UKPC -notice of intended legal action!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4890 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a pcn from ukpc in june,was going to pay but after reading the threads on here i decided not to pay and ignore all letters from them,had another letter doubling the fine,followed by letter from roxburghe chasing the money,today i received a letter from graham white solicitors worded as follows-

NOTICE OF INTENDED LEGAL ACTION

You were written to by UKPC and their agen roxburghe requesting settlement of a parking Contravention charge Notice.Due to the absence of payment,or a valid appeal,out client has instructed us to proceed to legal action to recover the amount due.

Therefore it is a legal requirement to send a notice of INTENDED LITIGATION before legal proceedings are issued in the County Court.This letter fulfilsthis requirement.

Take note the costs associated with issuing a claim are as follows-

Claim isuue fee-£30

Solicitors cost for issuing claim-£50

Judgement costs-£25

warrant issue fee-£35

solicitors costs for issuing warrant £2.25

total additional costs-£142.25

Any judgement registered against you could seriously affect your chances of obtaining credit in the future,as this information can be made available to any interested parties via the register of judgements,orders & fines,and remains for 6 years.

In the event of a judgement order not being adhered to,we may instruct baliffs to attend at your address who are authorised to seize goods for sale at public auction in the amount claimed plus all statutory intrest.

Please contact us with your proposals for settlement within 7 days to avoid the possibility of this action.

yours sincerely

Michael sobell

solicitor

Have done a quick search on this site and cant see anything about this letter sent from UKPC to anybody else.

Would it be best for me to keep ignoring them or send them a letter in? if so which letter template should i use at this stage?

All advice apreciated.

You might find something on this thread. The OP has something that might suit your situation toward the end of the first post.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/119917-private-parking-tickets-template.html

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I received a pcn from ukpc in june,was going to pay but after reading the threads on here i decided not to pay and ignore all letters from them,had another letter doubling the fine,followed by letter from roxburghe chasing the money,today i received a letter from graham white solicitors worded as follows-

NOTICE OF INTENDED LEGAL ACTION

You were written to by UKPC and their agen roxburghe requesting settlement of a parking Contravention charge Notice.Due to the absence of payment,or a valid appeal,out client has instructed us to proceed to legal action to recover the amount due.

Therefore it is a legal requirement to send a notice of INTENDED LITIGATION before legal proceedings are issued in the County Court.This letter fulfilsthis requirement.

Take note the costs associated with issuing a claim are as follows-

Claim isuue fee-£30

Solicitors cost for issuing claim-£50

Judgement costs-£25

warrant issue fee-£35

solicitors costs for issuing warrant £2.25

total additional costs-£142.25

Any judgement registered against you could seriously affect your chances of obtaining credit in the future,as this information can be made available to any interested parties via the register of judgements,orders & fines,and remains for 6 years.

In the event of a judgement order not being adhered to,we may instruct baliffs to attend at your address who are authorised to seize goods for sale at public auction in the amount claimed plus all statutory intrest.

Please contact us with your proposals for settlement within 7 days to avoid the possibility of this action.

yours sincerely

Michael sobell

solicitor

Have done a quick search on this site and cant see anything about this letter sent from UKPC to anybody else.

Would it be best for me to keep ignoring them or send them a letter in? if so which letter template should i use at this stage?

All advice apreciated.

Ive seen that name Michael sobell

before in the same context as Roxburghe and graham white solicitors. I think your next step would be to report this to the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

The PO Box number for Roxburghe is actually for the nearest sorting office to Graham White Solicitors' supposed office - which is actually Roxburghe's offices. As far as the Law Society is concerned this iteration of "Graham White Solicitors" is not registered with them.

There is a Graham White Solicitors in Hertfordshire which is registered with the Law Society but they are nothing to do with this crowd and are somewhat miffed that someone else is using their name. There is however a Michael Sobell who is a solicitor - according to Law Society records he works for the housing department at Hackney Council - it is apparently the same chap.

unquote

Hi CJB,

If you have a look at other threads you will see the names you mentioned appear quite frequently.

You can tell from the tone it is just rubbish designed to frighten you into paying.

£142.25 costs as well, yeah right!!!!!!!!

