cancel getting jobseekers allowance even though i havnt got a job? please help this is urgent! :(

kymmykymkym
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well when I worked for the DWP we had people who were classed as "postal signers" because they lived so far away and had difficulty signing on, this is usually because they were so rural. They would sign on via post and phone, but still had to attend courses and come in every so often.

ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

yeah i asked about that but apparently i still have to go..

im trying to get a job trial at the primary school down the road at the moment to do for my 13 week course but if not im going to have to sign off as i simply dont have the money to travel there every day for 13 weeks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, jus wondering if anyone can help me please because I've searched and searched for info and can't find what i need.

I've been on JSA for 6months now and I'm being forced to go on this gateway to work course and it's really gettin me down - the whole JSA stuff is depressing...

I've been thinking of just coming off JSA and trying to make do with what money I have for the time being. I was just wondering how long I would have to wait before I could go back on it if I needed to. However I have an interview on thursday and so I'm hoping this won't be necessary.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

• 6 months later...

I was signed on to Job Seekers Allowance last year, i can understand it can get to you, the one i signed at on the whole wasn't too bad, but at times i did feel like a criminal having to check in every two weeks to justify myself to them. It gets frustrating when you actually want to work, want to find a job, and they just believe you're not trying. The job market began to dry up when i signed off, it was getting to the point when they say "you've not put any applications in" and i say "there are no jobs advertised which i can do" and they say "yes we know but you still have to apply for something". I mean, try and get your head round that if you can LOL.

But as for the signing off itself, quickest thing you could ever do. Go in to the Job Centre Plus with your book, and say "i'd like to sign off please". They have no real interest as to your reason, they wont probe you, they wont question you (at most they'll just ask curiously if you found a job, if you say no they still wont bother to ask much more). As far as they're concerned, if you're not claiming money from them they have absolutely no interest in what you're doing. They really cannot get you out the door quickly enough if you go in there to sign off. Easiest thing i've ever done.

it was getting to the point when they say "you've not put any applications in" and i say "there are no jobs advertised which i can do" and they say "yes we know but you still have to apply for something".

I'd just like to point out that this is abysmal service. You do not have to "apply for something" you just have to show that you have been actively seeking employment. That's it.

Easier said than done when you are dealing with Job Centre staff. Actively seeking employment to them is applying for jobs, not just looking. That was my experience.:x

Signed off eventually, fed up with being treated like a criminal.

Perhaps they treat you like this to get unemployment figures down?

Constuctive dismissal from Job Centre?:rolleyes: