Car Wash

clynes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know if i can claim against a car wash? I had my car washed last week and the dryer has ripped my spoiler off. I went back and there is a sign although it is very low down the part where it says no spoilers. i think the sign should be where you pay for the token. Can anyone help???

I have a friend that had the same thing happen to him. He was unable to get any money simply because the garage didn't act negligently. They also had a sign stating that cars with spoilers shouldn't use the carwash. The sign was on the drive into the carwsh itself.

Pam.

If anything I've said helps you then please feel free to tip my scales!

I have a friend that had the same thing happen to him. He was unable to get any money simply because the garage didn't act negligently. They also had a sign stating that cars with spoilers shouldn't use the carwash. The sign was on the drive into the carwsh itself.

Think your on a hiding to nothing as you would have to prove negligence or that their signs are in a position where they are not readily able to be seen (take a photo). If this where the case it might constitute negligence on their part & you could send another letter which included a photo accusing them of negligence by placing their signs in such a position.

It's worth a bit of an effort & the cost of the Recorded Delivery Letter.