This breach of 'contract' they are chasing is against the driver at the time of the 'offence'. Which without even knowing the circumstances, I just know it was'nt you. So how do they prove who was driving at the time, simple they can't, because you are NOT going to correspond with them or contact them are you?

Secondly the amount of money they are demanding is classed as a fine and only courts and approved authorities can issue them, that right does not extend to these jokers, so their 'fine' is unenforceable.

Therefore, do what most people do ignore them, but keep all the letters to give yourself a laugh when you are feeling down.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

forgot to mention,it does say at the bottom of the letter

Regulated by the solicitors regulation authority registered No 272121

Graham White Solicitors is a trading name of michael sobell,solicitor

forgot to mention,it does say at the bottom of the letter

Regulated by the solicitors regulation authority registered No 272121

Graham White Solicitors is a trading name of michael sobell,solicitor

you should contact hackney county council housing department and the soliciotor regulation authority and ask how he is supposed to carry out his main duties, I bet he does his solicitor job at the council offices.

Not forgetting of course, in respect of the initial letter, for any of their "additional" charges to apply, one very important thing has to happen.

THEY HAVE TO WIN THEIR CASE.

Which of course is very unlikely since there are numerous and learned individuals on this site who would just love to have a crack at these characters and would be only to happy to provide you with a very good defence strategy.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

I'd be awful tempted to write back along the lines that has been carried by others on the this forum.

I'm in receipt of your letter dated *****. I concur completely with your suggested course of action. I commend the genuine attempt to resolve a dispute by putting your case before a judge. I accept that this matter has reached an impasse with both parties apparently have equally strong views about the merits or otherwise of the case.

I welcome the opportunity to let the courts decide and look forward to receipt of court papers with great interest.

y/f

I do of course accept that the OP is, despite reassurances from forum members, probably more anxious then I would be in the same position. Devilment aside, ignoring completely is still the way to go.

• 3 weeks later...

I received the same letter with higher charges with regard to an NCP contravention.

I did reply asking for evidence of my parking but now wish i hadnt as so many people seem to say if i ignore it then they will go away.

anyone got any advice how i can rectify this situation.

• 1 year later...
Ive seen that name Michael sobell

before in the same context as Roxburghe and graham white solicitors. I think your next step would be to report this to the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

The PO Box number for Roxburghe is actually for the nearest sorting office to Graham White Solicitors' supposed office - which is actually Roxburghe's offices. As far as the Law Society is concerned this iteration of "Graham White Solicitors" is not registered with them.

There is a Graham White Solicitors in Hertfordshire which is registered with the Law Society but they are nothing to do with this crowd and are somewhat miffed that someone else is using their name. There is however a Michael Sobell who is a solicitor - according to Law Society records he works for the housing department at Hackney Council - it is apparently the same chap.

unquote

Re-Nero12, cjb1971

Michael Sobel or "Graham White Solicitors"/ Roxburghe Debt Collectors, all from Lavender Park Road, West Byfleet, Surrey, is still sending out the same demanding NOTICE OF INTENDED LEGAL ACTION letter in December 2009, but his costs have gone upto

Claim Issue fee £30

Solicitors Costs [his] £50

Judgement Costs £25 [whose judgement?]

Warrent Issue fee £100

Solicitors costs for warrant £2.25

on top of the Roxburghes debt collecting cost of £150.

this latest threatening letter was sent to a friend who was not even driving the car but was the reg. owner, as has been explained twice in writing, but ignored. The car was parked in a dark car park at 10 pm night, and one remote 'so-called contract sign' was not illuminated.

All correspondence of reply sent to the above [problematic] includes a 'Subject Access Request', but ignored.

They refuse to sent their threatening invoices to a correct address that has been provided.

Until any reply to the Subject Access Request is made, all correspondence will be filed but ignored.

Is this a good approach to adopt?

Lord Lucan,

As Baldy has said, all correspondence should be ignored irrespective if they respond to your SAR, which they are not required to anyway.

You are giving them too much credibility, you are not dealing with a lawful authority but a private company, basically it is a [problem].

regards

Lord Lucan,

As Baldy has said, all correspondence should be ignored irrespective if they respond to your SAR, which they are not required to anyway.

