Brighton council PCN - Pay and Display - Appeal Failed on Parking Ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5638 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You're starting to enjoy this now aren't you!!!

it's very good. Still a bit harshly 'accusing' but hey it's your appeal and you can hit them as hard as you like.

don't forget that it is always worth mentioning that you did in fact pay to park. It gives them a back door way out!

-

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol yeah I forgot that I had paid and displayed the ticket! Could add it as a pS

I'll re-read and tone it down abit perhaps, looking forward to the response. Cheers, if this works I'll get in touch with the local paper and try and get abit of publicity for CAG

Help me to help others!

• 2 weeks later...

I have repeatly called my council and been assured that I will be email a copy of the traffic order but each time nothing happens. I gather from other posts I am entitled to this under the freedom of information act.

What is the correct wording and what happens if they continue to ignore my requests?

Help me to help others!

Yep. Find out where they are and just go. they will be a bit phased but it is your right.

relevant legislation is something like (not sure -doing this from memory)

Local Authorities Traffic Orders (procedures) Act. - something like that and think it might be 1990.

Always best to see the original anyway because worth checking it is all signed and sealed properly (it's a council remember - they get things wrong i understand.

So look at the section relevant to your piece of road but also look at the opening and closing stuff - err i think.

post coming - got something for you.

-

Actually, just remebered. there's a 'sticky' on that forum all about TROs and probably quotes what you need to look at and the statute.

-

cool thanks, lol I've started looking at all parking bays now - getting sad now

I did for a while - and getting that urge to approach people and say "you can appeal that you know" (never actually did)

The effect wears off after a while - when you realise that it's such a high percentage it becomes pointless noticing!

Do not let the Council dictate to you by insisting on sending it. Insist that you be allowed to view it and get names and keep records of calls!

-

read that 'sticky' i mentioned.

-

It will be in the FAQs somewhere.

Link to what I gave you and out from that to the parking forum. try FAQs from there or link further out to multiple forum page and check in FAQs there.

it's there somewhere.

-

Sorry about that.

Contrary to what some believe though - they won't bite your head off if you post and explain the obstruction you are experiencing.

-

Could I just point out for all the armchair lawyers, that a request under the FoI may* not result in obtaining a copy of a TRO. A TRO is an exempt document

There is a specific exemption for documents available by other means. A TRO is a public document, available on demand from the highway authority or their agents and thus subject to this exemption and not obtainable via FoI

* I write 'may' becasue often a Council will send it anyway, regardless of the invalidity of the method of request

WON WON WON

Didn't mention the fact I had purchased a ticket just said thank you for pointing out the markings needed reviewing and the ticket is cancelled.

What happens if they continue to get wardens issuing tickets? Surely this would be a injustice, knowingly issuing tickets that shouldn't be issued?

Help me to help others!

WON WON WON

just said thank you for pointing out the markings needed reviewing

QUOTE]

I had to re-read that several times !!! Never heard of such a response, LOL !

Well done - and well done for listening mate!

-