Civil Enforcement resonce letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4437 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Undecided whether to respond to CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD or NOT

There seems conflicting advice here ?

My full story is this ....

BRIGG

North Lincolnshire

DN20 9BQ

March 21st 2012

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

(Copies of this report will be circulated to Grimsby/NE Lincs Council, Ombudsman, Information Commissioner, DVLA, Trading Standards and the Police)

I am a disabled driver with 40years outstanding record of advanced driving. I have never been successfully pursued for a parking offence.

Last week, I sadly experienced the death of one close relative and war hero, coinciding with the hospitalisation of my mother. Whilst attempting vigils, at both bedsides, I became extremely tired.

I am confined to a wheelchair and because of a broken brake on my wheelchair frame, It was difficult to leave my car unaided. I therefore sought a suitable place to park and have a short “power nap”, between hospital visits. I never left the car.

I can only assume that while I slept, some entrepeneurial member of “Civil Enforcment Ltd's” team, took a photo of my number plate and the road I was parked on (Birchin Way, DN31 2SG, GRIMSBY ) – The BMW in the photos attached, is parked exactly where I was, to demonstrate that the “Enforcement Notice” was issued improperly, irrisponsibly and possibly illegally.

I received a PARKING CONTRAVENTION Enforcement notice, (See exhibit A) and knowing that I had not parked in a prohibited space, I journeyed back to Grimsby and took pictures of the site of the incident.

At this site, I met a lady driver and a passenger of a third party's vehicle and they informed me that they too, had received these notices in the past and found them to be fraudulent, in that they were being handed out indiscriminately, in the hope that the receivers would simply pay the fines levied. (I did not get the lady's name but have the reg no. of the car she was driving.

The excessive fine (£150 + £10 each photo, + legal fees threatened), being sought, (for offences on a public road policed by Humberside Police and supposedly managed by North East Lincs Council), seem to have been delegated to a private company CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD. Horton House, Exchange Flags, Liverpool L2 3PF

I find this delegation of responsibility, exceedingly irresponsible.

Photos on the PARKING CONTRAVENTION NOTICE, (carefully?) show no details of location whatsoever ?

There are no yellow lines at the kerbside I parked at. The yellow lines in the area are a disgrace to the council and local traffic enforcement authorities, as they are practically invisible.

I suspect that this “PARKING CONTRAVENTION” scheme, has detiorated to the level of a [problem] and it would not be difficult to find many drivers in the area, who have received false accusations. THIS MUST BE STOPPED

I request your organisation look into this “[problem]” and ensure operatives carrying out these tasks are trained, authorised, responsible people …. I offer the following questions ….

1) Who is finally responsible for collection of REAL parking offences in Birchin Way (A public highway)

2) If delegating authority to outside agencies, should the council not display such notice, somewhere, particularly in those areas, so supervised

3) If the driver is present, when photos are taken, should it not be reasonable to affix a parking contravention notice to the car windscreen, as Traffic Wardens would ?

4) Markings in Birchin Way need repainting, urgently, if such fines are to be levied in future

5) I suspect “Civil Enforcement Ltd” are abusing their powers and abusing their access to DVLA data, by sending out uneccessary hopeful fines, in the hope that lesser informed individuals would just “pay up”, not realising they are being scammed !

I will NOT be paying the parking fine and will take this case all the way to the European Courts, if any further actions are pursued against me.

I am a disabled driver and was displaying my valid disabled driver badge at the time. (This would authorise 3 hours parking even on DOUBLE YELLOW LINES and I was parked on a kerb with NO yellow lines and no visible signage saying any other restrictions applied.

I never left the vehicle and could have been awoken at any time by a small tap on the window

I hope your organisation can help “clean up” the systems and operations of Civil Enforcements Ltd.

Yours Faithfully

Alan Brown

temp 004a.jpg

temp 003.jpg

temp 014.jpg

temp 013.jpg

temp 010a.jpg

There is no conflicting advise cybermedia.

Your "appeal" will be refused.

They will continue to send you junk mail with ever increasing figures/threats.

Advise at present remains constant

1 Ignore

2 Ignore some more

3 Return to 1

Where?

My full story is this ....

BRIGG

North Lincolnshire

DN20 9BQ

March 21st 2012

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

(Copies of this report will be circulated to Grimsby/NE Lincs Council, Ombudsman?, Information Commissioner, DVLA, Trading Standards and the Police)

None of the authorities you mention will be remotely interested.