You are giving them too much credibility, you are not dealing with a lawful authority but a private company, basically it is a [problem].

regards

I agree, the best policy would be to ignore these idiots and let them spend more money employing a sad little oik with no life to send out template threats.

While you are buisy ignoring them have a read here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/221818-tps-parking-solutions-limited.html

• 4 months later...

ok - let me stop you all there.

Michael sobell (aka graham white solicitors) are completely corrupt. Nothing more than a letter [problem] thingy. He works for Roxburghe, another corrupt company. Nothing to do with the real Graham White solicitors company. He is nothing more than a criminal - point blank - point simple.

Never respond to his letters - even to deny the debt. Just ignore. His letters are just there just to scare you. He never goes to court as he does not have the paperwork to back up his claims. Plus the fees these two corrupt companies add would never be allowed by court. e.g. If you did??? owe 150 - you now owe 400. Never in a million years would a court accept these fees. He knows this. He will also tell you that both parties are required to "resolve" the situation by law. More BS! If a court was to take a look at his threatening letters they would throw the case out.

Therefore stop getting all upset by him and ignore all his BS. You would be much better off finding out where he lives and posting that info on the net. Let me assure you there are thousands of victims of this **** bag you would like to put him 6 foot under where he belongs. Do not get angry and worry, he's not worth it. He is a gutless coward who simply needs a good kicking. HE WILL NEVER TAKE YOU TO COURT - IT IS PURELY A [problem] BASED ON THREATS AND IMITATION. Ignore!

HE WILL NEVER TAKE YOU TO COURT - IT IS PURELY A [problem] BASED ON THREATS AND IMITATION

100% correct - during several of their phone calls they have been told that I will not pay them a penny (or anything else) and they must follow through with their threat of court action

I am still waiting several months on so so guess it is not goung to happen

Ignore everything as they are powerless and know it

Do not write to them

Do not phone them

Do not email them

If they phone either wind them up and waste their phone bill e.g. "Can you hang on I'll go and find him" and then mow the lawn, make a cup of coffee watch a video or just put the phone down

I,ve just had a message left from these guys and worried for about 10 minutes until I found this thread. feel so much better now and I'm going to take up asmodeus's advice and mow the lawn lol! thanks

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
I received the same letter with higher charges with regard to an NCP contravention.

I did reply asking for evidence of my parking but now wish i hadnt as so many people seem to say if i ignore it then they will go away.

anyone got any advice how i can rectify this situation.

I have just experienced this whole situation. But the first issue I had was that I never received a ticket!!..My first contact was a letter from Roxburgh the debt collectors and I wrote a letter to them but have now received a letter from Graham White solicitors charging more money. I would like to know whether you had a response to your letters and whether they left you alone after?..Its all well and good people saying to ignore them but I have not heard of anybody saying they had to go to court or if they were finally left alone! How do we know it's not real? I am going to the citizens advice bureau tomorrow for help. I feel the letters are harassing and threatening especially when I never received a ticket from APC for apparently stopping illegally at the airport!

I have just experienced this whole situation. But the first issue I had was that I never received a ticket!!..

Makes no difference.

My first contact was a letter from Roxburgh the debt collectors

Debt Collector = Someone with absolutely no powers to do anything whatsoever.

and I wrote a letter to them

1st mistake.

but have now received a letter from Graham White solicitors charging more money.

Well you would they think they have you worried as you contacted them.

I would like to know whether you had a response to your letters and whether they left you alone after?

They won't leave you alone till they get the feeling you are ignoring them.

..Its all well and good people saying to ignore them but I have not heard of anybody saying they had to go to court or if they were finally left alone!

Then you haven't read very much on this forum, it is full of the ppcs finally giving up and chasing weaker people.

How do we know it's not real?

Thousands have ignored without consequences.

I am going to the citizens advice bureau tomorrow for help.

They will tell you to appeal as even they don't really understand the law surrounding private parking is all about.

I feel the letters are harassing and threatening especially when I never received a ticket from APC for apparently stopping illegally at the airport!

That is exactly what they are designed to be.

regards