can i cancel getting jobseekers allowance even though i havnt got a job? please help this is urgent! :(

kymmykymkym
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

is it at all possible to cancel getting job seekers allowance even though i havent found a job as they are really stressing me out, its not helping me find a job and are actually causing more problems than anything for me and i really dont want to have to keep spending all the money i get on going to these 13 week course things, they dont help and are starting to cause trouble. iv already had my claim stopped once before only to have them change their mind after id appealed and lost out on lots of money... i cant find anywhere any information on whether i actually am allowed to just cancel it or not.. please help me, id be most grateful!!!

kym

i just want nothing to do with the job centre alltogether now...

they really are a pain in the backside! if i stop signing on il recieve phone calls a lot of letters, maybe even a visit, itl just cause me more hassle, which is why i was wondering if its possible to just say ok no more... leave me alone! haha. but i cant find out anywhere if your allowed to do that

I think it could be a condition of singing on that you attend.

You could try getting a job for a few hours a week that would still let you claim housing benefit and other help.

The allowance you get is suposed to cover your costs for attending, or so I was told years ago.

I think all it's for is to help motivate you to get back to work.

yeah but im on a lane where theres no bus route, no foot path and they refuse to pay my taxi fare to get to the station so anytime i need to go to the jobcentre or an appointment to do with them it costs me £16.

and this 13 week course with a job trial im due to start on monday is just too much..itl cost me more than il get on jobseekers.

i just hope its not some legal thing you have to stay with it til you get a job... its so annoying theres not much information on the matter. i just cant stop worrying about it.

im now staying with my boyfriends family as havnt got anywhere else to go and theyr starting to cause problems with that and i really dont need the added stress theyr giving me. i just want it to end. :(

You seem to be one of the ones whom get stuck in a glitch.

Can you not take in all this info and show them how difficult it is to attend?

Also get your boyfriends parents to write and say they want you to leave you may be able to use this to get help from the council to find a flat.

yeah sign off, fill in the form on the back on the book (well it was a book years ago) and post it back... think i asks why, just right "Not Applicable"

if i were you i would speak to you doctor, he may be able to give you a line for a few months, this will allow you to claim other benefits until you find a job that's suitable without the stress from the job center..

hi you poor thing ..im signing off of job seekers on the 22nd september ..i havent got a job to go to ..the claim was joint for me and my partner..he is off to uni on the 22nd so wudnt beable to claim anyway..i told them i was signing off becoz my partner can claim for me on student finance wich is true. they wishes me luck.i think if you want to sign off then u shud just be able to ..in ure signing bookklet it tells you about signing off...you have to fill a slip in asks weather you have a job,,if not it asks other reasons why you are signing off ..just be honest ..if you dont want to sign then thats up to you i dont think they will question you on it ..all the best to you:)..it is a pain tho JSA..i felt like i was a criminal and on tag to report there every wk ..i cudnt handle it no more either,and would of signed off regardless

so i can just go i there and say had enough!!! well im 21 and thinking of doing another art course next year so would like to have some time to do lots of work for a portfolio. iv not got bills to worry about or anything. il just get a part time job to give as housekeeping money. im due to start a 13 week course on monday though. with the job centre...so not sure wether to go or not... how quick can you sign off? is it a case of you just sign off and you hear nothing more from them or do you get loads of questioning and letters etc before theyl leave you alone? thansk for all your help people! iv been on a right downer worrying about all this.

how long did it take for the signing off process to end? thanks so much for all your help, its made me feel a bit better, just not sure wether or not to go to this course thing starting on monday with them or go to the job centre instead. argh!!

i think its just a case of saying im signing off or cya :)..when i came of IS some yrs ago i just rang them and said im signing off...no questions asked..no questions were asked about why i was comming off JSA.. i just told them along the lines of the convo we was aving !!..all you have to do is sign the booklet thing ..and either hand it in to jobcentre or post it ..good luck honey

there is no law saying you have to go to this course ..if you dont tho u wont get ya money..thats it .. ...they wont question u on signing off JSA ..in their minds its one less person to worry about..they only question when you are claiming..they really dont care where you are getting the money to live from ..if you are skint they dont care about that ..the only time they care is if you claim and they have to do wot the goverment say ..like i say ..i told JSA i was signing off on the 22nd sept ..no questions asked.. itold them my partner can claim for me on student finance..even tho that is true they dont know that ..the more ppl that sign off the better..just coz u on JSA u dont need reasons to stop claiming :)

If you don't want the hassle or the money, just post them the signing off form in your boklet/signing book. You don't have to do anything or any course!

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

No because they signing on is for the two weeks up to the day you signed.

If you cancel on monday you will still be owed for money for the weekend.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi,

You can cancell/sign off if you don't need the money. Just be aware that it has some national insurance implications - nothing too much to worry about I would say. I'm sure that the jobcentre would be happy to let you go - 1 less to worry or hassle. I'm sure that they would give you the gen on the national insurance bit - CAB is another source that should be able to give you that info also. Worth just checking to make sure that it suits you fine but from what you say I think you'll be more than happy. If you decide to cancell then I suggest just ringing them and say you want to cancell and sign off - end of matter - they'll oblige, believe me. Having said that, it doesn't sound right what they're doing to you and could be a breach of the regs? Maybe worth having CAB look at the situation for you because it sounds like they're probably not paying you travel monies that maybe should be paid and I'd hate you to loose out on money because of that. Hope this helps.

Not complications as such. They tell you it will affect your pension but that isn't to say that you can't catch up at a later date when your working but only if you want to - it's not compulsory. Personally I don't think there's much to worry about but 'each to their own' as they say. As I mentioned previously, Citizen's Advice Bureau (CAB) should be able to give you more precise details than I can. Worth a quick phone call maybe, that way you know that you've made an informed decision. Hope this is of assistance to you as well and best of luck what ever you decide to do and here's hoping that Monday isn't such a trauma for you......

Hi Kym, I am on contribution based JSB. I was made redundant in April this year. I can tell you that if you do sign off, and you are within your rights to do so, you will loose the benifit of getting credits to your "National Insurance contributions". That is all you will loose apart from your money off the dole. As you are only young this wont matter at the moment but would have implications later in life when you collect you Pension. Unless you become famouse that is. If you still sign on and have been doing so for more than six months then why dont you go to the drs and get a sick note for stress or something like that. Then you will only have to sign every so many weeks. And the job centre will not bother you and you will still get some money to boot.

Whatever you decide GOOD LUCK.

No offense meant, but if you can 'just get a part-time job' to cover housekeeping now that you don't want to have to deal with the Job Centre, why haven't you done that already - why are you claiming JSA in the first place?

because until tuesday iv been looking for full-time work as i needed to pay for somewhere to live as i didnt have anywhere.however now iv moved in with my boyfriends family so i dont have that worry anymore. and with not needing to find fulltime work i can now go back to doing an illustration degree i got a place on at college. so that is why i was claiming jsa in the first place, and why i now dont want to... so as for why i can now "just get a part time job" its because my circumstances have changed and even then iv still got to find part time work, but im sure it will be easier than finding full-time