Help48xxx v. MBNA

Help48xxx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How very odd!

I received a letter today, in a manilla envelope, from...(dah dah dah dah dah dah dah dahhhhhhhh) MBNA!! It's a very pretty letter, full of colour and little text boxes, which say,

"We can help get you back on track"

It then goes on to say...'you are in arrears by £*** so please pay the full amount by 27th June. If you are unable to....please call on 01244 680792.'

The last pretty box says this:

'Make at least one positive step towards sorting out one of your debts.

First of all, deal with the creditors who are making an effort to help - like MBNA

Share your fears and frustrations and remember: a trouble shared is a trouble halved!'

Firstly, I apologise to all of you that have just spat your tea all over your pc monitor:(.

Secondly.......... I apologise in advance for my rant.....

I DONT want to talk to them on the telephone. I don't want to share my fears, particularly as I only have them due to the fact that they keep getting Optima to send me threatening letters. And....the only ****** frustration I have is that they don't ******* well read the letters I send them. ARGHHHHHH :mad:

They're right about the trouble shared thing though.........I have now shared with you lot, as you are much better listeners.

Rant over....thank you for listening.

xx

ooh, what colour did you get? I have had a blue one and a yellow one. Some people have had pink ones. I was most disappointed that I didnt get a pink one. There have apparently even been pink pigs.. I didnt get one of those either. I am very tempted to ask if I am being discriminated against. :confused::lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Help, just a quick update.

I got a reply from Companies House - copy of an email they've sent to Optima requesting a reply within 2 days. I also wrote to the Law Society. They wrote back saying they only deal with complaints from clients of law firms and they gave me Optima's address and telephone number so I could complaint directly to them. Brilliant! Don't you just love closed shops? Just for the hell of it, I sent this one back:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your swift reply.

I am not a client of this firm - I am a victim of their underhand way of doing business. I hope that you can appreciate the irony of furnishing me with their address when it was the lack of this detail that was at the root of my complaint in the first place.

There is no point in me complaining directly to them because I think we both know where that will end up - we are, after all, talking about the scrag end of the legal trade here.

My complaint is about their conduct towards me on behalf of their client, therefore I hope this can now be dealt with by you. If you are unable to deal with this matter, would you please tell me which regulating authority will do so.

Yours faithfully,

Fred Bassett

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

ooh, what colour did you get? I have had a blue one and a yellow one. Some people have had pink ones. I was most disappointed that I didnt get a pink one. There have apparently even been pink pigs.. I didnt get one of those either. I am very tempted to ask if I am being discriminated against. :confused::lol:

My latest one was pink, but I regret to say I've had nothing with a pig on it yet - the closest I can get is that the letter was obviously written by one, but then we've all had that. To any pigs that might be reading this, I offer you my profound apologies for the blatant slur on your character caused by my comparing you to an employee of MBNA.

I think it's time we had some various-coloured template letters with which to reply to MBNA, I think I might give that a go.

All contributions welcome.

Regards to all.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

Hi Help, just a quick update.

I got a reply from Companies House - copy of an email they've sent to Optima requesting a reply within 2 days. I also wrote to the Law Society. They wrote back saying they only deal with complaints from clients of law firms and they gave me Optima's address and telephone number so I could complaint directly to them. Brilliant! Don't you just love closed shops? Just for the hell of it, I sent this one back:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your swift reply.

I am not a client of this firm - I am a victim of their underhand way of doing business. I hope that you can appreciate the irony of furnishing me with their address when it was the lack of this detail that was at the root of my complaint in the first place.

There is no point in me complaining directly to them because I think we both know where that will end up - we are, after all, talking about the scrag end of the legal trade here.

My complaint is about their conduct towards me on behalf of their client, therefore I hope this can now be dealt with by you. If you are unable to deal with this matter, would you please tell me which regulating authority will do so.

Yours faithfully,

Fred Bassett

brick wall - head - bang. I like your reply Fred.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

To Fred & CB...thanks for making me laugh! I got a blue & pink letter actually, (neener neener, neener). No sign of pigs so far though :(

So, a day of mixed blessings.......

Got home to find a letter from Moorcroft who, after I CCA'd them, have now said they don't have one but I can get one from their client. The 'nice' people even enclosed a cheque...hoorah! I am though now assuming that Moorcroft and I have parted company....especially as they didn't send the DOA I requested...(smirk).

Then, the next letter is from Capital One saying, (finally), that they have receieved my offer of token payments, but they won't entertain it until I 'phone them. NO WAY!! Cheeky beggars, they'll be furiously hunting for my CCA that I requested, so I figure I won't be 'phoning them whilst they're so busy.

Nothing from MBNA, or Optima...but then maybe that's a good thing!

xx

To Fred & CB...thanks for making me laugh! I got a blue & pink letter actually, (neener neener, neener). No sign of pigs so far though :(

Hmph, I really, really want a pink letter :(

So, a day of mixed blessings.......