I am a disabled driver with 40years outstanding record of advanced driving. I have never been successfully pursued for a parking offence.

Last week, I sadly experienced the death of one close relative and war hero, coinciding with the hospitalisation of my mother. Whilst attempting vigils, at both bedsides, I became extremely tired.

I am confined to a wheelchair and because of a broken brake on my wheelchair frame, It was difficult to leave my car unaided. I therefore sought a suitable place to park and have a short “power nap”, between hospital visits. I never left the car.

I can only assume that while I slept, some entrepeneurial member of “Civil Enforcment Ltd's” team, took a photo of my number plate and the road I was parked on (Birchin Way, DN31 2SG, GRIMSBY ) – The BMW in the photos attached, is parked exactly where I was, to demonstrate that the “Enforcement Notice” was issued improperly, irrisponsibly and possibly illegally.

Improperly - probably

irresponsibly - definately

illegally - does not apply

I received a PARKING CONTRAVENTION Enforcement notice, (See exhibit A) and knowing that I had not parked in a prohibited space, I journeyed back to Grimsby and took pictures of the site of the incident.

At this site, I met a lady driver and a passenger of a third party's vehicle and they informed me that they too, had received these notices in the past and found them to be fraudulent,(I take it you mean in her opinion?) in that they were being handed out indiscriminately, in the hope that the receivers would simply pay the fines levied(That is NOT fraud). (I did not get the lady's name but have the reg no. of the car she was driving. - You are taking it all far too seriously!

The excessive fine(It is not a fine, more a begging letter) (£150 + £10 each photo, + legal fees threatened(In their dreams)), being sought, (for offences(It is not an offence) on a public road policed by Humberside Police and supposedly managed by North East Lincs Council), seem to have been delegated to a private company CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD. Horton House, Exchange Flags, Liverpool L2 3PF

I find this delegation of responsibility, exceedingly irresponsible.

Photos on the PARKING CONTRAVENTION NOTICE, (carefully?) show no details of location whatsoever ?

Begging etters really go into such detail.

There are no yellow lines at the kerbside I parked at. The yellow lines in the area are a disgrace to the council and local traffic enforcement authorities, as they are practically invisible.

I suspect that this “PARKING CONTRAVENTION” scheme, has detiorated to the level of a [problem] and it would not be difficult to find many drivers in the area, who have received false accusations. THIS MUST BE STOPPED

No one on here will argue with you on that, any suggestion as to how?

I request your organisation look into this “[problem]” and ensure operatives carrying out these tasks are trained, authorised, responsible people …. I offer the following questions ….

Good luck with that request, but don't hold your breath for anything happening.

1) Who is finally responsible for collection of REAL parking offences in Birchin Way (A public highway)

Can't help you with that one.

2) If delegating authority to outside agencies, should the council not display such notice, somewhere, particularly in those areas, so supervised

I personally know of no such requirement legal or otherwise, unless you can direct me otherwise.

3) If the driver is present, when photos are taken, should it not be reasonable to affix a parking contravention notice to the car windscreen, as Traffic Wardens would ?

No, and Traffic Wardens are no longer obliged to either.

4) Markings in Birchin Way need repainting, urgently, if such fines are to be levied in future

5) I suspect “Civil Enforcement Ltd” are abusing their powers and abusing their access to DVLA data, by sending out uneccessary hopeful fines, in the hope that lesser informed individuals would just “pay up”, not realising they are being [problem]med !

You could be right on that one!

I will NOT be paying the parking fine(It is not a fine) and will take this case all the way to the European Courts,

I don't believe you can take it that far, if it went to court (highly unlikely) it would be the County Court, the only appeal after that is to the Crown Court.

if any further actions are pursued against me.

It will never get past the threatening letter stage.

I am a disabled driver and was displaying my valid disabled driver badge at the time. (This would authorise 3 hours parking even on DOUBLE YELLOW LINES and I was parked on a kerb

I was not aware that parking on a kerb was legal, even with a blue badge, has the law changed?

with NO yellow lines and no visible signage saying any other restrictions applied.

Do authorities paint double yellow lines on kerbs?

I never left the vehicle and could have been awoken at any time by a small tap on the window

I hope your organisation can help “clean up” the systems and operations of Civil Enforcements Ltd.

No chance!

Yours Faithfully

Alan Brown

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34407[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]34406[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]34405[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]34408[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]34409[/ATTACH]

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.