**perks up****:D

Got home to find a letter from Moorcroft who, after I CCA'd them, have now said they don't have one but I can get one from their client. The 'nice' people even enclosed a cheque...hoorah! I am though now assuming that Moorcroft and I have parted company....especially as they didn't send the DOA I requested...(smirk).

Oh dear, what a shame.. I reckon you are just broken hearted at this relationship coming to an end so soon:rolleyes:

Then, the next letter is from Capital One saying, (finally), that they have receieved my offer of token payments, but they won't entertain it until I 'phone them. NO WAY!! Cheeky beggars, they'll be furiously hunting for my CCA that I requested, so I figure I won't be 'phoning them whilst they're so busy.

Definitely a NO NO to a telephone call. I reckon you might start to hear from Debitas who are their In house collection Agents. It must be really frustrating for them that no one wants to talk to them :lol:

Nothing from MBNA, or Optima...but then maybe that's a good thing!

xx

A girl can deal with only so much excitement in one day you know ;)

BCOBS

Hi help48xxx

I got some good news today as well..........barclays (ex monument cc) are prepared to totally wipe my debt off :) , but i am considering telling them where to stick it. I have bigger fish to fry.

Check the last few pages of my thread

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Finally my son has sorted out the CCA from MBNA.

So...here it is...in all its glory. Check out the blurred top line of page 2!

Any comments folks?

xx

Hmmmmmmm

not quite got it right

try BIGGER :)

get a photobucket account (free) and put the images there and copy a link on your post

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Well I had a reply from the Law Society and they have now passed it on to somebody to deal with it. I also had a reply from Companies House, similar to your one, so I'll keep you posted.

Would like to iterate CB's comment: NEVER NEVER NEVER ring them. The 'phone is their weapon - if they can't use is to intimidate, bully, threaten and lie to you they are completely powerless. Soon enough you'll get to the point where you wish they would ring you just so you can wind them up by not answering their security questions! Trust me, it happens!

Good luck.

Fred

Thanks for the advice people!

I never, ever discuss such things on the 'phone, so Cap1 will have to accept my wishes and stop hassling me. The letters seem so threatening/friendly at first, until you realise that they don't have the right to force you to telephone them. I'm empowered........and they can get over it!

Help, those images are still too small.

You really need to use somewhere like photobucket, it is free to register and you get the expanded files on here that way.

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

BCOBS

No not done correctly...but will suffice

you should paste the IMG links like this

DSC00778.jpg

DSC00777.jpg

Doc1.jpg

but now the bad news.....

from what I can see there appears to be the required content

please check yourself on the originals

does it have

your name and address

their name and address

you sig in a box that says consumer credit agreement 1974 etc

does it have anywhere

a rate of interest or we will tell you what it is

any repayment scedule

a credit limit or we will choose one for you

if so...and i think it has, the agreement is enforceable

sorry (but check first)

Dave

Help, The images are a bit blurred, on the 2nd image, there is in the lower right hand corner some figures.. XX/XX just below their registered office address. What are they please ?

I would say the T&Cs arent part of the original documents anyway inasumch as the charges are for £12.00 and you say you took this out in 2003. Although I dont know the significance of that I believe they must provide you with the T&Cs that were applicable at the time.

BCOBS

Hi Dave & CitB,

I can find details of interest rates, but nothing about credit limits or repayment schedules.

CitB, the figures are PO11 11/02...although as I'm commonly known as Mrs Magoo, it's possible I could be wrong. They are SO small!

The T&C's are easy to read and clearly are the current ones, as I got the identical documents from Virgin with an accompanying letter stating they are the CURRENT T&C's.

Any thoughts?

xx

Edited by Help48xxx
spelling

Well now the, I think that means those T&Cs were supposedly printed in November 2002 ??. However, if they have £12.00 on them that couldnt be possible could it ?.

Other than that I really havent a clue :(

BCOBS

Hi Dave & CitB,

I can find details of interest rates, but nothing about credit limits or repayment schedules.

CitB, the figures are PO11 11/02...although as I'm commonly known as Mrs Magoo, it's possible I could be wrong. They are SO small!

The T&C's are easy to read and clearly are the current ones, as I got the identical documents from Virgin with an accompanying letter stating they are the CURRENT T&C's.

Any thoughts?

xx

Whats that in the bottom left of pic 1.... we will choose your credit limit....I think

you have to be VERY sure that the paperwork is correct or not as the case may be. The only real way to get an oppinion is to scan them somehow.

the photo's are not very revealing

if you cant scan them you might be able to fax them to me and I can scan them for you....cover personal id first though

pm me if you think that would work

Dave

The thing is....

the way the document has been copied with the bare minimum info on it...ie my signature...and the fact that the T&C's are obviously more recent due to the £12.00 charge...meakes me think that they don't want me to see the original document in it's entirety. I did send them the standard letter asking for the original/complaining about the quality ofthe copy etc...they haven't replied to that yet!

I could be wrong though!

xx

Thanks Dave...as usual, you're right about the credit limit bit.

I'll get a fax number for you and fax them to you tomorrow when I'm back in the office if that's ok?

Cheers you two!

xx